Bob De Quatre

[LDD MOC] LJ-937 "Wormhole explorer"

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The LJ-937, also named Wormhole explorer, was the first exploration ship built to exploit a gravity well generator to travel trough space. It was able to fold the universe and dig a hole from one place to another, hence decreasing greatly the travel time needed.

It's mission was to travel to unexplored planets and scan them to detect life form or exploitable resources.

There was a theory that linked the Octan corporation to the development of the LJ-937 and took advantage of the mission's finding to get their hands on usefull resources. Since the research on the gravity well generator and the funding of the missions were done using public funds, some people started to ask for the space police to investigate. Hark Mamil, the famous opposant to the Octan Corporation, officially complained to the authorities and a trial was planned. He disappeared two days before the chosen date...

11014887263_700190aeee_c.jpg

LJ-937 Wormhole Explorer by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

The piloting module can detatch. Does that can count as a Viper?? :grin:

11014657795_ceca8473a0_c.jpg

11014882023_e0f4341714_c.jpg

A quick built I've done yesterday... It was nice to work on something else than the Zenith. :classic:

It is also my first "classic" space built! And I like that colorscheme... Might do more in the future.

Wow, great looking ship! :thumbup::wub: I love the curves, and the gravity well generator is fantastic! Might have to venture into Classic Space territory myself, just need to get some parts...

Bob, it's astonishing! I like the rear part of the ship, I think it's the wormhole activator or something like that. Very hard curved surface, but very well designed.

Just a quick build :wacko: ? This is amazing!

The shapes are as delightful as ever, and I like all the little decorating patterns that peek through this build. The little 'viper' is beautiful as well.

Is the gravity well generator attached to the ring around it, or is it just floating around? I can't really tell.

Astonishing build as always. Please, keep up the good work.

Hark Mamil... :roflmao:

Bob, it's astonishing! I like the rear part of the ship, I think it's the wormhole activator or something like that. Very hard curved surface, but very well designed.

Thanks. Yes the rear of the ship is the wormhole generator.

Just a quick build :wacko: ? This is amazing!

The shapes are as delightful as ever, and I like all the little decorating patterns that peek through this build. The little 'viper' is beautiful as well.

Is the gravity well generator attached to the ring around it, or is it just floating around? I can't really tell.

Astonishing build as always. Please, keep up the good work.

Hark Mamil... :roflmao:

I said quick build as I only worked one day on it... while at work... (yes I have LDD on my office computer :blush: )

To be honest the "sphere" is derivated from the Astradea main engines, which are derivated from a study about brickbuild domes I did some times ago :grin:

The sphere is attached to the front side of the ring, and can rotate.

I didn't do enough shots to show all the details, but the LDD file is downloadable here :wink:

Beautiful MOC, and interesting idea, too.

Theoretically, in order for a wormhole to be functional, stable, and predictable, it would need to generate the exact same torsion field frequency at both ends. The portable gravity well generator might be a simple soloution for an otherwise complex problem.

Maybe Octan Corperation should be paying you. Nevermind the silly protesters like Hark Mamil. :tongue:

Beautiful MOC, and interesting idea, too.

Theoretically, in order for a wormhole to be functional, stable, and predictable, it would need to generate the exact same torsion field frequency at both ends. The portable gravity well generator might be a simple soloution for an otherwise complex problem.

Maybe Octan Corperation should be paying you. Nevermind the silly protesters like Hark Mamil. :tongue:

Thanks. It's fun to write short story for a MOC. That way I can explain why I build so absurdly and odd shapes :grin:

Great shape, I like curved and unusual MOCs!

Thanks, I like them too :grin:

I am in awe of your ability to create complex shapes like that. You deserve a medal :thumbup:.

You're right! Where is my medal?!?! :grin:

Excellent work! This is certainly one of the most unique NCS MOCs I've seen in quite time, in terms of shaping, form and parts usage.

Very, very nice design, to bad it cant be build in that colour sceem. Great MOC, would love to see more classic space for your hand.

Edited by Holtz

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: WOOOOOOOW !!!!!!!! This is ....... wooow I mean, yeah.....WOOOOOW !!!!!! speechless !!! I love it !!!!!