afol1969

Afol1969's Building Instructions Thread

Hi all,

Since I've found the ambition to work with MLCAD and making instructions, it's time to publish my own thread for my further instructions projects. As you know, some of them are already realized, and I have the status "LDRAW Builder" on my profile.

The instructions are not from own MOC's, they are from others creations. I've (still) not the skills to create my own constructions, but can implant some little modifications.

The instructions are based on photo or LDD instructions, which I've created and reviewed with LPUB for the final PDF files.

The instructions so far:

- Full RC 9397 Logging Truck (Chassis only). My first work, without LSynth, ghosts etc.

9397.jpg

- Ultimate 8043 (Jurgens' photo instructions organized with LPUB)

8043.jpg

- Extended Boom 42009 (created from LDD file)

extended_boom_42009.jpg

- Madocas' Wing Body Truck (from photo instructions)

wing_body_truck.jpg

- Rotating Grapple (from 2LegoOrNot2Lego's photo instructions)

grapple.png

- Markus53' motorized Unimog 8110 with two gear automatic system (CAD file stepped and organized)

unimogx.jpg

- RC 8-Leg Spider from Scott Pomeroy (Little modifications, CAD file organized)

spider.png

Coming soon:

- Nico71s' Braiding Machine

Next Projects in future:

- Gergers' MK6400 crane

- CP5670s' Annihilator

If instructions are so far perfect, I upload them on bricksafe (see link in signature), keeping this thread up to date.

Feel free to build, modify, suggestions are welcome. :sweet:

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Hi,

The instructions for the rotating Grapple from 2LegoORNOT2Lego are now for download:

Grapple.pdf

Grapple.mpd

See link in the signature

Have fun :classic:

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Thank You again.. :) Thanks to You, even not very expirienced builder like me can modify 8110 in easy way :)

Update:

- Madocas' Wing Body Truck:

Complete Instructions (PDF) and separate CAD files from chassis, cabin and Container

- Markus53's multifunctional Unimog:

CAD file online.

Final release coming soon.

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Hi, Jim,

Thanks very much to add the thread to the Index. So it will be always visible for everybody. :classic:

Greetings

Alex

Yes, I think about making instructions and I've already discussed it in his thread. The problem is to find the real building steps from an LFX-file. A better solution will be a photo sequense, it will take less work because the building steps are in a more logical order. And after the last monster projects (Wing Truck, Unimog) I need some pausing. I can restart a big project again, but I need some cooperation too, even it's just to make photo building sequence or a CAD file. (Blakbird makes very good CAD files).

Greetings

Alex

When there's only a LDD available of which I want to create LDraw building instructions, I always just build the model in my mind. I don't really need photo instructions when there is an LDD or there are a bunch of good in- and outside pictures.

I just build the model in my mind and determine what the order of the parts should be to be able to build it (the order is of course very important with Technic models). While I do that, I add some simple steps and after that I refine my steps.

Very good job. Thank you for sharing and we wait for another instructions. I saw some error in Madoca wing truck cabin, because the driver's door is outside the frame cabin

Edited by legosamigos

Very good job. Thank you for sharing and we wait for another instructions. I saw some error in Madoca wing truck cabin, because the driver's door is outside the frame cabin

Hi legosamigos,

Indeed it's possible that there are errors in the Wing body instructions. But after reviewed the CAD file, I couldn't see anything wrong. I think it's an optical illusion in the different beam angles. The same you'll find in blakbirds' rendered Image. And I basically used his CAD file to step it. But I've uploaded the CAD files too, so you can see if there's an issue and you can show me (If you're common with LDRAW)

Edit: Found it! It's on the right cabin side (driver). I've made the correction and uploaded the instruction update: Wing Body Truck.pdf

@legolintje:

OK, you're right, I think at first is building the MOC, to see if the functions turn well. At least for the boom there are already instructions, so only the chassis needs to be build.

So I offer to start the project - but not before summer end, I have other instruction projects before (for ex. the Braiding Machine from Nico71)

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

A really massive thankyou for all your work....as a compete computer terroist, i cannot even begin to imagine the work and hours that must go into this. Once again thanks for this, it is really appreciated. Cheers Pete

The Unimog instructions are offline :look:

Can you please reload them.

I can also wait for the final one ;o)))

PS: Perfect job !!!

Edited by dragofoscar

The Unimog instructions are offline :look:

Can you please reload them.

Damn! So the dropbox share links are disabled again. I've uploaded now on my bricksafe link.

Files:

- Multifunctional Unimog.mpd

- Markus53's Unimog provisional release.pdf

Edit: Now final instructions available.

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

Those instructions look very good. :classic:

I will need to see if I can use your services in the future for something.

New instructions available: RC motorized 8-Leg spider from Scott Pomeroy.

As I noticed that the legs construction was a little fragile, I had to do some reinforcement modifications, and the battery box was too heavy. A major modification for a 9V battery solved the problem. And the spider walks now fluently. But the ground must be smooth, and the ends of the leg parts need to be protected with tape, plaster or else to avoid scratches and damages.

A cool MOC to frighten women :devil_laugh:

Instructions can be downloaded here: http://www.bricksafe...-leg spider.pdf

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969

New instructions available: RC motorized 8-Leg spider from Scott Pomeroy.

spider.png

As I noticed that the legs construction was a little fragile, I had to to some reinforcement modifications, and the battery box was too heavy. A major modification for a 9V battery solved the problem. And the spider walks now fluently. But the ground must be smooth, and the ends of the leg parts need to be protected with tape, plaster or else to avoid scratches and damages.

awesome! but why not using the rechargeable 7.2 Volt battery box instead of modifying the standard one?... the 7.2 is way lighter and should do the job very well...

Nice work again, Alex!

I see a lot of resemblance with the partslist of 4958 Dino which I already own so I may give it a try!

Thanks again for all your effort Alex!

And now hurry up with that large crane! ;)

awesome! but why not using the rechargeable 7.2 Volt battery box instead of modifying the standard one?... the 7.2 is way lighter and should do the job very well...

I already thought about it, but that needs major modifications to maintain the design. And there isn't much weight difference, and I have so many standard battery boxes that there's no problem to modify one. And for that I used a box already with little damage.

@Theo: For the crane, it needs some cooperation from our instruction masters here :sweet: . I could do it alone, beyond question, but maybe I'll not finish the instructions before November, and it would be fine to have a donation that I could buy the missing parts to build it. I don't make instructions available without building the model before.

And currently I'm on the work for the braiding machine. The instructions are partially ready, but I still wait for parts I've bought at Bricklink. There were errors in the CAD file, for example I need more chain links than indicated in the part list.

Greetings

Alex