Heroica Contest

215 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

Posted Image

Welcome to the first ever Games Forum building contest, hosted in celebration of the 2 year anniversary of the Heroica RPG! Whether you're an old hand at the game or completely new to this part of Eurobricks, now is your chance to participate in the rich fantasy enviroment that is Heroica, create something unique, and be in with a chance to win some fantastic prizes!

The Concept

The heroic organisation of Heroica is located in the centre of a vast and diverse land. From the bustling city of Eubric Freeport, adventurers set out across the Crystalline Sea to navigate the lands of Oligaia on many a quest. Whether they explore into the fiesty draconic lands of the Dastan Empire, traverse into the lost kingdom of Ennon, take an airship over the harsh Abra Desert or stop to soak up the luxurious atmosphere of Salmanda. The land is populated by a plethora of unique creatures and monsters, as well as the many intelligent cultures with their own building styles and ways of life.

For more information about the setting of Heroica, do check out the Heroica Library.

The aim of this contest is to build a scene, building, location or other creation, that would fit into the rich fantasy setting of the Heroica RPG. There are no thematic limits; it could be a Mistlands stronghold under siege, a steampunk skyship navigating into port, a crumbling forgotten ruin of Ennon; anything is possible. Voting will focus on the creativity, ingenuity and compatibility of your entry with the Heroica world.

General Rules
  • One entry per member.
  • Only official LEGO elements are permitted.
  • All entries must me made with physical bricks, not digitally rendered. Models must use conventional building techniques; no cutting, gluing, painting or other forms of modification are allowed, including custom decals. Cutting LEGO rope and hose etc is acceptable.
  • Maximum entry size is 32x32 studs with no structural overhang. Accessory overhang (minifig weapons, dragon tails etc) is permitted.
  • Entries cannot be a previous posted creations, they must be designed specifically for this contest.
  • Entries must be submitted to the Entry Thread with a short description and up to 3 deeplinked images no greater than 800x600 pixels in size. Links to larger version of the submitted images are permitted, but not to other images.
  • Minimal photo editing is permitted, but only to enhance the image; no editing of the creation is allowed.
  • Entries must not be submitted as a separate topic; only one post in the entry thread please.
  • Entries must be posted by 11:59pm UTC on Sunday September 8th. Voting will then occur in the week that follows.
Contest ends at 11:59pm UTC on Sunday September 8th.
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified.
  • Entries that do not meet all the requirements by the deadline will be disqualified.
  • Whether an entry meets the requirements will be at the discretion of the contest host, but entrants will be notified if their entry does not meet the requirements.
  • All entries can be altered/changed as many times as each entrant wishes up until the contest deadline, within the single entry post.
  • Shortly after the contest closes, a voting topic will be made for the qualifying entries.
Prizes

We have some great prizes on offer, kindly donated by The Lego Group.

1st Place: Your choice of one of the two prizes listed below!
2nd place: The remaining prize not chosen by the 1st place winner!

Prize: 70404 King's Castle

Posted Image

Prize: 79008 Pirate Ship Ambush

Posted Image

Entry Thread

Entries may be submitted here.

If you have any questions or need clarifications, ask them here. Otherwise, good luck and get building!

If you wish to discuss the entries and talk about how awesome they are all looking, this is the place to do it.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines
Index of helpful tutorials

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

Currently Playing Doğukan Akbulut the artistic Turkish tailor in Mafia After Dark
Doranee Grandeur the 44 year old female elf ranger in Cruel Angel's Thesis

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 PsyKater

PsyKater

• I am Adriano. Please be nice.

Member: 30022

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

This sounds great. :excited:
- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster

in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently on the Fields of Glory]

Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)

Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer

in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis

2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer

Posted Image

We opened a new BrickLink Store for you: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!

#3 Xcod119

Xcod119

Member: 34425

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Is it Purely Purist Minifigures, or can I use Fleshies?
“There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power.”
– Gandalf

#4 PsyKater

PsyKater

• I am Adriano. Please be nice.

Member: 30022

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

Fleshies are Purist MF as well, I think :classic: They are just very uncommon on Olegia.
- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster

in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently on the Fields of Glory]

Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)

Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer

in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis

2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer

Posted Image

We opened a new BrickLink Store for you: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!

