Superkalle

Winners of the Eurobricks LDD Design Contest 2010

And the winner is...

First, many thanks to all contestants for some truly amazing MOCs. As you know, this was the first large scale LDD contest ever, so you can all proudly look back on this years from now and say that "I was there, when history was written" :classic:. Also a huge thanks to all who voted. Without you this wouldn't be much of a contest.

Now, the moment we've been waiting for.

LDD Only

In the class LDD Only, there were 51 entries. 72 voters then distributed a total of 213 points as follows:

1st, with 41 votes - Circus Arena by Bojan Pavsic - a fantastic MOC of a theme you don't see too often and using some splendid LDD techniques.

2nd, with 24 votes - Apartment Building by Jan - taking modular buildings to a completely new level. Truly amazing.

3rd, with 20 votes - Steampunk Airship by Captain Blockbeard - an creation with very creative use of the new gold colored bricks.

4th, with 16 votes - Farm House by SolidBrick - superb design and use of colors and bricks, captures that small country cottage.

The contest organizers Best-In-Show price is awarded Irish Troubles by Saracen - A masterpiece full with intricate details that deals with a historic event.

The prices for the winners as follows:

1st - 21005 FallingWater

2nd - 21003 Seattle Space Needle

3rd - Chrome Stormtrooper

4th - Silly surprise - It's MISB :classic:

BIS - LDD3 Rare Promo Brick

To winners - send me a PM with your adress, and the prize will be sent to you.

Honorable mentions go to:

L-DI-EGO, X-wing - BEST SW

mrblue, Pirate Island Port - Best Pirates

zeeronemo, Star Justice Base Dock - Most surprisinging (have you seen the inside!)

SalvoBrick, Esso Service Station - Best RETRO

private_lego, Belgian NMBS - advanced techniques MASTER

Sarkanyapu, Hungerian Parliement Building - BEST MICROSCALE

circus001.jpg

First prize winner, LDD Only class

LDD + Real Bricks

In the class LDD + Real Bricks, there were 31 entries. 67 voters distributed a total of 201 points as follows:

1st, with 58 votes, Anastasia Hotel by Igorlando - It's not often you see something like this - anywhere. Simply breathtaking with all its details.

2nd, with 22 votes, Phoenix Corporation Fireball by Vynsane - Capturing the very definition of swooshable in a clean design. Splendid work.

3rd, with 20 votes, Winny the Pooh by private_lego - a fantastic sculpture modeled and built to perfection.

4th, with 12 points, Train Station by mrblue - Wonderful creation with great details that will look perfect in any train layout.

The contest organizers Best-In-Show price goes to Diner by Johnnhiszippy3 - A superb MOC where much time and effort was put into exactly aligning the LDD MOC with the photographed physical MOC. Excellent work.

The prices for the winners as follows:

1st - 10210 Imperial Flagship

2nd - 10194 Emerald Night

3rd - Star Wars Rebel Pack

4th - Silly Surpise - MISB :laugh:

BIS - LDD3 Rare Promo Brick

To winners - send me a PM with your adress, and the prize will be sent to you.

Honorable mentions to

JoeLego, Rex Helmet - Best SW

gotoAndLego, ModularBridge & Watchtower - Best Historic

Zackariah, Abrams Tank - Best Military

zeeronemo, Star Justice Base Dock - Details master

LegoDejc, Crane Truck - Best Technic

Lego911, Bugatti - Best car

4784910392_cbd9a54824_z.jpg4784910082_fd04019419_z.jpg

First prize winner

Thanks, Superkalle, for hosting the LDD Design Contest! It inspired many folks to try their hand at the software. The 2011 contest is sure to produce even more, fantastic designs! :thumbup:

Can someone post a link to the entry thread? I didn't get to see any of the entries. I tried to do a search but literally came up with hundreds of hits.

THANKS!

Woo!

Congratulations to the winners, and all of the other great entries. Thanks also to Superkalle for making this a fantastic contest! :classic:

Gratss Lgorlando!! fantatic contest guys.. way to go

Edited by Gunman

Congratulations to the winners, and everyone who participated! Looking at all of the wonderful designs sure was a pleasant experience! :classic:

Leg Godt - Play Well.

2nd, with 22 votes, Phoenix Corporatin Fireball by Vynsane - Capturing the very definition of swooshable in a clean design. Splendid work.

WOOT!!! Thanks, Superkalle (PM sent, btw), for organizing such a unique and fun contest, and thanks to everyone who entered and voted. This was my first contest ever, so I'm ecstatic to have won second place! I look forward to participating in more in the future.

Wow, this was an awesome competition. First i need to thank and congratulate Superkalle for making this happen. A big congratulation goes to Igorlando for his win in LDD + real bricks entry. I'd also like to thank everyone that voted for my Circus, i really didn't expect to get that many votes. Big thumbs up to every single one that took the time to create something in LDD and show that TLG is on the right path with this software. There were really amazing creations in the competition. And i really hope my creation will inspire TLG to maybe sometime in the future to put out a circus theme (and i mean not in Duplo size) to enable us to use lots of Collector series minifigs :D

I should say unbelievable!

