Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

[SoNE Free Build] 6 The Break Out

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

OoC: See the previous free builds to understand the story -

First They Came For the Qwohogs

A Brother's Work Is Never Done

A Night At Hao's

As I closed up Hao's all I could think about was the Qwohog I saw being arrested and how corrupt the Empire was. The Emperor was obviously insane. Only a madman would condone the destruction of a planet like Alderaan. The Empire might cause order in the galaxy, but certainly not peace. It was time for me to stop only voicing my opinions to my brother in the shop and time to take some action.

I knew that if I didn't act right away I might lose my nerve. I thought about going to the Diktat and offering my service in starting a rebellion of the Five Brothers against the Empire but I knew that the Diktat was too self serving. He might not like the Empire and resist the mandatory services, but he would never go into all out rebellion. That left only one other option. I needed to find someone associated with the Rebel Alliance.

That thought brought back a memory of something I overheard my brother say at Hao's: "You know that farmer they brought in today? Well I guess the Colonel is pretty happy about. Turns out he's got ties to the Rebels..."

I stole back home and sneaked into my brother's closet. I pulled his Stormtrooper armor out and headed towards the base where the Qwohog was being kept prisoner. I didn't really have a plan. I just knew I had to act.

10936937154_8877a62671_c.jpg

I got into the base using my bother's access codes. He was never very good about logging off his terminal at home and I was also nosy. Since it was late there were only a couple guards on duty. They were bored and tired and didn't bother to wonder about one more stormtrooper on patrol. I walked past the prison guard and said, "Prisoner transfer at this hour, can you believe it?"

10936920464_fc749bc9e5_c.jpg

He was too busy watching a holovid to answer so I walked past him towards the cells. I noticed a prisoner list on one of the guard's screens that listed the "new arrival" as being in the 2nd cell. As I opened the cell door I looked back at the guard. He still wasn't paying me any attention so I took my helmet off and whispered to the Qwohog, "What's your name?

10936841726_fa6a158434_c.jpg

"Yeoman."He answered.

"Yeoman, you are going to have to trust me. We are going to get you out of here."

OoC: Please judge and comment!

Nice story and the build is clean and good as well! I think it misses some finisng touches though ... what I'd try first is to create some kind of frame around your MOC. That would make your creation not look lke something built on a plain XxY plate. It could be a simple border or the floor could be built thicker with some detail around making it look like it's cut from a bigger scene. This way you could also add some bumps or other relief to the floor where it's just tiles. Also to make the MOC feel more complete, I'd put a 2x2 light blay tile on top of the monitor by the guard. The studs look a bit unfinished if every other bit is tiled. They're OK on the computers ... I really like the prison cell design and the doors though it's a bit funny to guess in which direction the doors open or where they go.

Nice story and the build is clean and good as well! I think it misses some finisng touches though ... what I'd try first is to create some kind of frame around your MOC. That would make your creation not look lke something built on a plain XxY plate. It could be a simple border or the floor could be built thicker with some detail around making it look like it's cut from a bigger scene. This way you could also add some bumps or other relief to the floor where it's just tiles. Also to make the MOC feel more complete, I'd put a 2x2 light blay tile on top of the monitor by the guard. The studs look a bit unfinished if every other bit is tiled. They're OK on the computers ... I really like the prison cell design and the doors though it's a bit funny to guess in which direction the doors open or where they go.

Thanks for the tips. I feel that each time my builds get better, but there is always more to improve. As for the way the doors open. I keep wondering the same thing :)