#5 Mutant Orc

Mutant Orc

Member: 60515

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

This does sound great although I'm not that knowledgeable on heroica- I'll have to do some research...

I just tried to make sense of the Heroica Library- I'm so confused!!! HELP
"Rivers of Blood, and Mountains of Corpses will not stand in my way!"- Dragon Woman from 47 Ronin
"...Ten fold..!" - Captain Fuller
"Cuttlefish. Eh? Let us not, dear friends, forget our dear friends the cuttlefish..." - Jack Sparrow

#6 Pyrovisionary

Pyrovisionary

Member: 30624

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Looks fun. I shall definitely be entering!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"All around the Sta'actus plant; the stalker chased the Bandit, the stalker thought 'twas all in fun: POP goes the bandit!" -Tiny Tina (Borderlands 2)

Heroica stats!

Sergeant Jon McEncy in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

When life gives you lemons:

"Don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"I'm gonna put my pain into your soul!"

"The prince of justice and genocide has something to say: Gone are the days of the tentacle and the age of the gods' mercy is far away...We are the fighters of the middle, the second act in the three-part MEAT play, AND I WILL WIN BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR!"

"Two + Two is Ten. IN BASE 4!"

"Thank you for riding the Psycho Express, Tooh-tooh! All aboard, I'll be collecting your tickets, we have beverages in the DINING CAR!!"

#7 Endgame

Endgame

• Welp you dead

Member: 20312

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

What exactly is confuing you about the library, Mutant Orc? :classic: I'd be happy to help, and even refer you to some great world-building quests.
Participating as Sorrow in Heroica RPG: http://www.eurobrick...0
Currently hosting Quest #81: Home Sweet Home

#8 mandrakesarecool2

mandrakesarecool2

Member: 32609

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Awesome made my Model and might post it Today :classic:

#9 Wedge09

Wedge09

Member: 29763

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

I will enter for sure! Time to find some information and then go planning :grin:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, Level 21 2/3 Hunter, 99-year-old male Elf in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309

#10 hoiharry

hoiharry

Member: 13814

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Looks fun. I think I will join :classic:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 hoiharry

hoiharry

Member: 13814

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Am I allowed to use names, buildings ect. from games? And do I need to tell a story about my work?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Zepher

Zepher

• Knows his sh...ociology

Member: 3241

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Looks fantastic as always.  I'll be happy to build something!  :thumbup:

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Lil' Zepher In Mafia School

#13 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• On a Title Roll

Member: 11254

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Posthoiharry, on 08 August 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Am I allowed to use names, buildings ect. from games? And do I need to tell a story about my work?
Make sure you check with the creator of the character/item/location if you're going to use something that's already been developed.

#14 Jippon

Jippon

Member: 1724

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'm not very familiar with the world of Herorica, but this contest is a good excuse for getting to know the RPG a little better. Already got a fun idea for an entry, good luck to everyone who enters!

#15 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

• All Systems Go!

Member: 16378

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Awesome  idea to celebrate the amazing building talent that we have here In our game community  - good luck to all who enter! :sweet:

Hopefully this will also encourage  the many likeminded  individuals on Eurobricks to take the plunge in joining the Rpg.

EDIT: Woah, that was an interesting spelling mistake, courtesy of my phone.

Edited by Scorpiox, 08 August 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]

#16 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

View PostXcod119, on 08 August 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Is it Purely Purist Minifigures, or can I use Fleshies?

You may use any LEGO elements that you think would be appropriate for your model. As noted, the world of Heroica is open to a very wide range of themes and genres, there are no limits other than creativity!

View Posthoiharry, on 08 August 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

A short description of how your creation fits into the Heroica world would be a good addition to your entry. Remember that you need to make your entry appeal to the public voters, who will want to know how it fits into the theme of this contest! The world of Heroica is a collaborative development so referring to names of places used previously should not be a problem.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines
Index of helpful tutorials

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

Currently Playing Doğukan Akbulut the artistic Turkish tailor in Mafia After Dark
Doranee Grandeur the 44 year old female elf ranger in Cruel Angel's Thesis

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Zepher

Zepher

• Knows his sh...ociology

Member: 3241

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

Additionally, if anyone has any questions about any of the lands of Heroica, I'm sure that pretty much every player would be happy to point you in the right direction.  :thumbup:  Certain quests take place in certain lands, so while you don't have to read every quest (or even do more than skim the pictures of a quest in the land you're interested in) I'm sure people would be happy to tell you where to look for inspiration!

