Eurobricks in collaboration with The LEGO Group is proud to present a new Direct to Consumer (D2C) Building Contest:
Pimp My Camper!
The idea is this: take the LEGO VW Mini-Camper and customise it! Create a theme version from any LEGO Theme - Star Wars, Friends, Pirates, Castle ... whatever takes your fancy! Make a Steampunk version, or a futuristic Sci-Fi camper! Give it legs or wings instead of wheels! Keep it firmly down to earth as a Town version, but just soup it up! The possibilities are endless.
All we ask is that you keep the basic dimensions the same: the body must be no larger than the original (10 studs by 4 studs; height 13 plates) but reasonable overhang and appendages will be allowed; and the body must be recognisable as a VW Camper.
Only LEGO elements may be used, but custom decals are permitted.
You do NOT need to own the official LEGO version to build this. The instructions for the VW Mini-Camper are available to download and attached to this post.
The Prizes (kindly provided by The LEGO Affiliate Programme)
10220 VW Camper + 40079 Mini VW Camper
Four Runners-Up Prizes
40079 Mini VW Camper
- The contest is open to all Eurobricks members except staff.
- Members may enter as many models as they wish.
- There is no restriction on the number of parts. The model must be based a shell of around the same dimensions as the LEGO Mini-Camper: 10 studs long by 4 studs wide, 13 plates high and must be recognisable as a camper, but any further additions are permitted within reason so long as the result is a vehicle.
- There is no restriction on part count as long as the above criteria are fulfilled.
- Post your entries in the entry thread. Use a separate post for each entry. No other comments will be allowed in the entry thread - a separate thread will be provided for comments.
- Up to four photographs are allowed, maximum size 800x600 pixels, but you may link to a folder of further images. No digital backgrounds please.
- Text descriptions are encouraged and we recommend you describe the theme you have chosen.
- Use LEGO elements only: no clone brands or aftermarket products (BrickArms, BrickForge etc.). No cutting, sculpting, painting or other modifications of parts is allowed with the exception of flex-tubes which may be cut to the desired length but not modified in any other way.
- Custom decals are allowed as long as you have made them yourself. Official LEGO stickers may be used.
- No digital entries, diagrams or renders please.
- You may edit or adjust your entry up until the closing date.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not adhere to these rules or where any abuse of the spirit of the contest or of other members occurs.
Closing Date for entries is 30 September 2013
Please use this thread for questions and discussion related to the contest.
Have fun, and good luck!
40079 Mini-Camper Instructions
MiniCamperInstructions.pdf 1.59MB 1461 downloads