ER0L

MOC: Faun 8x8 Crash Tender (ARFF/FLF)

14280748648_5e4cb650cc_c.jpg

Hi all,

this is my second take on this iconic truck of the seventies, see http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=60500 Because of the Jumbo Jets larger and more powerful Crash Tenders were needed also on European airports. One of the monsters of that time is this 8x8 ARFF, built on a Faun base with coachwork and firefighting equipment by Metz, propelled by a tank motor with 1.000 HP.

The truck is very known in Germany because of the famous die-cast model by SIKU, which was owned by many German boys.

The original model has been overworked several times, but as a 10w vehicle it was much too wide for the actual purposes. And since airport stuff becomes more important with the LCS and moving planes on an airfield it was the right time to rebuild the Faun.

Some specs:

8w, equipped with a 9 Volt Light & Sound battery box and three flashing blue lights. Fits two whole firefigs with helmets. 100% Lego.

Another perspective:

14278214709_0df5421303_c.jpg

The 9 Volt battery box can be taken off to change the battery:

14442301906_56b8ebc21b_c.jpg

First pic is courtesy of Martin Bopp, whom I owe a big thank. Thanks for looking!

So perfect 'ER0L'......one of the best fire trucks I have seen......raise the bar dude for us all.......Brick On 'ER0L' ! :grin:

I first saw this on my phone, but had to wait until I could get to the laptop to check the images out in full size. I agree with LT this is one of the most impressive fire trucks out there.

The SNOT number, the wheel arches, the greebling on the roof, the detailling on the water cannon, the ladder behind the cab......it's all exceptionally well done.... WOW!

So perfect 'ER0L'......one of the best fire trucks I have seen......raise the bar dude for us all.......Brick On 'ER0L' ! :grin:

Many thanks LT, means a lot to me.

I first saw this on my phone, but had to wait until I could get to the laptop to check the images out in full size. I agree with LT this is one of the most impressive fire trucks out there.

The SNOT number, the wheel arches, the greebling on the roof, the detailling on the water cannon, the ladder behind the cab......it's all exceptionally well done.... WOW!

Many thanks for your kind words, glad you like it! When you're used to squeezing minifigs in much smaller rides, building an 8w truck is quite the SNOT paradise, that's why I had a lot of fun with this one.

That's a really nice build. It looks perfect.

You really went all out with all those building techniques. Very clever

Thank you very much. Sometimes it's nice to omit all those functions and to just build something without making compromises.

Thats really nice! Even so detailed

Many thanks, glad you like it!

I'd like to add one of my somewhat less than perfect vids - you get the idea, I guess:

Wow, that's ridiculously good, especially in the first photo. All the fine colours and textures are just amazing.

Wow, that's ridiculously good, especially in the first photo. All the fine colours and textures are just amazing.

Many thanks, glad you like it!

And a last pic (courtesy of Martin Bopp) that shows the two firefighting machines from Brickwick International Airport together:

14503636325_629a909b0b_c.jpg

Thanks a lot all for commenting and viewing. I guess the airport project is a nice thing and there'll probably be some more related MOCs in the future.