Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire

[SoNE Ep. IV] Sector E- Nowhere to Run

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Trooper TX-2975 to Command, do you read? Do you read?

I'm in a pretty tight situation, Sir- we managed to take the weapons storage bay with only one loss and we captured three Rebels. Unfortunately we were ambushed from behind by a larger force. We retreated into the nearby corridors. They used an astromech droid equipped with a laser beam to cut through the walls to get to us more quickly. Now it's only me left. Everyone else is dead or a prisoner. I'm trapped in a tiny weapons room with no escape route and they're closing in. Request for reinforcements, Sir. TX-2975 out.

7d8d7558-8702-47a3-a6c1-eac55c05f862_zps13be73e8.jpg

0f521354-6bc6-4899-b93a-33ca495f16fb_zpse3281f4a.jpg

9d415ffc-824d-4350-8d93-9a27db68e781_zps52f21bf3.jpg

fcf6f6c9-a4fc-473d-aabc-398a6f8f59c4_zpsdea972b9.jpg

51aacdb2-ca06-4c44-aa8d-457b8c100a96_zps548378fc.jpg

You posted your entry a little late, but since we didn't announce the end of the contest, and if there are no complains, we'll accept it :wink:

I was worried that I'd miss the end of the contest; I had no idea when it ended.

[...] I'm trapped in a tiny weapons room with no escape route and they're closing in. Request for reinforcements, Sir. TX-2975 out.

Hang in there, trooper - help is on the way! At least you wont run out of ammo in there.

---

I like the astromech with the laser beam - that's a cool technique.

Once we have finished clearing out the prison block TK4242s squad will be on their way to assist, hang on.

Nice little build :) The astromech with the laser cutter is a cool addition! If i had to change anything it would be to add a row or two of bricks to the walls, just to emphasise the tight quarters you find yourself in! But apart from that , well done!

Come in trooper... I won't be able to help you out of there, but at least I can provide some comments on the build...

For starters, I like the way you made the armory. All those blasters are neatly arranged so that they're easily accesible Well done! But in contrast to that, some parts are pretty messy. I can live with the studs on the floor, but those studded tiles on the ceiling are a bit out of pkace to me. Speaking of the floor: maybe you can't tile it while, but you could try to just tile the borders, or grill them. You could accentuate the door more, for instance. You already tried that with the darker grey, but due to the nearby presence of that color, and due to the fact that it's a pretty dark picture, it doesn't really stand out. In fact, it's a little bit hard to distinguish that door. Some slope pieces could accentuate it more. You already used some at the base of the wall, so you're definetly on the right way. And it would be nice if there was some kind of control panel or if that door was a bit wider. Because now, it looks hard to fit through...

Still, it's pretty nice, and you've took a lot of steps in the right direction. Those slope pieces, those tiles... now it only needs some more detail, even if it's suposed to be a simple armory. Then you're stand would be that more epic, and your fallen friends would be honored even more. Glad you're still alie though.

Hopefully we will drive those Rebel scum out of Sullust before I go down- if all looks lost for us I might surrender and then escape once their backs are turned. I will live to fight another day.

Thanks for all the comments and criticism - BEAVeR, I don't have any more tiles :blush: (Plus, the door is meant to be forced perspective but I didn't do that good of a job on it)