First, thanks to Superkalle for organizing a spectacular event and for promoting the massive potential of LDD.

Second, thanks to all who voted and participated. This is my first “Lego” contest ever and I am overjoyed to be considered by my piers here on Eurobricks for something that I really love. I truly enjoyed the contest entries, there were so many models that should be real sets! We should all be very excited about the new designers emerging within our community and across the web. I do believe that LDD is finally breaking lose in the Lego Fan World and we were here when it was happening!

Regarding the winning model:

I’d be happy to share with the community some background on how I developed the Anastasia Astoria. I’ll be posting a short guide on the techniques this weekend here on Eurobricks. I really think you’ll find it very useful. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks again! Congrats to all the participants and winners!

Edited by lgorlando

Congratulations to all the winners and a big thanks to Superkalle for doing a perfect job hosting this LDD competition. I feel that LDD has really found a good home here on Eurobricks and all these awesome contest entries show the popularity of LDD is rising fast.

Regarding the winning model:

I’d be happy to share with the community some background on how I developed the Anastasia Astoria. I’ll be posting a short guide on the techniques this weekend here on Eurobricks. I really think you’ll find it very useful. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks again! Congrats to all the participants and winners!

I'd be very interesting in such a guide to understand you created your masterpiece. To be honest, before I didn't think such a big and detailed building like your entry was even possible with LDD.

Well done everybody who entered, and congratulations to the winners. Whether we want to admit it or not it was obvious who was going to win - but that's because they brought their A game.

Here's to making the next one that much harder to judge!

Congrat's to the winners and all that worked in both the digital and real brick world.....there are no losers here, everyone's designs are winners in the creative arena and being true to the aim of Lego.........I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Congratulations to the winners!

There was so many great designs in both category of this competition.

Well performed and a big thanks to Superkalle who made the contest possible at all.

For being the first of its kind, I must say it has been a success :wink:

Can someone post a link to the entry thread? I didn't get to see any of the entries. I tried to do a search but literally came up with hundreds of hits. THANKS!

Here are the original contest entries (which are the two "Pinned" posts at the top of this subforum:

Entries for "LDD + Real Bricks" -- http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44285&st=0 .

Entries for "LDD-only Class" -- http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44284&st=0 . :classic:

Congratulations to all the winners! Your respective victories are very much well-deserved. Props also to all the other entrants, for all the effort you put in your designs. Thanks also to Superkalle for spearheading this historic LDD design contest. Cheers for more LDD contests to come! :classic:

Congrats to all the winners!

The contest was a sure great way to raise awareness about LDD and the new forum!

Congratulations to everyone! I was simply blown away by the circus design, so I'm happy to see it got 1st place (no offense to other entrants). It was great to see such variety of themes in everyone's designs.

By the way, I find myself unable to send PMs. I read and followed the Help instructions, but cannot find the Messenger function. Is it because I'm still listed in the "I'm New!" member grouping, which I assume has certain restrictions placed on it?

Edited by Captain Blockbeard

Congratulations to the winners!

There was so many great designs in both category of this competition.

Well performed and a big thanks to Superkalle who made the contest possible at all.

For being the first of its kind, I must say it has been a success :wink:

Hi Ras.

Good to hear from you :classic: Hope all is fine in on your trip to Australia.

To everyone - Ras has been co-setting up the contest with me has been a super friend to cross-check ideas with. Thanks buddy!

Here are the original contest entries (which are the two "Pinned" posts at the top of this subforum:

Entries for "LDD + Real Bricks" -- http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44285&st=0 .

Entries for "LDD-only Class" -- http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44284&st=0 . :classic:

Thanks DLuders! I forgot this. I'm adding it to the first post now :classic:

Congratulations to everyone! I was simply blown away by the circus design, so I'm happy to see it got 1st place (no offense to other entrants). It was great to see such variety of themes in everyone's designs.

By the way, I find myself unable to send PMs. I read and followed the Help instructions, but cannot find the Messenger function. Is it because I'm still listed in the "I'm New!" member grouping, which I assume has certain restrictions placed on it?

The restriction is that you need 10 posts before you can send messages. Which means, get to work and get 2 more posts :tongue:

Well done to all the winners! IMHO all the best ones came top - but there are so many great entries, so well done to everyone else too. And of course three cheers for Superkalle (and Ras 74), hip hip....

2nd, with 24 votes - Apartment Building by Jan - taking modular buildings to a completely new level. Truly amazing.

Wow, I am really amazed, and flattered, my first contribution to this great community and immediatly a prize.

Cheers to all the other winners and entrants, and of course to Superkalle. And thanks to the voters.

I am quite sure that when LDD keeps updating and getting more functions and parts, the digital designs will get even more popular then they are today.

Jan.