Sign in to follow this  
DLuders

Alban's Great Ball Contraption (GBC) Modules 5 & 6

chenille_01.jpg

On his Blogo Technic, Alban/ Alban42800 posted a

and 18 pictures of his Great Ball Contraption (GBC) Modules 5 and 6. From the Babelfish French-to-English translation, he wrote:

"Here 2 new modules, module 5 “the caterpillar” and the module 6 “One set GBC 8258”.

The caterpillar is an evolution of the use of the large green wheels with “the new” links of caterpillars already present in my module 4.

This module comprises a mixer at the bottom of the vat of entry, a wheel/caterpillar with 2 claws to leave the balls the vat and the system with the large wheel.

For this last the caterpillar must be tended not to demolish a wheel by gravity. It was thus necessary to work the rigidity of the support and I could not pass to me from the black beam to the top, if not them axes of the wheels twist. I made this model at the time of the meeting setechnic 2010 or one can see it on the video, in last part (

).

One set GBC 8258 is as its name indicates it a module only made starting from the parts of truck LEGO 8258. This set lends itself to it well since there are an engine and much parts.

gbc6_2.jpg

I chose to convoy the balls with two systems of comb after. That is not innovator nor original, then I exploited the transmission: The engine is followed of a reduction by epicyclic gear of 1/4 rise in a cage of turntable (the external crown is not used for nothing here).

Then, to bring the movement to the second comb you can see a transmission by tires (! ) 2nd and 4th wheels are simply guided in vertical rails and member with the others by gravity. The direction of rotation makes that the more important the required couple is and the stronger the pressure between the tires is.

The notes of these models will be available when I dismount them.

Place maintaining with the photographs and the

":

chenille_05.jpgchenille_07.jpgchenille_10.jpggbc6_7.jpg

Edited by DLuders

This is a great GBC! I especially like the module only made from parts from 8258. :thumbup:

~buddy~