- New shock absorbers design

- Macpherson suspensions strut

- Lockable differential

- Personalized vinyls

- 2 RC motors

- Motors saving differential

2rrni21.jpg

My goal for this car was only one: DRIFT :laugh:

then i started thinking: "what car is known for drifts?" and the answer was only one

THE KEN BLOCK'S CAR !!!

So i started building this one trying to replicate those colors...then i wasn't so satisfied so i decided to print my own stickers....

I created a template (wich im gonna share soon) to paint vinyls on new panels and i'd say that im pretty happy now :)

2ljth77.jpg

Let's talk about performances now:

even if it weighs 860g it's still fast....doesn't have an amazing acceleration anymore but it still drifts on smooth surfaces expecially when the wheels lose some grip by collecting dust :wink: and it's pretty funny to drive!

vxn7o7.jpg

2n1dh15.jpg

About the chassis: it's very simple and the weight is well distributed, to cause the most loss of grip to the rear wheels, by placing a battery in the front of the car...

As every motor has its own battery and reciver i added a differential inbetween the two motors...you know, sometimes recivers can lose signal and i didn't want to get my motors damaged :tongue:

There's another differential that connects the wheels wich can be locked to cause narrower drifts...

mbl5zo.jpg

30u7la9.jpg

The new shock absorbers design (for those who didn't see one of my last posts where i was talking about that) is really simple....and even if i didn't use the spring taken from the lego one the dimensions are the same, so 100% purists can use it as well :laugh:

6fcn7c.jpg

I hope you like it!

stickers aviable here http://p-lego.blogsp...roduce-you.html

they're in the A4 format so you just need to print the file above as it is :sweet:

(obviusly download the full res one by clicking to enlarge the picture ^^)

2md5cle.jpg

Edited by piterx

Nice - I like the minimalist style: just enough material in the right places to convey the right form. Now you just need to make a guy in a gorilla suit riding a segway.

The over all result of the car is great,but I think you could of added some more bodywork to the back of the car. :sweet:

oh i apologize! i didn't introduce you Steve "The Victim" :blush:

n6osgh.jpg

The over all result of the car is great,but I think you could of added some more bodywork to the back of the car. :sweet:

I would have done that too! but it was made mainly for performances :blush: so i had to cut away lot of things

If this car got any hotter, it would explode! Way to go! (Segway Sam is cute, too!)

I'm liking the front suspension and steering. I might use that one. Some more body work and shaping of the back would be good but it's a great model.

Thanks for the pics

H

Besides the bodywork we need apicture of the underside! Otherwise its good.

done ^^

Nice. Love the bodywork and stickers

I like the engineering, the front suspension is very cool! Waiting to see how it goes drifting.

The overal design isn't bad - you can say this is a car for sure :laugh: , but the stickers made this one very cool. You can definatelly say its Ken Block's no matter what model it is.

Love this so much :wub:, the amount of bodywork is just right to convey the appearance, yet keep the performance good at the same time, a blend I often try to achieve :grin: good job :thumbup:

Really must get some RC motors... :sadnew:

Very nice car! I like the minimalistic approach you took on the body....looks good. I'm usually not a fan of stickers, but you did an amazing job on your stickers.

That is an interesting MacPherson strut style front suspension too.

The front bumper is realy good :thumbup::wub: and the technic to.

But the rest off the body must be work out i think :wink:

Awesome job on this build! It has a great stance and the piece for the emblem is a nice touch. I guess a few have stated it could use some panels on it's rear, I agree, but understand where coming from... Every ounce counts :classic:

Very nice WRC car! I like the minimalistic look and stickers. :thumbup:

This is just too cool! I think as a model designed to drift the body work is fantastic, with weigh being in mind. The back suggests the real thing, which I looked up to refresh my memory.

Excellent job, the stickers are unbelievably good, and can't wait for the video! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

first of all i wanna thank you guys for all your nice comments :blush:

at the moment im working at the video....it's a bit hard because im a terrible driver :laugh:

i think i'll complete it by the end of the day so this night it will be aviable :)

here's a screenshot

f2vcpx.jpg

Edited by piterx