Sign in to follow this  
Yooha

The Settlers go to Historica – Part IV: Mill

The windmill and texture of the roofs are what stood out to me most :thumbup: The sails on the windmill and the roof are both great. I like how the storage building is slightly lifted off the ground as well. One of my favorite builds from your Settlers series :classic:

Nice thatched roof design! Are all those pieces available "for real" as well?

I usually have a more or less "meh" attitude towards the digital LEGO stuff. This however, has all sorts of awesome techniques going on. That and it's downright pretty.

Please, keep this up. :thumbup:

Nice! Love the thatch roof! The round tower and roof (any hints on the technique?) are great! Love the courtyard! Nice technique on the wind mill! :classic::thumbup:

Excellent build, Yooha, even if it is LDD :wink:

It all looks great, but the best parts are the windmill and the roofs of the house and shop (?) :thumbup:

Edited by Garmadon

Thanks everyone! I'm trying to keep these up.

Nice thatched roof design! Are all those pieces available "for real" as well?

What is surely not available are the roof tiles above the entrance of the building. Those are gold bars. :sweet: I don't know the others.

What program do u use to make these digital models?

The designing is made by Lego Digital Designer, I convert it with LDD-to-POVRay, and the rendering is by POVRay.

Nice! Love the thatch roof! The round tower and roof (any hints on the technique?) are great! Love the courtyard! Nice technique on the wind mill! :classic::thumbup:

I hope this picture will help you.:

10375777543_827a9c5063_z.jpg

The roof and the windmill's oar(?) is held by a pillar in the middle of the building. So it isn't attached with the walls, even though I think it should hold IRL. Maybe some counter-balance at the other end of the technic axis, which is not present on this picture. And there are a lot hinged plates in the wall with many 1x1 round plates and 1x1 round tiles.

Excellent build, Yooha, even if it is LDD :wink:

It all looks great, but the best parts are the windmill and the roofs of the house and shop (?) :thumbup:

It is excellent because it's LDD :devil:

Telling the truth, I don't know whether it is a shop or not. I think it is a smaller mill: there is a hand-mill next to it.

Edited by Yooha

Another excellent design - you really have a great eye for unconventional roof shapes! I'm really enjoying your "settlers" designs. :sweet: The only thing i'd suggest is to recess the door into the windmill - it looks a bit odd being flush with the wall.

Oh I love this thing you are doing with the settlers! This is such a little beauty! The roofs are just great! I have to borrow that cart design!