Sign in to follow this  
Blakstone

Middle-Earth Madness - Mordor Battle Pack vs Amon-Hen [Week 7]

This is seveth week of Middle-Earth Madness. The Modor Battle Pack is victorious.

If you had to pick only one Dream set, which would it be?

Mordor Battle Pack

OR

Amon-Hen

Just like last week, these are dream sets so there is no hard or fast rule on what has to be included in either. Imagine you had a chance to greenlight just one LEGO Lord of the Rings set based on a simple description. Which one would you want?

Summary from previous week(s):

Week 6 - Modor Battle Pack defeats Lothlórien 24 to 14

Week 5 - Lothlórien defeats Prancing Pony 23 to 13

Week 4 - Lothlórien crashes Mount Doom 35 to 5

Week 3 - Mount Doom defeats the Rohan Battle Pack 14 to 11

Week 2 - Rohan Battle Pack defeats the Watcher in the Water 14 to 7

Week 1 - Rohan Battle Pack defeats The Green Dragon 23 to 4.

Have a Dream Set to nominate? Do so in this thread. I still have a bunch of sets to go.

[Moderators, can you convert this thread into a poll please?]

Amon Hen is great, but the last thing I need is more fellowship and Uruk-Hai.

Mordor BP for me.

Edited by SirBlake

Well, Amon Hen is one of my all time favorite locations/scenes from LOTR. It's so epic, yet emotional, a really beautiful scene. But as much as I love it, it would just be a repeat of characters, whereas with a Mordor battle pack we could get new armored/helmed orcs, with new torso and facial printing. Plus we have no real good way to build our Orc armies, and large Orc armies are one of the main parts of LOTR. So Mordor Battle Pack.

Amon Hen might have a nice build, but the minifigure selection would be mostly rehashes from previous waves. It would be more Uruk-hai or Fellowship members we already have seen. They might do Lurtz in armor or a new Uruk-hai helm, but this doesn't offer the same appeal as a totoally new Mordor Orc print with new armor. So for me it's Mordor Orc Battle Pack again this week.

Well, it all depends on the content in the sets. If Amon Hen would come with a new Lurtz and a special bow-mold, new Uruk-scouts helmets versus a Mordor Battle pack with the old one-sided face orcs, I would go for the first.

But if both sets would get new printing/molds I would say Mordor Battle Pack.

Mordor pack with old orc prints? Never... AMON HEN with new Lurtz in armour and a new heairpiece mold, Boromir with his horn and some more Uruks like Uruk hai scout... :)Yep definitelly AMON HEN with PALANTIR TOWER!!! :)

Mordor battle pack

...i'm still waiting for "Gondor battle pack", i think nothing will win against this set :)

Edited by Hepitos

Blazej_Holen: Why "old orc prints". I voted for Mordor battle-pack with new prints :)

Seriously doubt that TLG will sow us a different mordor orc print torso. Battle packs usually contains 5 minifigs, so there will be what? 5 regular orcs? 2 with hairpiece and 3 bald? Or one of them with uruk hai helmet? :)

And if we get a new orc with third wave, I think that TLG will reuse the prints from TABA wave if there will be some :)

Btw Rohan x Uruk hai subtheme is not finished yet. There are main characters still missing (out of topic) and we seriously need some Rohan riders instead of Eomer, and some more rohan villagers/rag tag army. Helms deep and Orthanc - they are good sets but it not covers all the things we ( or I ) need :)

Mordor Battle Pack, Amon Hen does not have much to offer which we already have...

Seriously doubt that TLG will sow us a different mordor orc print torso. Battle packs usually contains 5 minifigs, so there will be what? 5 regular orcs? 2 with hairpiece and 3 bald? Or one of them with uruk hai helmet? :)

And if we get a new orc with third wave, I think that TLG will reuse the prints from TABA wave if there will be some :)

Btw Rohan x Uruk hai subtheme is not finished yet. There are main characters still missing (out of topic) and we seriously need some Rohan riders instead of Eomer, and some more rohan villagers/rag tag army. Helms deep and Orthanc - they are good sets but it not covers all the things we ( or I ) need :)

You are looking at it from a best/worst case scenario though. I seriously doubt Lego would give us new Uruk-hai Scout helmets and Lurtz hair but not give us a new Mordor Orc print with armor/helm. When I look at these set threads I try to picture it as a best case scenario for each set, while still being something Lego would realistically do for each. Obviously Lego isn't going to give us Sauron, Gothmog, the Witch King on Fel Beast, and 4 totally new printed Mordor Orcs in full armor for $20. If you like the idea of Amon Hen more that is fine, but don't be bias about it. If Lego would give us new Lurtz hair and scout helmets they would surely give us new stuff in the Mordor Battle Pack.

Also, what does Rohan have ANYTHING to do with this weeks match up...?

Sorry it was out of topic.

No of course I didnt expect that there will be some new uruks molds, but the hair is quite realistitc expectation - Lurtz could be the same, he wil l wear breast plate only and maybe a composite bow. That bow can be used in other sets, like castle etc. Scouts are good idea but I get it - its not realistic at all :)

So to be on the ground - amon hen with Lurtz (new hair) with bow and breastplate, Aragorn, cape, cloak, sword, Frodo with sting, 2 Uruks with printed hand on helmets and shields. Small structure with palantir tower... Nice army building set if it takes 29.99 :)