Sign in to follow this  
droomangroup

Minifig Scale VW Syncro Westfalia Camper MOC

hey all,

i'm new to eurobricks, but after recently getting into a house with lots of space (after 5 years of traveling and living in an RV) i have finally set up a lego area and have started to go nuts with doing MOCs. my first one is this late 80's Syncro VW Westy (vw vans is my other passion :).

i thought i'd share and get some feedback from you guys. i've revised it a bunch of different times, but i'm open to feedback or suggestions. of course it's all lego, but i did do one odd thing. the tires are the 24x12 ballon tires stretch to fit on the 14's. i just felt the 12 rims were too small and out of scale, but i liked the tires. i've looked in LDD extended and can't find any offroad tires for those rims, does anyone know of any?

anyway, enjoy...

fGQfcEx.jpg

yzzkRxM.jpg

kmgPxLr.jpg

GstwCIN.jpg

KShf2kq.jpg

interior...

qbxFtdl.jpg

white version...

J8lPKhA.jpg

P1COGvv.jpg

on this one i included a jerry can...

T3pkYsV.jpg

AP1eaiJ.jpg

cHgBD5u.jpg

cheers!

drew

Excellent minifig scale camper van 'droomangroup'.............it looks very late 80's - Brick On 'droomangroup' ! :grin:

thx guys, yeah i'm happy with the interior as well. i knew i couldn't cram a full westy kit in there, but wanted to make something of the camper so there would be something to see inside.

i just realized the white one is missing 1x1 plates on the back bumper to fill in the fender gap...oh well. shows how good i am at following directions (even when they are mine)

Well done, 'droomangroup'! It's instantly recognizable and packed with detail, a great MOC. As for the off-road tires for these wheels - there aren't any. As I understand, they are so sporty exactly because the classic wheels are quite "off-roady" and look rather silly on regular cars

Edited by imvanya