Sign in to follow this  
Bkrosell

AoM towers phase 1

I recently got around to building my phase one tower, hope you like it,

towerP1%2B3.jpgtowerP1%2B2.jpgtowerP1.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the new version,( thanks for your advice )

towers%2B11.jpg

towers%2B12.jpg

C&C welcome

Edited by Bkrosell

Very much improved! You're getting better. Your backgrounds look good now, but you still need to work on the quality of your photos. And Vladivus is right, things seem a little bland.

Nice build, I like the icicle (that's what it is, right :laugh: )

Good work on the rocks and tower as well, however, I would suggest that on upcoming builds you get rid of the big border, as the others have said, it makes it look a little empty :wink:

Nice start to the tower phases, I like the icicle :thumbup: I agree with LV, that the roof looks a bit flat though :wink:

Nice little tower- the top seems a little flat and bland though.

Nice start to the tower phases, I like the icicle :thumbup: I agree with LV, that the roof looks a bit flat though :wink:

I tried to go for something bland but I think you might be right, it looks a little to bland

Very much improved! You're getting better. Your backgrounds look good now, but you still need to work on the quality of your photos. And Vladivus is right, things seem a little bland.

Nice build, I like the icicle (that's what it is, right :laugh: )

Good work on the rocks and tower as well, however, I would suggest that on upcoming builds you get rid of the big border, as the others have said, it makes it look a little empty :wink:

thanks for your input on the border, this was my first time using it, I'll leave it out next time.

I found the icicle piece in my bin and just had to add it on :grin:

Borders are a good thing if done correctly. Your goal should be to make something that adds to the build without drawing your eyes straight to it. I wouldn't give up on using borders, I would just work on your technique.

Nice start on this! I agree with MKJoshA, I use borders all the time, and try to make them look interesting, but not draw the eye to much. The roof is a bit flat, as the others have stated, but great work overall!

Borders are a good thing if done correctly. Your goal should be to make something that adds to the build without drawing your eyes straight to it. I wouldn't give up on using borders, I would just work on your technique.

Nice start on this! I agree with MKJoshA, I use borders all the time, and try to make them look interesting, but not draw the eye to much. The roof is a bit flat, as the others have stated, but great work overall!

Thanks, for now I think I'll leave out the borders, but will experiment with them later on.

Iv'e almost finished the build but before I post it, should I take off the borders that are on right now or leave them?

Thanks, for now I think I'll leave out the borders, but will experiment with them later on.

Iv'e almost finished the build but before I post it, should I take off the borders that are on right now or leave them?

You should probably take it of if it is big and distracts too much from the build, if it doesn't just leave it on though :wink:

A tip for future borders is that they are usually less distracting when they don't have studs on top :classic:

You should probably take it of if it is big and distracts too much from the build, if it doesn't just leave it on though :wink:

A tip for future borders is that they are usually less distracting when they don't have studs on top :classic:

thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Cool little moc man. Regarding border I would say np to use a border anytime just use a color that contrast a lot the inside of the moc. Thats why most guys use black border. And as mentioned better have it without studs on top.

Sorry about not posting the pictures, I've been sidetracked with a few other projects, they should be posted today.

I personally think you should add something to the roof, but that's about it.

Maybe add some texture such as tiles or extra studs, or maybe add a slope.

I have already sloped the roof if you didn't notice.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't notice the new pictures. It looks good! I would vote for continuing on.

Edited by MKJoshA

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't notice the new pictures. It looks good! I would vote for continuing on.

thats okay, with the pictures I took its hard to tell at times, and thanks for your vote :classic: