Sign in to follow this  
Scorpiox

MOC: Mandalorian Assualt Vehicle

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello there, fine fellows of the Star Wars forum.

Having recently played Star Wars: KOTOR to death, especially loving Canderous and the Mandalorian aspects, I decided to finally get around to making something for the forum and the Warriors of Mandalore in one swift model.

And here it is, Scorpiox' Mandalorian Assualt Vehicle. The design itself is based on no material other than my own imagination, a delve into my creative subconscious as it were. Certain aspects of the vehicle, such as the rear gun area and the overall aesthetic, took inspiration from the 2012 Mandalorian Battle Pack, however. The craft is manned by Mandalorians who the internet tells me are members of the Death Watch - something I know nothing about but sounds cool nonetheless.

In the Star Wars universe, I imagine that this assualt vehicle would be used for infantry/equipment transport and as a fast attack weapons platform.

But anyway, enough of my ramblings... I shall let the pictures speak from now-on:

introview.jpg

Close-up front view of the vehicle. Here you can see the plasma cannons and a heavy laser repeater built into the struction.

closeleftview.jpg

A different angle of the front of the vehicle. On display here are the pilot's cockpit and control area. Behind him is a Mandalorian Death Watch trooper armed with a repeating blaster stood on the flat transport surface.

rearcloseup.jpg

A close-up view of the aforementioned rear-mounted chain-laser repeater.

toprightview.jpg

A high-angle view of the whole craft and its crew. Here you can better see the transport area.

emptyfrontview.jpg

One final shot of the front, this time without the crew. In the foreground you can see an unused weapon-mounting, similar to the one that's currently holding the heavy laser repeater on the other side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that you enjoyed viewing my MOC, please feel free to leave whatever comments you wish to in this thread. Criticism and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

For your added interest, here is a link to my Brickshelf folder, which contains a couple or extra shots of the vehicle by itself if you would like to see them.

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to come here. :sweet:

EDIT: Added the link that I promised but forgot to deliver on.

That's a really nice assault bike/platform. I wonder if there would be photos for side views with small aperture :)

emptyreargun.jpg

Here is one more that I hope shows what you would like to see.

:classic:

This really fits in with the Mandalorian style we've seen lately in CW, but angular enough that it still looks overall generic Star Wars-ish, as a customized speeder probably should. :thumbup:

I like this a lot. It really does look like something from Mandalore. Now my Death Watch guys are going to want some of these for themselves. :laugh:

The color and aesthetic are just right.

Nice build Scorpiox, looks pretty nice! :classic::thumbup: The colors look good as well as the shape of the vehicle.

I like the shaping it has the cubist blocky style of the TCW Mandos along with a good colour scheme.