Organized by Burman and Brickdoctor with help from Superkalle.
Welcome to Eurobricks' second LDD Relay Community Build! Following in the footsteps of the first RCB organized by ADHO, we will be creating buildings from a classic LEGO theme. This build will be a collaborative effort to create a medieval village street based on the format of the Medieval Market Village set.
Rules and Guidelines:
Portions of these rules were borrowed from those of the First LDD RCB, written by ADHO15.
Even though this seems like a bunch of boring rules, this is intended to be a serious build, so do read them over before signing up.
>This RCB will be built using LDD 4.1 and Extended Mode. If you have not unlocked it, please do so and ensure it to works properly prior to signing up.
>You must have a Brickshelf account and know how to use it.
>By the end of the build, the model will contain nearly 5,000 pieces. If you think that your computer will be unable to handle such a large model, please do not sign up.
>Each person can add up to 250 bricks. Use the brick counter to ensure you don't use too many bricks, otherwise I get to have some fun and delete portions of your addition.
>The general rule is that you can't alter bricks placed by a previous builder. However, if absolutely necessary in order to place some vital structural elements, you are allowed to move max 10 of of previous builders bricks.
>Use only bricks (in colors) that have been manufactured at some time by TLG. Use BrickLink for reference. Also avoid 'floating' of bricks.
>While it is okay to have corners and spaces between buildings, please keep the whole model attached. If you need more space, tack on a baseplate.
>As a general guideline please avoid use of BPPs, BURPs, and juniorized pieces. That means use brick-built walls, trees, etc., even if it drives your brick count up. There are exceptions; refer to the Medieval Market Village set for examples.
>Please try to keep landscaping down to a minimum. A couple trees and possibly a river with bridge are acceptable, but the focus of this model is the village street itself.
>Following the style of the Medieval Market Village, each floor must measure 7 bricks tall, not counting the floor plates, 14 studs wide, no deeper than 8 studs, and no shallower than 6 studs. Each floor should also be colored black. (just the floor plates)
>Also following the style of said Medieval Market Village, each building should be open-backed and adequately furnished.
>Because it is the only non-fantasy castle torso print available in LDD, any organized military additions should belong to the Crownie faction (light bley and dk. blue colors; make sure the piece has been produced at one time by TLG). Any other armed minifigs should be portrayed as independent warriors.
>This is meant to be a peaceful scene. While armed troops are permitted to patrol the area or occupy buildings, try not to turn the whole street into a military outpost and keep the troops confined to the Crownie faction, with no violent scenes. (this includes burglary, raiding, and spies)
>Against my better judgment, this is a serious build, thus you are not allowed to set the RCB on fire. (or other similar inappropriate additions.) I reserve the right to remove anything that is inappropriate for the model.
>Just so our model doesn't end up looking half-finished, if you are one of the later builders, try not to start anything that can't be easily completed by the next builder.
>Provided that they do not violate one of the above Building Regulations, any design decisions are up to you. Just try to keep it looking Castle-y.
What to do on Your Turn:
1. You will receive a PM from me notifying you when it is your turn and containing the latest version of the model. While the model will be available for download to anyone after the completion of each turn, please do not begin work on your portion before I have sent you the PM, otherwise you might lose your work and/or things could get messy.
2. Download the file I sent you and add your bricks. Make sure you follow the Building Regulations. You have three days to complete and send in your model. If you do not finish in time, you will be replaced by a reserve participant.
3. The file I sent you will be named "EB_LDD_RCB2_Turn turn number". Rename the file using the appropriate Turn Number, upload it to your Brickshelf account, and PM a link back to me.
I've read and agree to all the rules and regulations- how do I sign up?
Simple. Drop me (Brickdoctor) a PM saying that you want to participate and agree to the rules and regulations. If you have a preference as to when you take your turn, also include your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices for turn numbers. I cannot guarantee any particular turn. I will try to get you one of your top three choices, but understand that I can't make any promises. Also remember that I cannot be on EB 24/7 to close signups after the 20th entry, so even if you've PMed me, you are not guaranteed a spot on the roster until I send you a PM of confirmation. I wil, however, take the 21st through 25th entrants (if any) for the list of reserves. There is a limit of 20 builders, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
1. KingoftheZempk (built up first floor of bank and added outdoor stage)
2. efullner (finished bank, added perfume merchant's stand, and started a bakery)
3. private_lego (Finished bakery first floor; started bakery second floor)
4. CallMePIe (continued building top floor of bakery; populated model)
5. Piratedave84 (built first floor of armory)
6. Alopex (started second floor of armory; populated model)
7. Masked Builder (finished roof of bakery, finished armor, began butcher's shop)
8. Eskallon (finished butcher's shop)
9. Zeya (added magician's(?) cart and tree)
10. wmanidi (started stone building)
11. Swiss Army Droid (continued stone building [now stained glass shop])
12. prateek (finished stained glass shop; populated model)
13. alienwar9 (began church, well, and other side of the street)
14. BasOne (reserve, replaced #14 Flare) (finished church)
Host Note: To make the model better to look at, the church was rotated 90 degrees to start a perpendicular street instead of the other side.
15. Burman (added church house, added stable)
16. J4ke (started barracks)
17. brickmack (reserve, replaced #17 cambookpro) (finished barracks, added sword vendor)
Host Note: Changes made to comply with LDD 4.1 and Extended Mode updates.
18. Fuzzylegobricks (reserve, replaced #18 Calabar) (began butcher's shop, added archery range)
Host Note: Again, changes made to comply with LDD 4.1 and Extended Mode updates.
19. Zblj (began mill)
20. Brickdoctor (finished mill, added river, tree, and bridge)
1. BasOne (replaced #14 Flare)
2. brickmack (replaced #17 cambookpro)
3. Fuzzylegobricks (replaced #18 Calabar)
4. The Legonater
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to discuss here.
Edited by Brickdoctor, 21 April 2011 - 08:58 PM.