DarthYannick

[Review] The X-Wing Microfighter Novelty

gallery_101_23_281.gif

MicrofighterXWing-09012014-17-copie-590x393.jpg

I was really looking forward these new Star Wars Microfighters Set. They look so cute. Unlike the Planet Series that were, imho, more for display, these Microfighters are totally for playing round with them, and are for kids. And I’m still a kid, okay, I’m an old and big fat kid, but still mentaly a kid. And sure I will play a lot with them with my son.

So I got this X-Wing Fighter. I plan to get more of them, like the Falcon, the TIE Interceptor and the Star Destroyer.

Actually today I wanted to buy the Falcon, but strangely, in the shop I went, they had all sets but this one. I want the Falcon because, first, I like the ship, and then, it comes with Han Solo. And Han Solo is the coolest guy in the whole universe (with Malcolm Reynolds)…

MicrofighterXWing-09012014-02-590x393.jpg

MicrofighterXWing-09012014-08-590x393.jpg

MicrofighterXWing-09012014-09-590x393.jpg

MicrofighterXWing-09012014-11-590x393.jpg

MicrofighterXWing-09012014-14-590x393.jpg

DadSon-590x393.jpg

Hmm I really didn't like the idea of Microfighters and the results haven't changed my mind but this one looks kinda cute (along with MF and ISD). Thanks for the pics

also

the coolest guy in the whole universe (with Malcolm Reynolds)…

can't argue with that :grin:

The minifig printing on the legs and torso really impress me. I like the look of these sets and can see a lot of playability that was lacking in the Planet series as you said. thanks for the Review.

Nice microfighter but i prefer millenium falcon. I dont know if i will buy the others.

I really don't like them. I hate the new overly detailed figures, ever since Colt these have been getting out of hand, and the ship is a little pile of mostly useless spares. The planets were much better.

^At least with the microfighters we get some exclusive figures, I only bought one planet set, and it was for lobot, to me with these

After seeing this review I thick I'll pick up this, the ISD, and the MF.

Edited by GandalfofHoth

Thanks for the very nice pictorial review :thumbup: . I actually like the idea of these sets, I think they're loads of fun. Seems to me that these could be Lego's answer to Playskool's Jedi Force Characters, or Hasbro's Pods. The only thing that really bothers me about this particular model is that I find the huge underbelly of the X-Wing looks a bit awkward.

However, despite generally being a fan of more detailed minifig printing, in this instance I must agree with Mr Man - the detailed print on this character is a step too far imo.

Even though these Microfighters are reasonably priced, I'd only buy this particular model if it's on special offer - I'd solely be buying it for the Pilot's Helmet and R2 head.

It is nice to get Red Ten and the head of R2-X2, even though there is no suitable body for him. Personally I think the printing looks superb. My 3 year old loves playing with the micro x-wing and for me the parts are pretty good spares.

^At least with the microfighters we get some exclusive figures, I only bought one planet set, and it was for lobot, to me with these

After seeing this review I thick I'll pick up this, the ISD, and the MF.

But they are hardly exclusive (the particular style is) but Rebel pilots and Han are some of the most common figs out there.

I for one quite like the micro fighters. I was unsure at first, but they're cute. For me, they're a fun thing (I tend to like more "serious" Lego).

If I can only get one Microfighter set (but let's face it, I'll pick up at least half of them), it would probably be this one. It's just so...dare I say it...CUTE! :wub: Thanks for posting these pics, it looks good from all angles!

Nice Review! Next time, try to include pics of the box, instructions, and build. I'm definitely getting this now!

Okay, I will do it next time.

I write the reviewsz for my blog, and then post them here, so next time I'll take the pictures you want and will upload them here :-)

And I think that I should write more about the set as well, more technical I mean.

Now you need the big-daddy UCS X-wing to go with.

