mrcp6d

AoM: Mitgardian Archery - Phase I

My Phase I for the archery category of Age of Mitgardia:

12845453265_1560734c81_c.jpg

Three Mitgardian army archers stop for a break and some quick practice.

My University claims:

• Landscape Design - Snow and Ice
  • Geography - Forests

Flickr

C&C always appreciated!

Nice build, I like all of the trees and the snow :wink::thumbup:

Good minifig posing and base as well, it would probably have been better to have included a target, though :grin:

Archery: 1st Phase; field with archery target.

Edited by Garmadon

[...] it would probably have been better to have included a target, though :grin:

That's the red "rag" tacked to the rock :wink:

It looks really good, especially the snow coverage. But, I think the tree could benefit from adding some olive coloring in there. Otherwise great build!

Nice! The use of the slope pieces on the largest tree really work well to make it look like an evergreen tree. Pretty clever actually. The only thing is, and this is probably just my lego OCD, but the upside down white cheese slope next to the red rag would seem to be defying gravity. By that I mean I've never seen snow hanging upside down from a rock. :tongue: Not that it matters though, I just thought it was kind of amusing.

Lovely little build! I love how you put so many details in it and your trees look very good :thumbup:. Also, your photography is good. Brick on!

The further left tree i think its the best snowed tree I have ever seen. Your photography is excellent and fantastic landscaping!

Very nice phase I build, just a great mix of everything!

That's the red "rag" tacked to the rock :wink:

Ah, I had been wondering what that was :wink:

Edited by Garmadon

+1 for both claims. The snow and rock work is very nice and the green trees really brighten the scene up. Looks like there's quite a bit of snow on some of the branches though!

It looks really good, especially the snow coverage. But, I think the tree could benefit from adding some olive coloring in there. Otherwise great build!

Eh, not sure I would go with olive. I do wish LEGO had dark green in the small leaves. I'd jump all over that.

Nice! The use of the slope pieces on the largest tree really work well to make it look like an evergreen tree. Pretty clever actually. The only thing is, and this is probably just my lego OCD, but the upside down white cheese slope next to the red rag would seem to be defying gravity. By that I mean I've never seen snow hanging upside down from a rock. :tongue: Not that it matters though, I just thought it was kind of amusing.

Snow does that all the time! Though I do agree that the overhang may be a bit much here.

Lovely little build! I love how you put so many details in it and your trees look very good :thumbup:. Also, your photography is good. Brick on!

The further left tree i think its the best snowed tree I have ever seen. Your photography is excellent and fantastic landscaping!

Thanks guys! I've really been trying to up my photography game recently.

Very nice phase I build, just a great mix of everything!

Thanks Kabel!

+1 for both claims. The snow and rock work is very nice and the green trees really brighten the scene up. Looks like there's quite a bit of snow on some of the branches though!

Thanks Kai, and all the other Kaliphlinites for the votes! There's a lot of snow on the branches because there's a lot of snow in Mitgardia! :laugh:

Love it! I really like the atmosphere you got on such a small moc!

Thanks de Gothia! I feel that small builds are the best at conveying atmosphere, emotion, etc. though that wasn't really the intent here. :laugh:

Beautiful snow scene :wub: The larger trees look perfect, I'll have to remember to try that technique myself :classic:

I like it a lot! Nice job showing the forest after one of our usual heavy snows. And the rag tacked to a rock is clever!

Thanks! I figure nobody really walks around with a 'real' target; there ought to be a lot of improvisation out in the field.

Beautiful snow scene :wub: The larger trees look perfect, I'll have to remember to try that technique myself :classic:

Thanks SK! The trees are the same as this one from a couple months ago, with another layer at the base.