Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Here are the current confirmed upcoming and released Lego Marvel Superheroes themed sets, for 2017:

January Wave:

76071: Mighty Micros: Spider-Man vs Scorpion - $9.99

MM2017-5.jpg?201607010308

76072: Mighty Micros: Iron Man vs. Thanos - $9.99

MM2017-4.jpg?201607010307

76073: Mighty Micros: Wolverine vs. Magneto - $9.99

MM2017-6.jpg?201607010309

#76078: Hulk vs Red Hulk - $59.99

• 375 Pieces

lego_hulk_vs_red_hulkh_2016.jpg

#76076: Captain America Jet Pursuit - $19.99

• includes Captain America, Ms. Marvel, and Super Adaptoid 

76076-1.jpg?201611210834

#76077: Iron Man: Detroit Steel Strikes - $29.99

• Includes Detroit Steel (Justin Hammer), Iron Man, and Agent Coulson 

76077-1.jpg

#76079: Ravager Attack - $19.99

32233772162_4cf643bc0b_c.jpg
#76080: Ayesha's Revenge - $29.99

31541694034_62b5b4d1e7_c.jpg

#76081: The Milano vs. The Abilisk - $49.99

32233771542_5ce1cbbfc7_c.jpg

Later in 2017:

#76084: The Ultimate Battle for Asgard - $49.99

33905972643_444d0228df_c.jpg

#76088: Thor vs. Hulk: Arena Clash - $59.99

34584464121_1011c9ffec_c.jpg

Wow I love all of these thanos one is definitely my favorite. I love that iron man mask. Is the spider man new or reused from his original mighty micros set?

Holy...freaking...YES!!! I love that Thanos, that Magneto...that Iron Man, classic with helmet and all! That caorpion tail in a set 1/10 of the price? Wow, I'm game! (And I didn't buy any of this year's!)

Wow I love all of these thanos one is definitely my favorite. I love that iron man mask. Is the spider man new or reused from his original mighty micros set?

He actually looks...new, the face at least.

I just realized Thanos' car is the Inifinity Gauntlet! I love these so much!

I think the only difference is the head.

Just adding red legs to the Iron Man figure is a great classic comic Iron Man... the simplified design works superbly.

The Gauntletmobile is the best thing about them though :)

To be honest.. I don't really collect the Marvel stuff anymore but I'd probably pick that set up to have a classic comic IM and adding blue legs gives a great small fig Thanos... and I even get the black wavy hair thrown in!

Edited by Robianco

I want the X-Men one and the Iron Man one. Such great minifig designs, and so cheap! Also, who'd have thunk we'd get another X-Men set given the whole kerfuffle right now with that?

I might be crazy, but I actually kind of like these. Classic Iron Man is pretty cool, I love Magneto's magnet car and I actually might like this version of Scorpion better than the other one (I think having proper goggles helps the design, plus the lime and yellow coloring looks really good).

I might actually buy some of these.

Edited by strangely

Iron Man vs Thanos looks absolutely phenomenal. That Thanos car is insane, and I love that classic Tony!

I don't own any Mighty Micros yet but that set is a definite buy for me.

Wow!!

Iron Man vs Thanos: i expected them both in this series, but not with eachother. The Infinity Gauntletcar is awesome. Thanos as minifig, great! I needed the torso for a classic Iron Man, so thank you lego! Maybe the helmet is a bit too cartoony to be used as a 'serious' minifigure, but i'll find a way.

Logan vs Magneto: Didn't really expected them, but good to see them nevertheless. Magneto's racer is so funny. I think the head of magneto can be reused for a lot of stuff, even for a squinting symbiote spiderman.

Spidey vs Scorpion: The racers themselves aren't superb (the scorpi-mobile will look better with him on it for its scorpion tail though), but scorpion is greatly done. Spidey could have been done better though. A variant for instance. His black suit maybe. With a simpler torso print and the headprint they used for the sdcc one. This new spidey head is great for moviemakers i guess.

All in all a great step forward in the series that's called Mighty Micros imho.

It certainly does look like Onslaught with that head but the vehicle is a magnet.

If nothing else I can use the head for my custom Moon Knight.

Wow! I'm not as into Marvel as I am DC, but these are just as good as the new DC Mighty Micros!

The Spider-Man one isn't very interesting to me personally, but Iron Man vs Thanos and Wolverine vs Magneto are excellent. That Thanos-mobile. :thumbup:

As mentioned, the Magneto head makes the perfect budget-alternative to the SDCC 2013 Symbiote Spider-Man minifigure.

XMEN!?!?!?!?!? Please have more on the way, please have more on the way! Love the Ironman he looks exactly like the one from Super Hero Squad

Oops, accidentally posted my thoughts in the 2016 thread. Might as well copy-paste them here.

Very nice! The Wolverine and Magneto set is great all-around. The Iron Man and Thanos set is also great—I especially like the cartoony Iron Man helmet and Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet-mobile! The Spider Man and Scorpion set is less appealing. Like the Batman and Killer Moth set in the DC wave, it features a repeat character for Mighty Micros along with a minor villain who appeared in a regular set this year, but unlike that set neither vehicle is particularly impressive.

Iron Man and Thanos is the best one. I wonder what the new helmet means, though..

The Iron Man vs Thanos set and the Wolverine vs X-Men set is freaking awesome, definetly better than the first wave. The Spider man vs Scorpion set on the other hand...... not so much :hmpf_bad: .

Love those MM! I didn't think they can do better than DC 2017 MM, but here we go Marvel MM are better than DC! Love Iron Man vs Thanos the most, great Infinity Gauntlet car, micro Thanos and new Iron Man Helmet! Spiderman vs Scorpion is unexpected, but awesome, they even include small spider and scorpion, how cool is that?! And the most unusual and unexpected is Wolverines vs Magento(his head will be really useful)! I thought Lego wasn't allowed to make X-men sets, but here's a new X-men set!

Overall great wave, much better than original, hope 2018 will be even better!

Wow, these MM are so good. Can't wait for SDCC - hope they will reveal some info of new GotG 2 sets or even about Spider Man: Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok!