rx79gez8gundam

Kuat Drive Yards Imperial AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport)

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I have always had a fondness for the AT-AT, and even after three attempts by LEGO to release oneI've still been left unsatisfied. Hence, my AT-AT MOC. It features a fully detailed interior with a cockpit holding 2 drivers, a commander with periscope, and room for 2 more figures, seating for 18 troops in a double decker main body, detailed drive section, storage for 2 speeder bikes in the lower vehicle bay, opening side access hatches and a lower hatch fro recreating Luke's lightsaber and grenade attack on a walker from ESB. The cheek guns rotate, and the legs are fully poseablewith articulated upper and lower hip joints, knees, ankles with 2 dimensions of range of motion, and toe flaps. The exterior,interior, and underside are highly detailed, having used photos of the movie models and the book Star Wars Complete Cross Sections to design and build the MOC. Any feedback is appreciated!

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/379645

13101886935_9fb5b23f19.jpg

do you have the LDD file for this ? :o I like how it looks!

did you brick-build this as well or just a render ?

Edited by kr-lik

do you have the LDD file for this ? :o I like how it looks!

did you brick-build this as well or just a render ?

I haven't uploaded any of my LDD files, holding on to them for now. It sadly only exists in LDD form for now, as do all of my MOCs. Trying to gather the pieces to build at least one of my aircraft currently.

I like the design! :thumbup: Good recreation of the details. The interior is a welcome addition too.

How big is it, e.g. in comparioson with the official ones?

However, I think it is not very sturdy. There seem to be a few weak connections. You may work on that, else it will fall apart in real life.

I'm a bit curious... Does the neck hold all that weight ?? I cannot make that out .

That saying, this is a great model I for one, would like to build out of LDD !!

grtz Saint

Very cool MOC! I really like all of the detail, especially the armor and the interior spaces. I have the same concerns as the others about stability, but I would like to see this MOC come to life. Any plans to actually create it? How many pieces is it?

It is 3399 pieces. The neck is reinforced with a technic axle inside for added strength, and all the joints use the same reinforcement. I based the structure off an older physical version I had built, the main difference being the level of detail I was able to add with the LDD version that my physical LEGO collection lacked the pieces to do so with. I also always take care to interlock with overlapping varied lengths as often as possible in a build for maximized structural strength.

Impressive, most impressive! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Excellent design, and one of the best large-scale versions that I've seen:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Great design! I hope you will build this model one day ;)

3399 pieces? The perfect size for a UCS version!

Godo job; I really like your model. TLG should contact you to take your model as the base of their next UCS!!!

Godo job; I really like your model. TLG should contact you to take your model as the base of their next UCS!!!

So the general consent I seem to be getting is "put this on CUUSOO", am I correct? :D

I think that this would do well on CUUSOO, there's going to be a lot of OT fans out there who would love to buy it (me included!). It also strikes a very good balance between being impressively detailed, but still having a sensible part count (and subsequent potential RRP). Good luck if you decide to submit it, I'm sure that a lot of EB members would support it :classic:

I , for one , would support it !! And I vulonteer to build it !! ( and they have a UCS Sandcrawler, so why not this AT-AT ?? )

grtz Saint

There's one on there with 321 supporters in a year, and although yours looks a lot better, they actually brick-built theirs...

This is a very nice looking model :thumbup: The level of detail, size and brick count gives us a hint of what an official UCS could look like. However, I would suggest that you gave the main housing a technic skeleton that should link directly into the neck. As it looks right now, I think the weight of the head and neck combined (together with the distance of their centre of gravity in relation to where they are attached) will be too much for what looks like a brick built wall to handle.

Also, just moving the model around would benefit from the added structural integrity of a technic skeleton.

Anyway, It would be nice to see this in real bricks :classic: