domino39

MOC The manor house of the horrors

Hello,

Here is my last realization the manor house of the horrors. My two accomplice Clicketbrick and N3rik68 realized the cemetery and the pond who are of every quoted of the manor house.

1.jpgClicketbrick, domino39 and N3rik68 at Fana'briaques 2013

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpgRight part by N3rick68

8.jpgleft part by Clicketbrick

5.jpg

6.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Other photos shall come with explanations

Edited by domino39

Very nice! All the little details and textures. Looks like a place to avoid!

Andy D

That's beautiful right there! There's so much detail on everything, the house, the graveyard, etc. Can't wait for more pictures.

The house is lovely - lots of details all over the place. The complete interior great too. I like all the little details, especially the layers of soil, sewage pipe, rats' tunnels and the Mystery Machine.

I see new things every time, such as the cracks in the house's stonework. Great job, and I hope the event was a success for you all.

I always wanted to live in a haunted house (well not at 2AM after watching horror movies, but other than that). This one would be a nice one to live in. Good job, I like the details on the house, and especially underground. +1 for the ghost train face usage.

This is amazing. All the little scenes (both hints to movies as creative finds), the fine architecture (and look at those different wallpapers, those curtains...), the great sub-builds (that small gate for example), the textures and wheatering (that cracks in the facade and in the ground really add to it) make this scene terrific.

Wow, this is just ultrafantastic...soo much to view/discover! Well done!!!

It is overwhelming with its sheer number of mini plots and details!

Congratulations on a wild and crazy build....you may have gone over the top on this one! I am hanging on for dear life just viewing it on the screen!

Wild, crazy and very COOL mega MOC.......adding the movie and TV themes to it all......AWESOME !

Brick On Scare On 'domino39' ! :grin:

Okay, I got Saw, The Addams Family, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Shining, The Walking Dead, Psycho, Scooby-Doo, Se7en, a possible Texas Chainsaw and "something that might be the book HeartSick but is probably something much more obvious that I'm forgetting". That's like an entire weekend of hardcore horror watching in one MOC, and that's not even half of the actual piece! Awesome work, guys.

I agree with everyone else's comments, but the flames on the roof deserves a special mention. They are the most realistic I've seen.

There's so much to take in and enjoy here. Congratulations on such an epic, monumental build.

Fantastic piece of work there! :thumbup: Love the house and all the great details, love the MOC trees, love the landscaping, love the diorama that is going on, love the... love everything!! :wink:

Okay, I got Saw, The Addams Family, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Shining, The Walking Dead, Psycho, Scooby-Doo, Se7en, a possible Texas Chainsaw and "something that might be the book HeartSick but is probably something much more obvious that I'm forgetting". That's like an entire weekend of hardcore horror watching in one MOC, and that's not even half of the actual piece! Awesome work, guys.

I think maybe Chucky from Child's Play in the attic, too?

I'm really interested in seeing more pics and maybe some sort of number system to identify each scene. ;)

I didn't spot Se7en, but noticed The Ring and Silence of The Lambs on top of those mentioned. Great job capturing so many iconic movie/TV scenes, an extremely atmospheric build! Amazing!

I too, had a lot of fun identifying all the pop culture horror references. So many beautiful items to list, just one amazing bit of detail right after the other. The Winnebago camper is also nice enough to be in any MOC by itself! Great job you guys. :laugh:

As a long time horror fan I think this MOC looks great. I love all the little movie scenes, particularly Saw in the basement with Freddy Krueger lurking next door and the Psycho shower scene. Can I ask which movie is in the room above Saw? Looks like someones left the oven door open :devil: . Great work. Oh and my first post, hello everyone.

Fantastic build! The fire in the house looks fantastic and I love the giant evil tree! There is a lot to love about this huge MOC. Great job guys! :thumbup:

Hmm, I was looking for Silence of the Lambs, actually... which one is that?

Buttom right on the left side looks to me like Hannibal Lector strapped.

Love it! I would really love to have a close up of the Mystery Machine and the gang as well.

Also, is that a Hostile reference in the basement?

Edited by jluckhaupt

Really interesting build. I'm not much of a horror movie person, I prefer to sleep at night with happy thoughts. But you've nailed some of the major scenes of these movies.

The scale is amazing by itself. You can see the Haunted House in the back and just imagine the size difference between them makes it really impressive. The color scheme works well.

Nice floor in the Addam's Family room. I used that same combination in my Winter Village MOC this past winter.

I may have to borrow that Winnebago design. Brilliant collaboration people!

I didn't spot Se7en, but noticed The Ring and Silence of The Lambs on top of those mentioned.

Of course! Silence of the Lambs is the one that I thought might be HeartSick. I knew it was something more obvious!

The Winnebago also works as a reference to From Dusk Til Dawn. I actually thought that was what it was at first, but the characters weren't "lining up" for me. I haven't seen any Walking Dead yet.