Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[SoNE IV] Section D - A Hot Bath

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Goatman461 entry for SoNE IV: Section D - Docking Bay (Empire)

On the sulfuric surface of Sullust, attempts to dislodge the AT-ST guarding the Southern quadrant docking bay door have failed. An unlucky X-Wing melts into the mountainside while the pilot counts his last breaths inside.

13679930123_8d9ceb4d2d_c.jpg

13718424533_44f454ac37_z.jpg13762010543_f78252a739_n.jpg *as mounted

Deep in the mountain, Imperial snipers lay down cover fire.

13679861535_971119e72f_c.jpg

A B-Wing pilot has already fallen to the sniper while attempting to maneuver the volcanic rock. Our hero, Goatm An 461, comes out of his apartment to help round up the remaining Rebel forces.

13718752825_c314d976ae_c.jpg

The other tie pilots are eager to help with the clean-up, as well.

"Oh no, you prisoners got your clothes all dirty trying to escape through the underground lakes of Sullust. Lets turn around and get you a hot bath."

13679892915_7dcd8347e1_z.jpg13680370824_bb55280180_z.jpg

"That last step is a doosy."

13679956495_2a8343d0b7_c.jpg

"Don't worry Stormies, we've got this. Go grab a mop and clean up the mess on level 14 below."

13719293714_193cfb92e3_c.jpg

Per usual, following the executions operations continue as normal at the imperial docking bay. This specific hanger is reserved for experimental starfighters being developed by the ever-faithful SoroSuub Corporation. Currently, tie pilot Goatm An 461 is the primary test pilot for the Cutlass-9 Mod 7 starfighter. Upon entering the hanger, the starfighter is taken by a crane allowing for movement between engineering departments and redeployment to the upper reaches of the cave during attacks to avoid Rebel sabotage attempts.

13803015374_3aa5be238d_c.jpg

Slave wookies are used to remove the large, over-charged engines to be repaired and modified as needed. Also looking on is a custom G2 "Goose" droid, complements of the SoroSuub Corporation.

13802662723_2f39bc0d18_c.jpg

13802669043_1f77362c76_c.jpg

While repairs are being worked out, our hero has some other "business" to attend to.

13680351804_d95fc55684_c.jpg

Back to work. Lets see what this baby can do.

13802633405_78cd722e90_c.jpg

13802653293_3705b108bc_c.jpg

13802601155_71ec16a480_c.jpg

13802963734_5fe4eedf49_c.jpg

13802632363_5d3f769867_c.jpg

13802653613_999fd16938_c.jpg

The starfighter helping to climb the Empire to victory.

13802656715_6fa6791013_c.jpg

Thanks for putting the contest together. I've really enjoyed the build. Negative, constructive comments are always welcome.

Nice job trooper, we are one step closer to victory, does the AT-ST on the first pick connect to the rest of the scene?

I love the ship and the lava looks beautiful! What I don't like is all the Rebels being thrown into the fire. :P

Wow, that model of yours turned intosomething really great! This should actually be judged as three seperate high-quality builds!

Let's go from top to bottom. The micro part on the top is very nice to begin with. Great posing of the vehicles, well executed ground ( I never get the the angles alligned nicely, but you succed brilliantly, and added some more layers as well). Too bad the vehicles weren't custom models ( but we'll se one soon...), but what a great appetizer!

Then the main dish: the scene. I like the verticalness of it, supported by the great greebles. Also, nice to see how it flows into black in the hangar bay, matching the TIE and pilot colors. Also, great diversity. I like watching at all the different scenes, the ariety of details. Like the guns, the droid, the crane, the lava fall (although a bit too skinny for such a viscous flow), the bio-section (although the change of decor is rather abrupt here, with a bunch of leaves popping up at once. Maybe start with more sober colors like olive or tan and build up a gradient...)... Apart from that, I like the functionality with all the ladders, gateways, platforms (that improved greatly ;-) ). Just work a bit more on e lave, getting rid of the sharo edges... and then you'd finish up with a really nice MOC!

O wait, it isn't over? Time for dessert, everybody's favorite. That ship you've got there is amazing. It really seems to be your kind of thing. All the vents, angled sections, greebles at the underside. A master shipbuilder, so it seems! Nothing to say here, because een the photograpy is great ( genrally true for the whole model!)... well, besides that you could have edited the stings out maybe...

I'm really delighted to see this model in its present state. It's amazing in so many aspect, that it almost hurts criticizing it! Keep it up! O wait, you're doing so, with your great freebuilds... nice.

Nice! good job. I like many of the details you incorporated. try to make your freebuilds a bit more like this, cause though I like those already, I like this build even better!

Quite a lot going on with this build. This is exactly the kind of malevolent behavior that makes the Empire so antisocial and psychotic. I really like the ship you created as well. Good work!

Thanks for all the comments. I hope nobody was too offended by all the violence, I have a rather dark sense of humor. I think I could've done a better job making this a full 360 build and minimizing the lava so I could use my trans brick better.

I'm going to stick to my guns on the swamp. I really liked the dichotomy of lava/underground lakes. I wish more builders had picked up on this detail rather than doing so much lava. We didn't even touch on the underground cities of Sullust which was disappointing. I see the inhabitants as a not-annoying version of the gunguns that probably have a pretty good quality of life away from the lava.

Once the B-Wing comes out this summer, we'll be able to create Sullustans that aren't all pilots.

Wow there really is a LOT going on here! An impressive build - it kind of reminds me of M.C. Escher's picture "Relativity" , loads of little nooks and crannys with action in each one! I'm a little confused as to how the micro build fits on top, but that could be just me.

I'm a little confused as to how the micro build fits on top, but that could be just me.

This might be a better picture to show the connection. There were a lot of "creative" connections made to get everything to fit together. All Lego of course, but not pretty.

13949325722_57fb460cc0_c.jpg