Welcome to the first ever Games Forum building contest, hosted in celebration of the 2 year anniversary of the Heroica RPG! Whether you're an old hand at the game or completely new to this part of Eurobricks, now is your chance to participate in the rich fantasy enviroment that is Heroica, create something unique, and be in with a chance to win some fantastic prizes!
The heroic organisation of Heroica is located in the centre of a vast and diverse land. From the bustling city of Eubric Freeport, adventurers set out across the Crystalline Sea to navigate the lands of Oligaia on many a quest. Whether they explore into the fiesty draconic lands of the Dastan Empire, traverse into the lost kingdom of Ennon, take an airship over the harsh Abra Desert or stop to soak up the luxurious atmosphere of Salmanda. The land is populated by a plethora of unique creatures and monsters, as well as the many intelligent cultures with their own building styles and ways of life.
For more information about the setting of Heroica, do check out the Heroica Library.
The aim of this contest is to build a scene, building, location or other creation, that would fit into the rich fantasy setting of the Heroica RPG. There are no thematic limits; it could be a Mistlands stronghold under siege, a steampunk skyship navigating into port, a crumbling forgotten ruin of Ennon; anything is possible. Voting will focus on the creativity, ingenuity and compatibility of your entry with the Heroica world.
- One entry per member.
- Only official LEGO elements are permitted.
- All entries must me made with physical bricks, not digitally rendered. Models must use conventional building techniques; no cutting, gluing, painting or other forms of modification are allowed, including custom decals. Cutting LEGO rope and hose etc is acceptable.
- Maximum entry size is 32x32 studs with no structural overhang. Accessory overhang (minifig weapons, dragon tails etc) is permitted.
- Entries cannot be a previous posted creations, they must be designed specifically for this contest.
- Entries must be submitted to the Entry Thread with a short description and up to 3 deeplinked images no greater than 800x600 pixels in size. Links to larger version of the submitted images are permitted, but not to other images.
- Minimal photo editing is permitted, but only to enhance the image; no editing of the creation is allowed.
- Entries must not be submitted as a separate topic; only one post in the entry thread please.
- Entries must be posted by 11:59pm UTC on Sunday September 8th. Voting will then occur in the week that follows.
- Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified.
- Entries that do not meet all the requirements by the deadline will be disqualified.
- Whether an entry meets the requirements will be at the discretion of the contest host, but entrants will be notified if their entry does not meet the requirements.
- All entries can be altered/changed as many times as each entrant wishes up until the contest deadline, within the single entry post.
- Shortly after the contest closes, a voting topic will be made for the qualifying entries.
We have some great prizes on offer, kindly donated by The Lego Group.
1st Place: Your choice of one of the two prizes listed below!
2nd place: The remaining prize not chosen by the 1st place winner!
Prize: 70404 King's Castle
Prize: 79008 Pirate Ship Ambush
Entries may be submitted here.
If you have any questions or need clarifications, ask them here. Otherwise, good luck and get building!
If you wish to discuss the entries and talk about how awesome they are all looking, this is the place to do it.