Disco86

MEC Category C: Entering Mirkwood

This my entry to the "There and back again" category. The build itself is actually pretty sturdy, even if it does not look like it is. Using a lot of dark brown robotic arms to fix the foliage, makes them connect so strong you can actually shake the whole vignette, wihtout loosing any parts. I have placed black bricks in the background to create this creepy feeling.

The scene shows the chapter when the party reached Mirkwood and Gandalf is telling Bilbo, that he has to leave. Bilbo and the dwarves have to face the menaces of Mirkwood on their own. Even if it is also in the book, I prefered to add the dialoque from the movie, because I really like it.

15386006327_f1f3eda35b_b.jpg

15404204318_df4b7b608b_o.jpgYou've changed Bilbo Baggins. You are not the same Hobbit as the one who left the Shire.

15404708030_5e12f0ccd5_o.jpgI was going to tell you ... I ... found something in the Goblin tunnels...

15404204318_df4b7b608b_o.jpgFound what ? What did you find ?

15404708030_5e12f0ccd5_o.jpg... [hesitating] ... My courage !

15404204318_df4b7b608b_o.jpgGood. Well that's good. You'll need it.

Thanks for hosting this great contest, I love everything from Middleearth. And good luck to the other contestants !

Edited by Disco86

Very nice! I like the switched 1x1 plates. It gives the set more natural and random look. And the trees are amazing!

Edited by Mr. Cube

Love the use of robot arms, think ill mix that into my technic connector and barrels technique. Nice moc, colours are great. Oh and well done for getting blogged on brothers brick.

Really nice entry for category C and congratulations for getting blogged on TBB. :sweet:

This is truly a nice entry but is the conversation from the book or from the second movie, I don't remember it although I have re-read the book just a week ago.

Thanks a ton for your enormous positive feedback on that one ! Never thought a vignette vould ever get that much attention. :blush:

NOOOOO! why must you raise the bar so high!!!

Sorry, i tried to do worse, but I failed :laugh:

Love the use of robot arms, think ill mix that into my technic connector and barrels technique.

Definitly a technique that I would recommend. It is sturdy and looks really organic.

This is truly a nice entry but is the conversation from the book or from the second movie, I don't remember it although I have re-read the book just a week ago.

The part is really short in the book, so I added the dialogue from the movie. In my opinion the conversation is one of the best in the movie, even if there is one better diealogue, maybe I can build another entry to show that.

Great stuff Paul - looks quite Lovecraftian.

Comparing me with the master of creepyness, thanks :blush:

Outstanding build, Disco86!

I love the use of those dark tan tenacle pieces. They help give the woods a very eerie creepy feeling, capturing the astmosphere of Mirkwood well.

Superb recreation of Mirkwood, especially for such a small build :thumbup: Everything being so twisted together works really well :classic:

Thanks a ton for your comments, I am glad you like that Vignette :sweet:

Also good to see that with a lot of new entires we are getting a tough compeition in this category !

There is not much more I can add to these praises.

It's awesome, Well done!

Really sensational that this little vignette gained so much postive feedback, thanks for all this !

And special thanks to everyone who voted in the contest and made my victory possible :blush: