Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

MT-31 Trike (7694) Pic Review

indexed.gif

My space fans, you really should blame Sne for me doing the reviews of those Mars Mission sets (oh boy how I hate Sne right now :-D :-P ). Anyhow, that Space sub needed some novelty hehe so I shall shoot that review to Mars and above !!

I am very pleased by this set (12€) – it really looks great and has a neat colour pattern (more on that later).

Like always here are pics of the book and DSS (G, this theme has loads of darn stickers – as you can see, I didn’t use 100% of the stickers – I didn’t use the cokpit one). For once I shall comment a bit on the box art. Look at that neat MM Logo, doesn’t it ring a brell to CS fans ?

img_4126.jpg

img_4129.jpg

img_4130.jpg

1/The Mfs

I am SO pissed off at TLC for producing those UGLY and CRAP aliens. G what were they thinking. At least the old Life On Mars sets had fun looking aliens that ressembled some comics one, here it just plain ugly. Viewing it from a certain distance and lying on the capsule thingy it looks more or less OK. However,when you zoom in, you just get sick by this ugly jelly. Yuk !! The Mf comprises 2 parts: legs and the rest (torso + non moving arms + head). I will stop on that before beeing too rude...

img_4137.jpg

img_4138.jpg

img_4139.jpg

img_4140.jpg

At least the human MF makes up for it: he is really nice and I love that gilden visor. The torso is printed ob both sides with great designs. It great to see that the head is a baklava, nice.

img_4141.jpg

img_4142.jpg

img_4143.jpg

2/ The Trike

I love the design of that beast and the colour scheme is just perfect. Its exactly the colour scheme that I am using for the Team Odysseus project and I do have a feeling that there are no coincidences !! Face it, how many space MOCs do you have in White/Orange ?? Not that many for sure.

I like the general design with the huge orange wheels. I like also that the rear whell is attach on both sides and not to one like the older trike.

img_4144.jpg

img_4146.jpg

img_4147.jpg

Look some comparison pics: the new trike is meaner and bigger, yeay !! Its normal since it has a rear alien prison or vacum as I love to call it. Yeay I know I'm missing the cokpit on that old trike (I just couldn't find it this morning :-| :-P )

img_4149.jpg

img_4151.jpg

The cokpit looks great in orange !! Design wise its on a moving platform which makes it sleeker. Behind there are two guns and a green diamond hehe.

img_4152.jpg

img_4154.jpg

img_4162.jpg

As I said, there is the vacum on the rear. I have a problem with that thing: once the alien capsule is in, it moves like hell in there. So kim if you swoosh it, the capsule is history !! I left the sticker on that one because I think its funny.

img_4155.jpg

img_4156.jpg

img_4159.jpg

img_4160.jpg

I shall finish with the huge wheels !!

img_4157.jpg

img_4158.jpg

You should definitly buy that mean machine !! Aliens beware, you shall be harvested in no time !!

Eradication On !!

*yoda*

Thanks for this review ! It's always nice to see a space review.

As expected the aliens are crap, so I'm not commenting on this.

I must say the set seems to follow the rule "Bigger but emptier". This is especially true in comparison of the older trike set.

The trans orange theme is kinda cool.

Too bad that they are no oxygen tanks on the back of the minifig *n*.

I have some questions :

- Where did you find this set this early (I think they are due during the August month ?) 8-

finally some MM reviews!! :-| i'll just ignore those first few lines... :-| :-X X-D

not too fond of this set... i'm waiting for that dropship, *yoda* ! where's the review of the dropship?! work faster, you slave! X-D X-D

4) in like 10 minutes :-P

I'm REALY disapointed, I't more than 10 minutes now and STILL no dropship review !!! :-P X-D :-D

As Snefroe said : "Work faster slave" X-D

And think of me : Tomorrow is my birthday, as soon as the review is finished , you can send me the dropship. I want this baby badly :-D

I'm REALY disapointed, I't more than 10 minutes now and STILL no dropship review !!! :-P X-D :-D

As Snefroe said : "Work faster slave" X-D

Its already here !!

G whats wrong with belgians today :-D Is it the Eurovision effect ?? X-D

I suggest you comment faster on that review :-P

*yoda*

Thanks for that review.

The set is fairly nice. A new molded Primary Life Support System would

be very cool, but the printing on the back is at least good looking and neat.

Great review *yoda* (on a side note, I wish my name were also an emoticon.) As always, very thorough and well photographed.

Thanks for stopping before getting too rude about the aliens. There are children who read this. Although, I can imagine what you were going to say because those things are horrible! The heads and arms don't move?!?!?!?!?! What was LEGO thinking? Perhaps these are some sort of deformed drone soldier and the real aliens will be released at a later date, hint hint ;-) ;-)

Heh,the alien is being impaled in a capsule. ^^

I love the golden visor...very useful for possible future Master Chief MOCs of mine!

he is really nice and I love that gilden visor.

And it's scientifically accurate.

I may have a look at this, but it's not really my thing. Sure it looks good, but I much prefer some of the other sets from this line. But it's on the maybe list anyway.

Thanks for the pics

I suppose the organge 'vaccuume' thing might be useful as ... maybe a 'warp core' in a MOC.

I'm annoyed that they re-created the Trike, but did not also have a MonoJet set.

This basically forces you to buy Two of the new trike to get an Even number of orange wheels. Yeah, its a conspiracy I say.

I don't see why everyone likes these MM sets. I think they are pure crud. [/b]

I'll admit that half the reason is pure desparation after so many years without any Space.

Praying that it does well enough for them to Try Harder on the next season, till then the parts packs are always welcome.

I think that they can be really usefull as algaes, with this transgreen colour! :-D

Algaes with teeth and claws? :-/ X-D

Algaes with teeth and claws? :-/ X-D

No, it was a jok! Those alien are really :-X , they don't look like LEGO (more like a kinder toy) and they don't look terrifying! I mean, if they have been more alarming, I will understand that spacemen want to catch them. But here, it seems that men just have to "gather" them. Those aliens can't run, just jump (because of their connected legs) and nothing more! I think that TLC would have done some better aliens, with a more LEGO feeling and another look. For example, an alienfig with a posture like a twilight monster from the last Zelda TP would have been better IMO...

Not a space fan, but I want that TLC makes some good space sets! ;-)

The old version used rubber bands for the wheel suspension.

I dont see any here.

You are correct, there are no rubber bands at all !! It makes the design better IMO ;-)

Whats it doing?

I don't get your question. I will post tomorrow a pic where I will press on the trike to show you that the suspension is not that stiff at all ;-)

*yoda*

Well, how can you have a suspension without rubber bands or technic shock abosorbers?

Are they just relying on bending the plastic?

Great review again *yoda* . Even though I am a "Town/Train" collector, as a Lego fan I would agree that the alien figure does not seem like Lego. I also like how TLC took the CS logo and incorporated it in this theme. This definitly brings you back to the "old days" of Lego. Again great review.

Thanks for the review... still like the old one better but the MF looks nice!

God Bless,

Nathan

Yes thanks for review, sad that the mars people no personality has.

Ill maybe get dropship..

Great review.........(ya you know)

The aliens aren't half bad

Early production pics show that they had movable arms but I guess they changed them to one piece

They do have a Jello like appearence maybe they are 95% water and 5% Jello :-D

my only complaint is they have no way to fight back,sure they have better technology but they end up getting impaled and being examined by humans

*alien*

Piranha

Before getting in the specifics of your question xenologer, look at this pic:

img_4336.jpg

It clearly shows that there is space for those wheels to move.

Well, how can you have a suspension without rubber bands or technic shock abosorbers?

Actually regarding the two front wheels, there is a little rubber piece, that prevents the torsion of the technic part:

img_4337.jpg

Are they just relying on bending the plastic?

That is correct with the rear wheel ;-)

img_4338.jpg

You can easilly see from the pic that the technic part is bent a bit, but its not problematic (on the pic I really pushed all the way which doesn't happen whan you swoosh it :-D )

Hope that answered your questions ;-)

*yoda*

Before getting in the specifics of your question xenologer, look at this pic:

img_4336.jpg

*yoda*

g... i hadn't noticed the gap between the canopy and the parts underneath it before... oh man, this is bad...