Sign in to follow this  
Commander Beltar

[Thrawn] Insurrection on Sullust

(Think I am done editing it.)

On the edge of the Mid-Rim, one of the Empire’s top refineries and manufacturing planets have been experiencing trouble from Rebel Insurgents. With Imperial High Command growing tired of the insurrection and have dispatched Grand Admiral Thrawn to deal with the troublemakers. Grand Admiral Thrawn has received the file to a Sullustan coordinating the attacks, Deb Niumn. Thrawn had also requested that any major pieces of Artwork from his home should be transported to his command ship immediately. Having believed he has found the answer, he has called the commanders of the garrison stationed on Sullust together.

35308232526_5233a8bfee_b.jpg

Imperial Commander: Excuse me, Grand Admiral? What is this.

Thrawn: Ah, Commander, this is a sculpture of a sector on Sullust. It was ripped out of Niumn’s wall. Most of his other belongings speak of his life and job, however this speaks of motivation. Because it resembles a geographical area, I presume where his original homestead use to be, as the wall this was taken from was actually placed into his recent home. And according to scans of the planet, this is where one of our newer refinery facilities is located.

Imperial Commander: Very well then, I won’t question where you get your ideas from, but where does this leave us? I’ve heard rumors of a major attack coming soon. Deb’s attacks have started on the outskirts of our facilities with smaller strikes, but he has been making his way closer to the major locations, and he has been stepping up his attacks.

Thrawn: Yes, I am well aware of this. I know his method of choice is- gas yes? As he was an explosive miner who preferred Tibanna..

Imperial Officer: Yes Grand Admiral, he utilizes Tibanna mainly.

Thrawn: Ah yes, Tibanna. Highly unstable. Even for a Sullustan to breath... His previous attacks have a certain, ‘style’. He distributes the Tibanna  before igniting it near the exit. Now here is what you will do and why if you want to stop him.

Imperial Commander: I’m listening Admiral.

Thrawn: Based on previous attacks, he will take a small team with him. I would like the majority of your troops to be unaware of the impending attack. It would give us an advantage, less possibilities of Niumn hearing of this plan. Please dispatch your top Unit to the central Dispersion Channel along the facilities core pipeline. Make sure that that Channel is turned off, obviously. I believe that Deb will be using the maintenance platform near the south east to gain entrance to Ventilation Center, as it is located very close to that location and would be the most efficient way to distribute the Tibanna. Now, once we are fully aware that they are indeed within range of the Ventilation Center, lock down the entire lower deck, including the air shafts, which would stop them from even attempting to continuing their operation. Then send your squad in. Prisoners or not, is up to you.

Imperial Commander: Very well Grand Admiral, I will execute your plan to the best of my ability. However I must ask, how do you know this will be his strategy?

Thrawn: Commander, it’s quite logical. The map that we see here, as I mentioned before, is where our new facilities are. This spot in white is actually marking a natural cave system, after reading some of Niumn’s notes, he had spent much of his childhood near those caves. And when we moved into the system, our new facility utilized those caves rather than mining new areas, meaning the entrance that he will use, he has been there before.

Imperial Commander: Very well. I will inform my choice Unit.

=== Later ===

Now it is believed that the Sullustan's attack is coming, Thrawn and the Imperial Forces spring the trap. Due to the nature of keeping as many troops out of the loop as possible, there was a small troop crowd gathering near the Maintenance Platform after hearing the heavy Tibanna canisters being lugged around below them.

34504611314_2834b1a830_b.jpg

Niumn: (Translated) Hurry my friends, we must move quickly. I worry the Imperials will hear. It is only a few more corridors down this way.

Sullustan: (Translated) Make sure your masks are on too, friends. Let's go.

Thrawn (Via Comm): You may now spring the trap commander.

Imperial Commander: I see. Trigger the full lockdown on the lower levels. Now, Unit 1702, move in.

*Alarm* *Alarm*

Niumn: (Translated) What? Impossible! There was no way that they knew were were coming this way!

Sullustan: (Translated) No! We must- the door and even the other vents are sealed!

*Over Intercom* Imperial Officer: You are under arrest by the Empire.  Attempt no resistance. You're attacks are at an end.

Minutes Later:

Thrawn: There you have it commander. Now I must return to the front on Lothal, there is quite a more troublesome group of rebels to be dealt with over there.

Imperial Commander: Thank you Grand Admiral. Good luck out there.

--====--====--

Report: Mission Completed. Thanks to Grand Admiral Thrawn, the rebel insurgents were dealt with quickly before the new Refinery could be destroyed.

^ woo! Thanks Lucas. Actually spoilers not working for me had been since EB updated months ago. The reason I guess it didn't work was because I always type up my major posts (like this one) in advance on Word before posting. Before the update I could just type {spoiler} {/spoiler} with brackets of course, on Word. apparently now I can't do that, but at least it works now!

And that concludes this build, I probably wrote way too much compared to my photos, but oh well, hopefully I captured Thrawn well, I think I did. Maybe we will be able to get to 10 entries on this contest? I don’t think I’ll win, but might as well help out since this is a quick whip up, oh right, let me attach the file to this build. I believe all the parts are available in the colors (Well the prints, technically they are available if you remove the prints… but hopefully that isn’t enough to disqualify it, if it is, please tell me!) Also the program says there’s a few parts that don’t exist, most of them are minifig parts since Stud.io has way less minifig parts compared to LDD (Since I imported it) also there may be some parts that have that triangle next to them, but I tried to replace most of them. All of them seem to be plausible, the problem was that some of the parts were have the proper equivalents, just when I imported it says that they don’t exist, but they did in LDD so yeah.

~Beltar

I will attach it below soon: 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tc7pqhlgzf0ctxp/FinalThrawnContestEntry.io

It was too big to directly attack, so it's on mediafire, hopefully it works. Also it's a .io because I've decided to try to use Stud.io as often as I can as I prefer it over LDD a bit.

Edited by Commander Beltar
I think I am done,

I really like that second build - it has a cool underground vibe with the rock walls and tunnel!!