Sign in to follow this  
Manx

[SoNE Free build] Manx's Crawler

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

When Manx and his Abyssin friend Lojze had garage on Tatooine, they also needed some kind of transport vehicle, so they bought old and small sandcrawler from Jawas and did some modifications on it.

Size:

Lenght: 25 studs

Width: 16 studs

High: 12 studs (without caterpillars)

2014-01-04_16.53.53.jpg

2014-01-04_16.54.50.jpg

2014-01-04_16.55.01.jpg

2014-01-04_17.06.40.jpg

2014-01-04_16.55.31.jpg

This is my 3rd free-build. Please, score it. C&C are ofcourse welcomed.

See you soon!

P.S. Does anyone know, from which country originates the name "Lojze"?

Hahaha, I don't know if it originates from, but Lojze is a common Slovenian name. And does not sound a bit Abyssin to me. :D

Your crawler looks interesting. It really feels like a smaller brother of the giant brown beast used by Jawas. It's a bit blocky here and there and the walls might use some more texturing details. I like the fact that it has an interrior but strangely I could not find a cockpit or any other control room to navigate the machine?

Thanks!

Actually, there is control panel, but I forgot ro post the picture:

2014-01-04_17.07.30.jpg

Edited by Manx

Good job on the front angles. Looks perfect on this mod'ed sandcrawler.

You've got the core of the shape down, and the roof looks good. :thumbup: I agree with MstrOfPppts, that it could use some texturing on the sides. Maybe some random exposed greebles, a ladder and hatch, an open cargo bay, some vents...

To me, it also feels like it's about to tip over and do a nosedive of sorts if it hits a rock or a steeply descending slope. I think it needs some sort of support in front of the treads, even if it's just one pair of wheels, and I think sloping the back end would help with that and make the shape more interesting at the same time. (See this shot of the studio model.)

Thanks for comments!

@Brickdoctor - I wanted to make it with smaller parts, but then I ran out of them, so I used bigger ones - that's way the texture isn't that good. I modified the backside and I'll post the picture soon.

Can't see your pictures anymore :sceptic:

Brickshelf is down.... :look:

I like your roof and nose, both look very well done. I feel that the roof could get thicker to the front, as the sandcrawlers get taller to the front. Also, for organization purposes, see if you can hang the jetpack on something (stand, hook), or add some studs of sorts to create a jumble in the box, you could also you some studs to accent the exterior walls as well.

I'm liking the cyclops alien and the massive tail on his assistant :laugh: