I experimented with some more landscaping techniques: SNOT rocks, overhanging angled plates, and using trans clear as melting snow/ice. Credit for the torso/arm combo goes to Torgar.

Two Mitgardian hunters ride their horses through the plains of Valholl:

overview.jpg

left.JPG

right.JPG

Any C&C appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Thats awesome, the light bley rocks work perfectly here

Thanks Legonardo, your builds made me want to try something like this. And I'm glad you like the bley, I don't use it for rocks too often, but I like it with dark tan :classic:

Love the bley! Nice work with the olive too! This has a great atmosphere SK, it looks like something you'd see in the LOTR movies! :classic::thumbup:

This actually Looks more Tundra than valholl plains to me, but i love it non the less, great stuff sk!

it looks like something you'd see in the LOTR movies! :classic::thumbup:

You mean New Zealand? :tongue:

Ha, ha, I guess. Never been there myself. :tongue:

Love the bley! Nice work with the olive too! This has a great atmosphere SK, it looks like something you'd see in the LOTR movies! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks Infernum, and it does look like that :classic:

This actually Looks more Tundra than valholl plains to me, but i love it non the less, great stuff sk!

Yeah, I wasn't sure which one to put it in. The Valholl Plains didn't have any builds yet so that was what made me go with it :classic:

You mean there's a difference!? :laugh:

Looks awesome! Any plans to do a larger scene with this style of landscape?

Thanks Captain! And as to your question, maybe :wink:

I absolutely love the outcome of your experimentation! :wub: I think I might steal this for future builds. :classic: Good work with the ice/snow effects.

I love the angled plates. Did you use a hinge or a clip to get that effect?

I always adimre those who can imitate the ground and flora that effective. Semi-melted snow I see? The hinged(?) tan plate looks very good, I might to steal that ides. :)

Agreed, it looks so natural! :thumbup:

I absolutely love the outcome of your experimentation! :wub: I think I might steal this for future builds. :classic: Good work with the ice/snow effects.

Thank you, glad you like the ice/snow design :classic:

Thanks, I used hinges for the angled plates :classic:

I always adimre those who can imitate the ground and flora that effective. Semi-melted snow I see? The hinged(?) tan plate looks very good, I might to steal that ides. :)

Thanks Yooha!

Agreed, it looks so natural! :thumbup:

Thanks Ecc, I plan to use that technique quite a bit in the future :classic:

Awesome little scene. It makes he people look like they are on a quest.

Thanks!

You are cranking out these Mitgardian builds! I can see why you are Mitgardia's moccing machine! :wink: Beautiful angles, and lovely landscape work! Another wonderful creation Isaac!

You are cranking out these Mitgardian builds! I can see why you are Mitgardia's moccing machine! :wink: Beautiful angles, and lovely landscape work! Another wonderful creation Isaac!

Thanks, and this is nothing. I once built 17 MOCs in one month, all of which were a fair bit larger than these vignettes. However now I'm focusing more on making really impressive builds. These last two vignettes were just to let me experiment with some techniques on a small scale. My next project is a lot bigger.

Great stuff! This is a nice variation on what Infernum started with his Yeti Hunt. I think if this olive leaf & clear plate trend continues we could have something very solid for what the Plains of Valholl and southern tundra look like. :thumbup:

Great stuff! This is a nice variation on what Infernum started with his Yeti Hunt. I think if this olive leaf & clear plate trend continues we could have something very solid for what the Plains of Valholl and southern tundra look like. :thumbup:

Thanks! I think the olive green/clear plate combo works really well for the slightly warmer sections of Mitgardia :classic:

Reminds me of the landscape in Skyrim (not that ive ever played it, but have seen it and may be studying it for a collab next year :classic: )