11 replies to this topic

#1 Co1Der

Co1Der

Member: 7052

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

Hi!
Let me introduce my Mobile Crane.

Posted Image

I had no intention to build scale model of any real vehicle, though I think some elements has their source in Liebherr cranes

Posted Image

The main objective was to build fully motorized mobile crane and keep the scale as small as possible.

Posted Image

There are 6 motors in the crane. 1 XL motor is used for driving (3-rd axle) and 1 M motor is used for steering (1,2 and 4-th axles, each axle has it's own angle like in the real multi-axle vehicles).

Posted Image

The rest of the motors (4 M-motors) are used to control the rotation of the turntable, the arm's elevation, telescoping and the hook's operations.
Three M-motors are located inside the rotating structure.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tower's insides.

Posted Image

More photos

Watch the crane in action

Edited by Co1Der, 14 November 2009 - 11:46 PM.

#2 dynamic_e

dynamic_e

Member: 7759

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:08 AM

Wow, looks great.  Looks kinda like a offshoot of the creator truck/crane size.  Nice!

#3 Paul B

Paul B

Member: 8056

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:04 AM

This looks really good, nice design and it looks to work well.

Paul

Posted Image

#4 L-space

L-space

Member: 4504

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

Great stuff.

The video is pleasure to watch.  :thumbup:
the Turtle moves...

clicky:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
L-space | Brickshelf | Brickset | flickr

#5 kondzios230

kondzios230

Member: 7699

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

Your crane is amazing. I have no idea how you hide all this motors inside and make a full MT/creator body. When I looking at your MOC I'd like to sell all my black bricks and buy yellow-it looks great on your photos (black background are just amazing).
Your video are crazy-all this photos, different angles-you must have a lot of patience but final effect are great.

Kondzios230
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#6 Sergiu

Sergiu

Member: 8192

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:06 PM

Very nice and functional crane. I'm impressed how you managed to put all those motors inside such a small vehicle. Also the design of the crane and the details are amazing!
Very well done!

#7 Milan

Milan

Member: 6465

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:27 PM

Ok, finally a mobile crane here!
I am another mobile crane builder, and I working on one myself right now, so I am happy to see fellow crane builder!
Mobile cranes are one of the trickiest machines to build in lego when it comes to functionality and look.
Crane itself looks good, and in that scale, I am very pleased with functions, I am struggling in bigger scale crane to fit suspension, AWD and AW steering, if you want, check my gallery to see it.  I know what challenges you experienced.
Pictures are great, so is the video!

If I had to give a suggestion, I would only put bigger wheels, but that is only me...
Overall, I like it very much, and I hope this is not the last of you regarding cranes!
Keep up!
Posted Image   Posted Image    Posted Image   Posted Image   
Website  Facebook  YouTube   Flickr     

#8 Burf2000

Burf2000

Member: 6615

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

Very good work mate, i think for me the most impressive part of this is you fitted so much PF stuff in to such a small place!

Love the video to

#9 Blakbird

Blakbird

• Technic Angel of Retribution

Member: 2164

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

View PostCo1Der, on Nov 14 2009, 02:07 PM, said:

Hi!
Let me introduce my Mobile Crane.

What an amazing first post.  Let me start by saying that this is one of the most impressive MOCs I have ever seen.  Firstly, your ability to combine Model Team type looks with full technical functionality is very impressive.  Next, it is astounding that you managed to pack so many powered features into a model at this scale.  I would never guess by looking at it that there were 6 motors, 3 receivers, and a battery box hidden away inside.  As if that wasn't all good enough, your photos with the black background look spectacular and your video synchronized with the music is just perfect.

This is the type of model I would gladly buy if it was available for sale.  If you ever decide to post detailed photos of the build, I'd be happy to make an LDraw file for you which you could use for instructions.

Great job and welcome to Eurobricks!!
Blakbird
Technicopedia

#10 Co1Der

Co1Der

Member: 7052

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:33 PM

I'd like to say thank you to everyone replied in the topic, I'm very pleased that the MOC has impessed you.

Milan
Yes, I hav encountered a lot of difficulties during the building process, however I've tried to put as much efforts as I could.
I'm not sure I'm going to build more Mobile Cranes right now, I have plans to start a tow-truck in 1/22 scale and this is going to be a very interesting project - these vehicles have something in common.
I've seen your BS gallery - a very promising project, good luck in completing the crane.

BlakBird
Actually I don't think this is my first post here at EB - I've posted this Renault Magnum 1/22 truck MOC - thank you!
I'm very pleased with the offer - I'll make detailed photos when I'll decide to disassemle the crane. I'll let you know

#11 Mark Bellis

Mark Bellis

• PaB price investigator

Member: 910

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:19 PM

Nice one!
If creator sets were like that, I'd buy more of them!

How many hours did it take?

Mark
Mark J E Bellis - 8mm Scale LEGO Railways, Scenery and Technic. Visit My Brickshelf
Posted ImagePosted Image  Posted Image

#12 Erik Leppen

Erik Leppen

Member: 7347

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

As a mobile crane builder as well, I am quite impressed with this. It definately looks great and I was very surprised you managed to put so many motors in that small space. Also the cabin is very nicely done with tiles. Also the combination of yellow with dark gray works very well :)

I too would be very interested in what's inside :sweet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users