Sign in to follow this  
kabel

AoM - Farm Phase II: Toiling the fields

My second installment in the AoM farm catagory. Link to Phase 1.

Spring has finally come to Mitgardia and for most Northerners that is good news. But for the famers this means the beginning of the hardest time of the year. Weeds need to be pulled, rocks collected and the new crops needs a lot of attention, as the soil in the North is not really that rich.

10324822313_585ef5ec91_c.jpg

Even kids have their duty on the fields, anybody can collect those rocks. And easy with the manure, Paul!

10324660735_1922ffb1fa_c.jpg

So who needs those town folks and their romantic attitude towards spring? Go away rich boy!

10324677046_d024e9bce7_c.jpg

Really nice scene, I especially love that stone wall :classic:

The field is also nice and uneven, and it looks like a lot of work to get rid of all those weeds!

It looks like the lego world desperately needs a hoe.

Great work. The really like the minifigures expressions, I can understand how terrible spring can be for them.

Nice little story, and great wall! I love the cart as well! Some critique, if you made the irregular baseplate edge with the angled plates, instead of just plates, it would smooth it out and look a lot better. But that is just my 2 cents. Other than that, really great moc!

Nice use of the tomahawk accessory! I also really like how you used small leaves along the top of the wall :thumbup:

Excellent build all around :classic:

That really looks like part of a field, I can't wait to see phase 3

Edited by Bkrosell

Those bright green leaves in the tree work well for spring, I've never thought of using them before as they're *really* bright. Thanks for showing me otherwise.

Hey kabel, this looks so nice. I like the wall and the cart. And I feel sorry for the farmer, the look on his face is really showing that he's not so happy about the spring, nor the little one. I hope his hard work will have some results later!

And I hope that rich boy will fall in the ditch somewhere :laugh:

Great and lovely scene! Thanks for sharing! :wub:

:thumbup:

Sweet moc nene! The wall is great, and the foliage looks very controlled, often people either dont qdd enough or splurge out, but for this scene, youve aced it.

I hope you don't mind that I'm bumping this, I haven't had the chance to thank the commenters as I was gone and without internet the last ten days.

@cbb: with all my bricks in the Thorshaven layout, I'm down to building smaller mocs. Glad you still like it!

@yooha: a hoe is definetely something Lego hasn't given us yet and I know that the tomahawk doesn't fulfull the pupose quite as well.

@RM: I have to admit that the wall isn't my design but merely my first attempt at doing a DC kind of wall

@mrcp: the bright green works well for spring but also for birch trees, I actually use them rather frequently as birches are definetly very Mitgardian