Sign in to follow this  
CMP

(SoNE) Kinda Sorta Homely-ish a Little

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

10066084033_ea00438a0c_c.jpg

[Datalog:]

[Datalog: 0000062//Designation: TK-671//:Assignment: Man Tractor Beam 7, Imperial-II Class Avenger]

Almost two months since I've joined the Empire. Things aren't as bad as they made it out to be back home. They drop you somewhere, you keep a record of whatever you're doing, you do whatever they say. It's like any other job.

My assignment on Cloud City....did not go well. I may have...accidentally, well....[REDACTED] but I swear it wasn't me that spilled it, no matter what recordings they have of it! In any case, I'm back on the Avenger and awaiting my next assignment. I get to man one of the tractor beams. I realized pretty early on I was going to be the only person down here, so I thought I'd move some my stuff in. Technically we aren't strictly allowed to really OWN stuff, but, well, TK-584 is pretty good at getting things snuck around on-board...he says he knows a guy who knows a guy. I think it's TK-389, personally, but whatever. Having my stuff with me is a pretty helpful reminder that I'm not just a faceless soldier. None of us are. Damn Rebels like to think we're all the same.

I mean, SOME of us are, but I haven't run into any of those old clones yet.

So far I've got my old holoprojector (Twi'leks haven't changed at all.), some of those aurvivienne plants from back home, and a bunch of other stuff too. Plus, TK-703 manages to get us all some Corellien Brandy once in a while.

Oh. And I've got Warren's helmet. Apparently his little stint with the Rebels was even shorter than I thought. Why are all my old friends just suicidal? The Empire isn't the kind of enemy that gets beat..it's only a matter of time until we finally crush the Alliance and bring some well-needed peace to everyone in the galaxy. This may not exactly be the kind of stuff I expected to do once I graduated the Academy, but if it's going to that same cause, I'd go on tauntaun clean-up duty again. (I really wouldn't, though.)

I oughta get back to work now. I'm still trying to figure out what this 'Safety: On' switch for the tractor beam does. Of course it's safe, it's a tractor beam, not a laser cannon. Who designed these ships?

I'd like this to be judged. :classic:

Here's the edited shot.

10066083923_78c9e7c67a_o.jpg

You can take off your helmet while no one is looking, specially on the safety of the ship, I been on boring asignments too, try with a automatized dejarick board or a sabacc deck, those are easy to smuggle.

Thanks for the comments, I added in another (smaller) shot with everything all prettied up. :grin:

I hope I captured the look of a Star Destroyer. I took the window design straight from the bridge of the Executor, and tried to fit in as many tiles as I could.

Edited by CallMePie

I will borrow your window design for my next MOC if you don't mind ofcourse.

Sure. :sweet: It's super simple, but I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

I'm just not too fond of the black tiles on the ground, else it's a quite little build. I have something similar planned for the near future. Interesting to see what troopers do when not on duty. I really missed that in the movies. There they always just march around, stand guard or are in a fight. Noone even ever takes the helmet off ... but so didn't your guy :tongue:

I'm just not too fond of the black tiles on the ground, else it's a quite little build. I have something similar planned for the near future. Interesting to see what troopers do when not on duty. I really missed that in the movies. There they always just march around, stand guard or are in a fight. Noone even ever takes the helmet off ... but so didn't your guy :tongue:

One sure thing is that they don't practice at firing :laugh:

I'm just not too fond of the black tiles on the ground, else it's a quite little build.

It was the best solution I could come up with other than leaving the floor as it was, and it didn't look right. I don't have nearly enough regular black tiles to do it all. :blush:

Your story to go with the MOC is terrific. :classic: I like the design of a room on a Star Destroyer arranged like the command station of the Devastator in Star Wars, but I wish it was a little bigger because it took me a while to realize that it wasn't a room in a base on a planet. Maybe some greebles and wires and displays and other things associated with tractor beam generators would help.

The addition of the plant in the room is very funny. It reminds me of the rooms on the enterprise with the large windows.

Edited by kermit

I love the story you've made for this. The build is nice, but it's the story that really stands out. And just know, there are some of us who still like exposed studs on the ground. Some of us have been around Legos a verrry long time. The whole "cover-every-exposed-stud-with-a-tile" idea is a fairly new one in the history of Lego MOCs.