Sign in to follow this  
CMP

(SoNE) Don't Look Down

10163521003_eb54f87cb8_c.jpg

[Datalog:]

[Datalog: 0000064//Designation: TK-671//: Assignment: Inspect Integrity Strut 394]

Back on the ice cube. Last assignment....did not go well. There was a spice freighter, and a power malfunction, and I...may not have been paying attention to the viewscreen, but come on, the peripheral vision in this mask sucks, I probably wouldn't've been able to see it anyway.

So now I'm supposed to wander out into the frozen wastes to check on a single stupid integrity strut. Why the hell are we even trying to build stuff here? There's snowstorms every other day, integrity or not.

[Datalog: 0000067//Designation: TK-671//: Assignment: Inspect Integrity Strut 394]

Okay. So I'm in a little bit of a fix here.

I was leaving camp for the day after dinner when I realized: I left my favorite cup behind! I mean, without that, I'd be dead out here! That thing meant everything to me!!

Oh, and I left my blaster too, so I thought I'd pick that up.

Anyway...there was a grapnel malfunction - entirely coincidental and the fault of nobody - and I'm kind of stuck here. I can still reach my data recorder, though my comlink...well, slipped. It's alright, though, as long as I can keep up a constant stream of recording, they'll be able to locate me once I don't show up back at base.

Actually, I think if I twist just a little bit, I can re

[Datalog ERROR, CRITICAL DAMAGE SUSTAINED]

I'd like this judged.

Mostly I just wanted to see if I could improve on the windswept snow technique I used in Daily Maintenance and do some rockwork. Most of my builds are going to be land-based, I can promise you that much. :tongue: I'm pretty pleased with how the verticality of the build came out. SNOT is awesome. :grin:

Nice SNOT usage, but I'd suggest to cover all the studs when doing rocks. Also what is the technic piece supposed to be? If it's a part of structure, it'd be better to make it light gray to make different than rocks. The smooth snow always looks nice.

Nice SNOT usage, but I'd suggest to cover all the studs when doing rocks. Also what is the technic piece supposed to be? If it's a part of structure, it'd be better to make it light gray to make different than rocks. The smooth snow always looks nice.

Didn't have enough tiles (and plates; if I just tiled it over now, the slopes would sink awkwardly into the cliffside itself) and the technic piece is the integrity strut mentioned. Mostly it's to keep stuff from collapsing. I would've made it light gray if I could've.

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particulat the story, very funny :laugh:

Your rock and snow work is getting better, and the writing is great as always. :laugh: Like MstrOfPppts said, that 6x4 area in the middle of the rocks looks a little out of place, but instead of tiling it; I'd just add in some cheese slopes or something to give it more texture without making it too flat and smooth.