Sign in to follow this  
bjboyle

10182 Cafe Corner @ David Jones

Hello

While out shopping today at David Jones in the Bourke Street Mall, Melbourne I found half a dozen sets for sale, $AUD249.95. I thought this was a S@H exclusive. Is this set available in normal stores anywhere else? It was an unexpected surprise that almost had me reaching for my wallet.

Bryan

I wasn't aware that it was coming to David Jones, but this kind of thing does happen a lot. For example Toys'r'Us are getting the 10174 UCS AT-ST this year, and in the past ToyWorld have had the Death Star, and K-Mart has had Cloud City and the UCS X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Snowspeeder... If I was there I'd consider buying it too.

I hear DJ's has Market St too. Did you see any of them there?

Well that I find more annoying! Cafe Corner is too expensive for an impulse buy, but Market Street would be awful tempting. Shame I'm in Hobart! :-|

Well that I find more annoying! Cafe Corner is too expensive for an impulse buy, but Market Street would be awful tempting. Shame I'm in Hobart! :-|

Apparently DJs have exclusive rights to Belville in Australia, and apparently the 10144 Sandcrawler is an exclusive to a store in Australia from September, but I don't know which. Given it's price I'd have to guess DJ's or possibly Myer, not a lot of people buying $300 sets at K-Mart or Target I suspect.

I hear DJ's has Market St too. Did you see any of them there?

I didn't see any Market Street sets unfortunately. I might wander over to Chadstone for a look.

Apparently DJs have exclusive rights to Belville in Australia,

I guessed this, and I find it annoying. >:-(

and apparently the 10144 Sandcrawler is an exclusive to a store in Australia from September, but I don't know which. Given it's price I'd have to guess DJ's or possibly Myer, not a lot of people buying $300 sets at K-Mart or Target I suspect.

I hope for Myer, but it has been available here for several months...

Sign in to follow this