MOC Revolutions

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Blakbird

Blakbird

• Technic Angel of Retribution

Member: 2164

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

During the past year as I have been rebuilding my Technic collection I have also been building copies of many of the best Technic MOCs I have seen. In most cases, I have (or have made) CAD files of these and have also rendered them. Lately, I decided to make revolving animations of them like I do for official models on Technicopedia. And so, here I present a bunch of animations of worthy MOCs! Unless otherwise specified, I have really built all of these. In most cases, the CAD files are also posted at my Brickshelf account. If they are not posted, it is probably because the author has asked me not to.

The first model is called the Annihilator by CP5670. It is an imaginary military vehicle with load of motorized functions and an 8 shot firing cannon.
Posted Image

Next come a pair of models from Grazi, both fantastic. The first is a Big Foot monster truck with incredible suspension travel which uses the Power Puller tires. The second is an enormous pneumatic tow truck based upon the 5571 Black Cat rig.
Posted Image Posted Image

Next is the Black Dragon supercar by Jovel. This one has recently had its own thread here on Eurobricks, so I don't think I need to say more about it. He has also created the Nexus Trial Truck, though I have not built it yet.

Here are a pair of supercars from Erik Leppen. The first is similar to a Bughatti EB 110 and features a fascinating "W-16" engine (which is really more like a Y). The second is a Pagani Zonda. I have not built either of these yet, but I plan to build the Zonda in the near future.

Here is the Lamborghini Countach by Skyliner, discussed in this thread.
Posted Image

Designer Han has offered a large number of very high quality MOCs with full instructions to the AFOL community, and I have built most of them. First shown here is the 10 x 4 pneumatic dump truck. Next is the equally good 8x4 truck. Both also have unique trailers, but I did not do animations of those. Finally, there is also the marvelous Prinoth Leitwolf snow groomer, fully remote controlled.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

An enigmatic builder named Five Star Brick created instructions for a pair of wonderful construction MOCs many years ago. Nobody knows who he is/was, but the models are very intricate. I have not built his wheel loader, but Anio has. I love the gear system.

Crowkillers has blessed us with a myriad of car MOCs, but sadly most of them do not have CAD files. I have built CAD files for his Gallardo and Murcielago and offer the following animations. On request, I also produced an animation of the Murcielago doing a "doughnut", a spin around the front axle.
Posted Image

It's hard to think of anyone who makes more Technic MOCs than Sariel. I made a CAD file of his Jeep Wrangler Rubicon which he built for a Truck Trial competition. It is R/C and 4WD and will go over anything.
Posted Image

Jennifer Clark's models are the envy of every Technic fan due to their accuracy and functionality. I present her JCB JS220 tracked excavator and her LS160 wheel loader.

Jurgen Krooshoop has also designed a lot of excellent MOCs, often with full instructions. Here are some of his models including the Little Devil R/C car. I have built that one, but not yet the other models including his Longnose american truck and his little red and yellow cars.

Mahjqa recently built this Metal Grudge tank based on an omni-wheel concept. It does not drive sideways, but the spins it can execute are really cool.
Posted Image

Nico71 has also done a lot of MOCs and maintains his own web page where he posts instructions. I built a CAD file for his wheel loader a few years ago. His was created before the 8265 existed. More recently he designed his red supercar roadster for which he is preparing instructions.

Former LEGO Technic designer Nathanael Kuipers designed a set of legendary supercar MOCs based on the parts of the 8458 Silver Champion and the 8466 Extreme Off Roader. They are, in order, the Sport Car, the GT Car, and the Super Car. I have built all of them, but the last is by far the most complicated, and is also huge!
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

One of my favorite truck builders is 2LEGOornot2LEGO, and I love the color scheme of his American Truck. It was a joy to build and a joy to look at.
Posted Image

Last but not least is Barman's incredible working V-8 engine replica. You can't tell from the scale of the animation, but this is the biggest MOC of all of them.
Posted Image

Well, that should take care of your available bandwidth for the month. I hope you enjoyed the show.
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#2 Zblj

Zblj

Member: 7054

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

Really cool! Good job with the renders!

#3 ms09

ms09

Member: 10538

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

A brilliant review of Technic master pieces! Really good job!
★★★

MOC-Pages                      Flickr

#4 Fuzzylegobricks

Fuzzylegobricks

Member: 13204

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

Wow! Great show.  :classic:
Won as Bianca Lamb in Hinckley's Mafia School Fabuland Housewives!

#5 nico71

nico71

Member: 8323

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

Awesome !

You did a realy good job !

I see my supercar... Great render Eric !:)
Posted Image

#6 Cypr-21

Cypr-21

Member: 14348

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

What nice renders :)
Very good job
Posted Image

#7 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

View PostBlakbird, on 19 March 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

Well, that should take care of your available bandwidth for the month. I hope you enjoyed the show.
:tongue: It was close. Thanks for sharing.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#8 freakwave

freakwave

Member: 9247

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

View PostBlakbird, on 19 March 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

...On request, I also produced an animation of the Murcielago doing a "doughnut", a spin around the front axle.

Posted Image
*oh2*
Blakbird, now this is an epic render! Looks so great! Just imagine the smoke from its tyres :-)

#9 attila558

attila558

Member: 16438

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

Oh!These are very cool!

#10 allanp

allanp

Member: 961

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

WOW, you put alot of work into these Blakbird and the results are well worth it!
Even the best can be made better, but most important is to be excellent to each other and party on dudes!!!!!!

#11 Sirius Black

Sirius Black

Member: 12413

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:07 PM

I'm in agreement with Freakwave, that is an awesome rendition.  

These are absolutely amazing, thanks so much for showing us all of these. The sheer number is astounding.

Great Work!

Get out, you stupid Werewolf!

Playing as Bob the Mage Elf in Sandy's Heroica RPG. Playing as Man-Bat in Gotham City Mafia
Posted Image               Posted Image
Level 6 Former-House-Elf-Now-Free-Mage-Elf, male, unknown age
Power: 12 Health: 11/11 Ether: 10/11 Gold 3
Inventory: Nimbus Broomstick (WP: 6) Snake Staff (WP: 3), Topaz/lightning, Ruby/fire, Opal/ice Elemental gems, Shovel, bedroll, tonic, potion, smelling salts, nostrum, scroll of sealing, holy bomb, fire bomb.

#12 le60head

le60head

Member: 9321

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:45 PM

You've done some amasing work! As have all the creators of the MOCs.

Have you shared any details on how you did the rendering in some topic perhaps? I am eager to learn more about the process :)

#13 Blakbird

Blakbird

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

View Postfreakwave, on 22 March 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

Blakbird, now this is an epic render! Looks so great! Just imagine the smoke from its tyres :-)
I am imagining the smoke from the tires! Unfortunately, actually animating the smoke is far beyond my capability with POV-Ray. I'd love to have software that made this possible.

View Postle60head, on 22 March 2011 - 07:45 PM, said:

Have you shared any details on how you did the rendering in some topic perhaps? I am eager to learn more about the process :)
Eventually I am going to write a tutorial on Technic Bricks about the process, but it is difficult to document so I don't know when I will get time to do it.
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#14 skyliner

skyliner

Member: 12785

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

Top work! thanks again for your time and effort

skyliner

#15 Leo-J

Leo-J

Member: 12259

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

Really neat stuff!
Need bricks? Come shop in The Brick Hub™.

#16 Jurgen Krooshoop

Jurgen Krooshoop

Member: 9323

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

Thanks for including my models, I feel honoured 8-)

#17 LegOscar

LegOscar

Member: 14409

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

They all look great! Fantastic work.

#18 Blakbird

Blakbird

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

View PostLegOscar, on 25 March 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

They all look great! Fantastic work.

Here are a couple of new animations. First is of RoscoPC's F1 cars since I have been thinking about them lately;
Posted Image

I've also done LasseD's new Scania:
Posted Image
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#19 Tomik

Tomik

Member: 11099

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

View PostBlakbird, on 22 March 2011 - 08:31 PM, said:

Eventually I am going to write a tutorial on Technic Bricks about the process, but it is difficult to document so I don't know when I will get time to do it.

Your renders are simply awesome - great job! May I ask you how you create all those bent parts like flexible axles and tubes? I use SR3D Builder for creating building instructions for my MOCes and I am lost with flexible parts...
My website with building instructions for alternative models - buildinst
My mocpages
My brickshelf gallery

#20 Blakbird

Blakbird

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:54 PM

View PostTomik, on 15 May 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

Your renders are simply awesome - great job! May I ask you how you create all those bent parts like flexible axles and tubes? I use SR3D Builder for creating building instructions for my MOCes and I am lost with flexible parts...

I use LSynth. I think SR3D is able to generate some flexible parts, but not all of them yet. You can find an LSynth tutorial at hollywood.it.
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#21 Tomik

Tomik

Member: 11099

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

View PostBlakbird, on 15 May 2011 - 11:54 PM, said:

I use LSynth. I think SR3D is able to generate some flexible parts, but not all of them yet. You can find an LSynth tutorial at hollywood.it.

I tried LSynth once without great success and I was able to see this flexible parts only in MLCad and not in LPub. I think there was something wrong in my settings... SR3D Builder is much better but its generated flexible parts are not visible in LPub neither. So I will keep trying.
My website with building instructions for alternative models - buildinst
My mocpages
My brickshelf gallery

#22 Blakbird

Blakbird

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostTomik, on 17 May 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

I tried LSynth once without great success and I was able to see this flexible parts only in MLCad and not in LPub. I think there was something wrong in my settings... SR3D Builder is much better but its generated flexible parts are not visible in LPub neither. So I will keep trying.

That is probably because the primitives used to create the flexible parts are in the "unofficial" parts folder and LPub does not look in there. In order to get LPub to see them, copy those parts into the regular parts library folder.
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#23 Blakbird

Blakbird

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:10 AM

Just when you thought there were no more MOC CAD files to animate, I bring you some more.

Here are 3 of RoscoPC's F1 cars including the Brabham BT46B, the Brabham BT52, and the Ferrari 312 T.

This is an older MOC of a monster truck by Miezel.
Posted Image

And finally, Mahjqa's wonderful Stilzkin Indrik arctic vehicle.
Posted Image
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#24 LEGO Train 12 Volts

LEGO Train 12 Volts

Member: 8037

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:45 AM

Wow, I can see my 10 x 4 pneumatic dump truck from han design!  :thumbup:
Fantastic work!  :laugh:

P.S.
I have seen on brickshelf a Ferrari 312T by blackbird ...is it a your MOC?  :oh:
Posted Image   Posted Image

#25 legolijntje

legolijntje

Member: 11214

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:34 AM

Great MOC's, great animations, but can you also edit your first post whit the new added MOC's, because then I can look at them together.
I like these renders more then your "not moving renders", because these are not so shiny  :classic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users