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Lil' Zepher In Mafia School

#18 Flare

Flare

• A phonemonanl speller

Member: 11759

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

Awesome! :drool: But why oh why do I have to be away from my LEGO :cry_sad:

Benji Carvenhall the Dragonslayer in Heroica RPG       Posted Image

#19 MstrOfPppts

MstrOfPppts

• Lord Vader thinks I'm special

Member: 14752

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostZepher, on 09 August 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

Additionally, if anyone has any questions about any of the lands of Heroica, I'm sure that pretty much every player would be happy to point you in the right direction.  :thumbup:  Certain quests take place in certain lands, so while you don't have to read every quest (or even do more than skim the pictures of a quest in the land you're interested in) I'm sure people would be happy to tell you where to look for inspiration!
Ok, I'm not a Heroica player (never signed in for the lack of time) but I was thinking about creating something for this competition. I was thinking about some underground caves with a lot of ancient architecture. Something like Diablo sewers missions. Any idea if such thing exists in Heroica and where to find out more about it?

Posted Image

#20 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

• Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me

Member: 10643

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostMstrOfPppts, on 09 August 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Ok, I'm not a Heroica player (never signed in for the lack of time) but I was thinking about creating something for this competition. I was thinking about some underground caves with a lot of ancient architecture. Something like Diablo sewers missions. Any idea if such thing exists in Heroica and where to find out more about it?
I suggest reading recent quests hosted by Kintober. Those were exclusively featuring sewers and the mysteries down there. Or you could read a few of the ones hosted by Sany which feature the Wolfgang, as that is where they seem to hangout. :thumbup:

Though I have not played Diablo, so I can only refer to things that include sewers.
Posted ImagePosted Image    Posted Image Posted Image
Heroica Statistics

Forever York, in Bob's Excalibur Mafia
Capriccia Gianpaolo ~ 123 years old female vampire ~ Level 11 Cleric

#21 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Member: 5025

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostMstrOfPppts, on 09 August 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Sandy's Quest 44 is a good one for such setting, starting around post 611 it features the underground temple of the god of chaos, Zoot. Zepher's Quest 53 also takes place in the sewers and underground of Eubric Freeprort, starting around post 1411. If you look in the Heroica Index, quests are also identified by their author and story arc and as Capt.JohnPaul mentioned, any of the quests by Kintober or involving the Wolfgang tend to take place in the sewers.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as Ex-highwayogre:

Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 31 Ogre, Hunter

#22 hench

hench

Member: 28103

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'll enter. I've been planing to build some air machines, but I'm not very home with Heroica, so I don't know, if "good guys" have them too. And also, what kind of minifigs should i put on? Knights?

Posted Image

#23 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

• Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me

Member: 10643

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

View Posthench, on 09 August 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

I'll enter. I've been planing to build some air machines, but I'm not very home with Heroica, so I don't know, if "good guys" have them too. And also, what kind of minifigs should i put on? Knights?
The airships are a technology invented by the Ji Pei. (Which is a very Asian-like culture.) I suggest you read Sandy's current quest "Falling Stars" to see minifigs that would fit the Ji Pei. :classic:
Posted ImagePosted Image    Posted Image Posted Image
Heroica Statistics

Forever York, in Bob's Excalibur Mafia
Capriccia Gianpaolo ~ 123 years old female vampire ~ Level 11 Cleric

#24 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Member: 5025

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

View Posthench, on 09 August 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Most factions in Heroica are considered neutral, each having their "good" moments and their "bad" moments, so no need to worry about it too much. Heroica is primarily high fantasy (i.e. Lord of the rings) inspired, but has a good mix of pirates, steam punk, and oriental influences as well. The Ji Pei, as Capt.JohnPaul mentioned, resemble eastern culture and have much more advanced technology than some of the other factions or peoples. Quests 50, 75, and the end of 15 all feature airships and the Ji Pei, however I'm sure there are piratical factions out there that also own airships.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as Ex-highwayogre:

Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 31 Ogre, Hunter

#25 hench

hench

Member: 28103

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

Very good. Thanks!

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Heroica, Contest

0 user(s) are reading this topic