Sign in to follow this  
Yooha

The Settlers go to Historica – Part VII: Goldsmelter

The 7th building is a goldsmelter:

10821250403_b400fbb4fb_o.png

10821094184_5905ceb098_o.png

10820979536_fcf0c997cb_o.jpg

And this was the last building I designed. I'm not telling that it is finished, but can't promise there will be any more buildings in the series.

My previous buildings: pinewood cutter, pinewood forester, bookbinder, mill, bakery, lettersmith

Edited by rogueang

Great liquid gold effect in the second picture :thumbup: The round section of the building and its roof look superb. Excellent stone texturing throughout the whole building. If you don't continue with more Settlers builds, will you do a different series of builds?

I love the flowing molten gold :thumbup: and the tower roof is great. I find doing round roofs one of the hardest things in Lego. great work!

I really like how the smelter can tip over. Also, consider that round tower construction technique stolen. :innocent: Looks like it can be scaled to any diameter and is also suitable for compound curves. :thumbup:

If you don't continue with more Settlers builds, will you do a different series of builds?

It doesn't mean that I won't build anything else in the future, don't worry :classic: I'm planning to build some things for the Age of Mitgardia free build, but my building-calendar is full until the end of this year, so maybe after it. Or you have something in your mind (which can't be built in real bricks, otherwise you could build it yourself)?

Also, consider that round tower construction technique stolen. :innocent: Looks like it can be scaled to any diameter and is also suitable for compound curves. :thumbup:

I used hinges for the round tower, which I think is a well-known technique for round things and surely not my invention. So you don't steal it from me, only steal further. :laugh: Not any diameter, since you can use only angles that are divisors of 360°. But there are plenty of them, so it can use for a wide variety of diameters, yes.

Edited by Yooha

Nice conclusion to the series, maybe not my favourite of the builds but definitely some nice techniques used here as well! :classic:

Best in this one is I think the round tower and its roof, as well as the molten gold.