Hi !

I am not only an AFOL, I am also a big fan of Valerian and Laureline.

I have all their comics. They were sources of inspiration for the Star Wars saga and the 5th element.

In this comic, I love the spatiotemporal vessel, the XB982, also called Tempus Fugit in the animated series.

So I could not resist trying to replicate this ship at the LEGO Minifig scale. In comics, it undergoes multiple changes over the albums,

and this achievement is therefore a pure interpretation on my part.

24650674943_c7be0bcc6b_c_d.jpg

24909789239_b09acd9700_c_d.jpg

24646824204_c8a35391f9_c_d.jpg

At the landing, the XB982 deploys 4 feet and Valerian and Laureline down through the hatch in the cabin.

25277453645_c1a0e99b73_c_d.jpg

The interior of the vessel is accessed by opening the upper parts :

25184303611_9ab827e477_c_d.jpg

The interior is made up of 6 modules, connected by Y-shaped corridors :

- the cockpit at the front

- the space-time engine in the rear

and sides:

- a dining room

- a medical center

- a bedroom

- a room with a shower

24646822744_82aa0ecbb8_c_d.jpg

24650674743_43e8c304ea_z_d.jpg

Hope you enjoy it! And optionally you can support it on

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/133328 :wink:

Woah woah woah that is an incredible design not just in lego but in general. Gives me a War of the Worlds (the excellent 1950's movie) meets Art Deco with the slightest tinge of the original Battlestar. I love this a lot especially how there are actually functioning rooms and corridors.

I can't give enough praise! A job well done! :thumbup::classic::thumbup:

A Valerian and Laureline MOC! I never thought I'd see the day! This is an excellent representation of the Astroship. Francophone sci-fi comics are the stuff (and Francophone comics in general- looking at you, Tintin!). Are you familiar with Yoko Tsuno?

A Valerian and Laureline MOC! I never thought I'd see the day! This is an excellent representation of the Astroship. Francophone sci-fi comics are the stuff (and Francophone comics in general- looking at you, Tintin!). Are you familiar with Yoko Tsuno?

I know Yoko Tsuno, but I am not familiar with.

Really impressuve!!! I'm a fan of this comic from the first hour. I tryed many time to reproduce the ship without succes. You just won my support on Ideas ;)

By the way, if the project doesn't succeed, will you provide the digital instructions of this moc?

Really impressuve!!! I'm a fan of this comic from the first hour. I tryed many time to reproduce the ship without succes. You just won my support on Ideas ;)

By the way, if the project doesn't succeed, will you provide the digital instructions of this moc?

Yes, I will wait one month (just for suspense) and I'll put the LDD file on this topic.

As a fan of the series, I love what you've done with this model and I'm supporting it on IDEAS. I'm just a little concerned that it may be too big for an IDEAS project, which would be such a shame :(

houaaaaaaa comment il est top méga cool !!!!! excellente représentation du vaisseau. Etant fan aussi je ne peux que être enthousiaste avec un beau moc comme ça !!!

So wicked !!!! being a fan also, I'm very enthusiast when I see MOC this quality !!!

I know Yoko Tsuno, but I am not familiar with.

Yoko Tsuno's a bit like Valerian and Laureline. If anything, it's at least got a semi-similar visual style:

https://weshallbeher...inery-1/vol3-d/

https://weshallbeher...inery-1/vol5-c/

http://ecx.images-am...04,203,200_.jpg

http://www.writeups....tte_Vinea_h.jpg

A lot of cool potential there, MOC builders!

Edited by Junior Shark

As a fan of the series, I love what you've done with this model and I'm supporting it on IDEAS. I'm just a little concerned that it may be too big for an IDEAS project, which would be such a shame :(

I confirm it's too big :-( but may be it is possible to make a smaller model on the same architecture. I am thinking about that ...

I didn't know these comics before (shame on me) but I can tell what is an awesome space ship. And this one is wonderful. I can understand why you like it. The shape is bulky but elegant. Excellent job on the round shape. And interior too! That's amazing.

Hello everyone and hello SDS, this is my first post on Eurobricks! Just discovered this spaceship, which is absolutely gorgeous, congrats! I am a big fan of the comics, and of Lego as well.

Now that the comic is about to be adapted as a movie by Luc Besson (released this summer), isn't it the right time to submit again this design to Lego IDEAs?

I'm sure it would quickly gather a lot of votes, as new generations will discover the comic at the movies this year...

I would vote and buy one for sure!

All the best!!!