Kaliphlin Agevens Story Forest

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

After his capture, Raz soon noticed that the man who seemed to be technically the leader was little more than a prisoner like himself.  His companion, Tardiff, watched everything he did as closely as possible.  After walking for miles on end, they finally reached a small hut located in a clearing pleasantly situated by a beautiful lake.  Presently the woodcutter came out of his house and saluted the two, raising his eyebrows at the sight of a prisoner.  "Come in, come in!"
  "No, but rather you come out," objected Kaflar, the leader.  "I want none of your cramped houses.  Give me the open air, and I'll be content."

Posted Image

The woodcutter obligingly fetched a few cups and the trio sat down at the table to talk, or perhaps merely to have a good time.  They seemed not to care for Raz one way or another.  It was true that he was chained up securely, besides the fact that his wound still gave him pain, but he still wondered at their utter lack of consideration of the possibility of his escaping.  For a while he tried to think of other things, without paying attention to the noisy group beside him.  But gradually the sun sank lower and lower in the sky; apparently they had no intention of leaving today.

Posted Image

At last the only light to be had was from the stars and the moon, and so Tardiff dragged Raz inside, where they both lay down.  But Kaflar pulled the woodchopper back quickly, out of earshot.  "Listen," he began, "you know I don't half like this; you know no one will suspect you, just give me provisions and let me go."
  The woodcutter looked somewhat surprised.  "Alone?"
  "No; I wish to take the prisoner with me."
  He shook his head decisively.  "The man is wounded.  He could be of no help to you.  Tardiff is fast; he will notice your absence at once."
  Kaflar tossed his head impatiently.  "What are you saying?"
  "Better to wait.  Have patience.  You know the system; follow it.  Come here to me.  Try to arrange a time when Tardiff has other things to concern himself with.  For now, we must go in.  Your time will come."
  Kaflar frowned.  "I do not wish to wait.  But listen; you will speak of this to no one, for anything."  A few gold coins added effectiveness to the command.  The woodcutter bowed his head in acquiescence as they entered the hut; then the darkness held possession of the scene.

Posted Image

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I think this was pretty much my first tree (there was one in the Botanical Gardens, but my brother did that one).

Posted Image

I hope you enjoyed the story!  Feedback is appreciated! :sweet:

--ipernity--(Flickr)--The Brick Blogger--

Posted Image_____Posted Image

Google Ron Paul! - Ageven Deraim, loyal Kaliphlin! - gid617

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house"

#2 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Very nice little scene and the story just keeps getting more interesting :thumbup: The roof on the hut is quite effective :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#3 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Nice job in the roof and the chimney is well made with the little curve, a really good solution :thumbup:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#4 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

View Postsoccerkid6, on 26 December 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

Very nice little scene and the story just keeps getting more interesting :thumbup: The roof on the hut is quite effective :classic:
Thanks!  I got the roof technique from Mark of Falworth (who got it from some one else :laugh: ).

View PostEcclesiastes, on 26 December 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Nice job in the roof and the chimney is well made with the little curve, a really good solution :thumbup:
Thanks! :sweet:   I was pretty happy with the way it turned out!

#5 Brickington

Brickington

• It's Tuesday somewhere, right?

Member: 28288

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Good Work!

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf

#6 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostCommander Law, on 28 December 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Good Work!
Thank you! :sweet:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kaliphlin, Agevens Story, Forest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users