Sign in to follow this  
The Sarge

[OL - CH2B] Storming the Fort

26046087012_d3e3da1e3d.jpgStorming the Fort

So all this started over a hat. Poseidon had guided our expedition to this tiny island, where we encountered the natives. We found they were able to speak a smattering of our language, learnt from traders passing through. Everything was going well until Private Gaulle decided to try on a hat that he found. Turns out it was holy to them, and putting it on "desecrated" it. Well, this morning they snuck into camp and killed Gaulle. We pursued them to... this. The stonework is old, maybe older than the tribe, but the palisade looks fresh. Yeah, they built that in a night, with stone axes no less.

25865703910_a0370b4310.jpgStorming the Fort

Even their women picked up arms to repel us. Due to the walls, we had to storm across the clearing and take the fort at close quarters. Cpl Gribeauval shot one of them just as the savage loosed an arrow into Pvt Vallière.

25533793794_d83e9bdd58.jpgOuch!

26112631646_889c8af6a2.jpgBreaching the Wall

Our attached engineers breached the wall, and we routed the natives with no further casualties on our side. I can't help but think what a waste this was father, loosing two good men over a hat.

Lieutenant Jean-Luc Sarrazin

Nice build, the stone ruins are excellent, and the palisade and landscaping are great as well! pirate_wink.gif Cool technique to make those muskets firing, and although I'd usually object to the sharp shadows, but they do look pretty appropriate for this scene! An overview picture without any cut edges would help a lot though! pirate_classic.gif

And of course that all is awfully violent over just a hat! pirate_laugh2.gif

Another great challenge 2B entry! Great foliage (I do appreciate the green stuff!), and the stone work on the fort looks great and I think captures the feel of a crude native fortification well. The action is also well done and the poses are excellent. All round great entry!

Oh, and it's refreshing to see this time that the Oleaders didn't start it!! pirate_tong.gif

Nice build, the stone ruins are excellent, and the palisade and landscaping are great as well! pirate_wink.gif Cool technique to make those muskets firing, and although I'd usually object to the sharp shadows, but they do look pretty appropriate for this scene! An overview picture without any cut edges would help a lot though! pirate_classic.gif

And of course that all is awfully violent over just a hat! pirate_laugh2.gif

Thanks! I had the opportunity to use some natural sunshine in a clear sky today for photos - very rare in March here! I'm glad it worked out ok, I was a little worried about the shadows. I'll see what I can do about an overview during my next photo session.

Another great challenge 2B entry! Great foliage (I do appreciate the green stuff!), and the stone work on the fort looks great and I think captures the feel of a crude native fortification well. The action is also well done and the poses are excellent. All round great entry!

Oh, and it's refreshing to see this time that the Oleaders didn't start it!! pirate_tong.gif

Thanks! I had fun setting up the poses - the bowman with the nocked arrow has a little piece of flex tube inside his hand, slit along the face to grab the feathers. That took me a good 20 minutes to manipulate into place.

And of course we didn't start it! Don't believe that other propaganda, we're not savages. :grin:

Lovely build, full of action and drama. The walls, the foliage and the figures are all done beautifully.

In fact the Olies clearly did start it, seems they'll steal anything from anyone.

A nice build! Ruins and wooden fence is very very nice. And so is the thick foliage! I am torn though about the amount of lighting in the photos though. It isnt necessarily bad but it feels strange :-)

Great vegetation, and I like the image of the shooting musket

Thank you!

...I am torn though about the amount of lighting in the photos though. It isnt necessarily bad but it feels strange :-)

It's natural sunlight, but there weren't any clouds out to cut the harshness down, which I think made it a little bright.

Wow, this is stunning, especially the minifig depiction, and more especially the archer on the right!! The guy hit in the neck while he fires a shot in agony... brilliant!

It's violent, yet pacifistic, makes you wonder 'bout the absurd reasons for wars.

Loving this entry thumbup.gif

Thank you! We actually had a (thankfully bloodless) war over a pig here near me, so fighting over a hat wasn't very far fetched! The red flowers I took inspiration for from the poppies legend - that they grow where blood is spilt.

Neat entry. I like the ruins in the jungle, and the palisade looks nice. The action is great too. The use of strong sunlight gives it a mid-day look, but is almost too much in some of the pics. But it's a fine build just the same.