Rick

Expand the Winter Village Contest VI

winter_village_6_poster.jpg

Days are getting shorter, leaves are starting to fall... the Holiday Season is approaching and that means it is time for an annual tradition in the Town forum. With TLG seemingly out of ideas on how to further expand the Winter Village, it's entirely up to you. So show us what creation you would add to the Winter Village and let's give TLG plenty of ideas for the Winter Village series for years to come!

The Rules

• Entries must be posted by midnight GMT, December 31st, 2015.
  • One entry per member.
  • Entries must be similar in size to an official release LEGO Winter Village set.
  • Entries should be either Town-themed or Friends-themed and may include either (or both) Minifigs and Minidolls.
  • Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously) and be similar in style to the previous official TLG releases.
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
  • Entries are to be placed in their own entry topic in the Town forum. The title of the topic should begin with "Winter Village: " and then give the name of the entry.
  • The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • Entries are to consist of no more than 5 posted pictures of 1024x768 pixels or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size. The first picture will be used for your entry in the voting thread.
  • Photos of your creation can be manipulated with Photoshop for levels, proportions and color correction but may not include graphic enhancements.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.

The Prizes

23341535970_1708d4ddbe_b.jpg

First Prize:

Either 10247 Ferris Wheel or 10251 Brick Bank or 41101 Heartlake Grand Hotel

Second Prize:

One of the two sets that is not chosen for First Prize, of the three sets above.

Third Prize:

Whichever set is not chosen for First Prize and Second Prize, of the three sets above.

For Inspiration and Reference

Expand the Winter Village Contest V: Winners | Entries and Voting | Rules and Discussion

Expand the Winter Village Contest IV: Winners | Entries and Voting | Rules and Discussion

Expand the Winter Village Contest III: Winners | Entries and Voting | Rules and Discussion

Expand the Winter Village Contest II: Winners | Entries and Voting | Rules and Discussion

Expand the Winter Village Contest: Winners | Entries and Voting | Rules and Discussion

Best of luck everyone, we're looking forward to seeing your entries!

Woo! I've been waiting for this all week!

So no theme this year? Perfect! I've got an idea in mind already!

EDIT: At first I thought you guys were gonna do a 'since LEGO did it, remake one of the old Winter Village sets your own way!' thing. Thank goodness.

Edited by CM4Sci

Judging by the reaction to the "new" toy shop, I'm guessing building the Winter Village Bakery with a few recolored pieces and entering it as a new creation would be frowned upon? :wink:

May my entry be my Snow Fort?

If it's a new creation and fits the rest of the rules, I don't see why not.

So no theme this year?)

Really nice! Can I add some sort of small story in my entery?)

When the "new" (revisited) Toy Shop came out, someone (I forgot who) suggested making a new WV model using just the parts in that set. I can't do it, but I'll bet someone can make a fantastic MOC using just those parts (that is not a Toy Shop) and is obviously something else.

Would that be a legal entry?

Andy D

Really nice! Can I add some sort of small story in my entery?)

Sure, I don't see why not.

Would that be a legal entry?

Of course. Although one would run the risk it stays too close to the Winter Toy Shop because of the colour scheme and minifigs.

One of the reasons for no specific theme this year is that TLG re–hashed an old design so people must be itching to build what they would've like to have seen. The theme is "the sky is the limit".

Sounds like a great opportunity for those who voiced to their disappointments to show LEGO how it's done. :classic:

I love this contest every year. I haven't won yet and I don't plan on winning this year, but I do enjoy building Winter Village themed sets.

I best get to planning.

Love the banner for the contest :wub:

I'm sure there will be wonderful creations, as usual

Oh, just one more question.

Entries must be similar in size to an official release LEGO Winter Village set.

What is an official release size? It's pretty hard to count)

Edited by -Zond-

Oh, just one more question.

What is an official release size? It's pretty hard to count)

The Largest set to date was the Cottage and the piece count was 1454 - I would suggest 1500 be the limit you work towards. Anything too much larger, surely just negates the criteria altogether?

Ok, thank's a lot, got it)

I just thought that my entry must be similar in length or width, not in piece count)

Yay! The WV contest is back!

[*]Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.

I have a question concerning this rule: is cutting official decals allowed? In a way, it is like making a custom decal, but it is also modifying parts.

I am asking because I am planning a build that will use the wood-looking stickers from the Hobbit sets, but I will need shorter lengths than the stickers come in.

Thanks!

I have a question concerning this rule: is cutting official decals allowed? In a way, it is like making a custom decal, but it is also modifying parts.

I don't think sticker sheets are considered "parts" in this sense. So, yes, you can make your own decals, even if they're made from original LEGO stickers.

Will be entering this contest this year haven't in the past!

Good luck to all! (And to all a good night. is that too early?)

-RailCo

A little worried my entry this year might be too big. Is potential multiple sections of building, multiple detached inside models, and outside too much? I have a feeling it'll be bigger )in length) than an actual Winter Village set.

A little worried my entry this year might be too big. Is potential multiple sections of building, multiple detached inside models, and outside too much? I have a feeling it'll be bigger )in length) than an actual Winter Village set.

There's no real way to tell without pictures, but I don't think it should be too hard for you to benchmark it against the Winter Village sets released so far.