I need to talk to my bank advisor so ;-)

If I can only get one Microfighter set (but let's face it, I'll pick up at least half of them), it would probably be this one. It's just so...dare I say it...CUTE! :wub: Thanks for posting these pics, it looks good from all angles!

I only want 2 more microfighters, the Falcon of course, and the TIE interceptor. The others? Only if I have some money leftover as I want some bigger sets as well ;-)

Thanks for the very nice pictorial review :thumbup: . I actually like the idea of these sets, I think they're loads of fun. Seems to me that these could be Lego's answer to Playskool's Jedi Force Characters, or Hasbro's Pods. The only thing that really bothers me about this particular model is that I find the huge underbelly of the X-Wing looks a bit awkward.

However, despite generally being a fan of more detailed minifig printing, in this instance I must agree with Mr Man - the detailed print on this character is a step too far imo.

Even though these Microfighters are reasonably priced, I'd only buy this particular model if it's on special offer - I'd solely be buying it for the Pilot's Helmet and R2 head.

It's weird looking of course, not as feline as the bigger one, but it's very cute :-) Can't wait for my son to grow up to play with him :-)

Edited by DarthYannick

Bought this today, and the figure is the best part IMHO :) Great printing, dual side head and just a great improvement over ALL the previous rebel pilots I've got !

The only thing that really bothers me about this particular model is that I find the huge underbelly of the X-Wing looks a bit awkward.

I think the same it's a really useless and ugly part of the ship, this same underbelly issue can be found in the Tie Interceptor as well. It really ruins the look (which is very divisive on it's own).

Edited by Csacsa234

But they are hardly exclusive (the particular style is) but Rebel pilots and Han are some of the most common figs out there.

How the brick is Red Ten common? :wacko: You must not want all of Red Squadron.

I think red ten looks awesome. Also do you know how many members of red squadron have been made, and which sets they come in?

A pilot's a pilot, the only distinctive thing is the helmet.

But the main problem for you is the fact that Lego keeps updating them after a new one has been released. Some have generic head prints, generic helmets, generic torso, some have printed legs, others have plain legs. Some still only exist in yellow.

Nice review,good quality of photos.

I like the pilot and the general appearence of the sets,I´m thinking of buying one microfighter,but I don´t know If I would buy this or the Falcon,because I expect to buy the cantine this summer and I would prefer to have one pilot and one Han instead of two Hans

I see where you are coming from, but I disagree.

Minifigs like the pilot can only be upgraded/improved pretty much by their printing.

Models can be improved by different bricks.

A minifig is still a minifig but can be vastly improved by printing. An X-wing regardless of design or pieces, is still an X-Wing, but can be vastly improved by different bricks. Im sure you have probably bought more than 1 different X-Wing because it has been improved?

Thanks for this review.

I need to buy many of this set, need the body for Luke, Jek Porkins, Wedge, Biggs, Gold Leader and some custom pilots (helmet with blue insignia) for more accurate uniform.

Same happend with new Hoth uniform.

I think red ten looks awesome. Also do you know how many members of red squadron have been made, and which sets they come in?

R5-Luke: every x-wing ever made, most AT-ATs

R2-Wedge: 2007 x-wing

R3-Biggs: first EP 4 x-wing(needs a flesh update)

R6-Porkins:2012 x-wing

R?-X-wing pilot: 2012 x-wing planet set

R10-Theron: this set

Other pilots are:

Dak Ralter: 2008/07 Hoth echo base

Snowspeeder pilot: 2013 hoth planet set

Gold Leader Dutch Vander: all y-wings

Zev senesca: 2010 rebel bp, Hoth Wampa cave(the only pilot I have :cry_sad:)

But the main problem for you is the fact that Lego keeps updating them after a new one has been released. Some have generic head prints, generic helmets, generic torso, some have printed legs, others have plain legs. Some still only exist in yellow.

Yeah, but this means everyone's unique!

This is a plus really. Besides, I need rebel pilots. The more the merrier!

Edited by korpen4444