Kai NRG

Inside Kaliphlin: Day 11 One Year Party

One year ago the day before a month from now today I joined GoH with a silly little post... (just to make it clear I joined July 25th... but since free-builds end in June I'm going to get it in now... and silly me didn't check and thought it was the 26th instead of 25th... :tongue: ) Oh well, close enough!

9143365922_48694d4340.jpg

In celebration of the momentous event, Ageven had a retreat built, right on the outskirts of the Withered Woods:

9143368210_81acab3fe4.jpg

Apologies to those of you whose sig-figs were wandering in the rest of the elaborate gardens!

9141139471_f309bbbc99.jpg

9143366996_93fd13d545.jpg

From left to right; Cara, Damaximus, Kabel (half behind the Kaliphlin flag pole) Dr. Rod, Legonardo, Gad (just his head), Gideon, and Erynlasgalen.

9143367778_78bbea9e5a.jpg

A random Valaryian, equally random Falcon (Captain Nemo), with Masa and Jason on the other side...

9143367384_117598132b.jpg

9143367288_8bff19f0ef.jpg

Prepare for the feast! Actually those torsos work better than I had expected...

9143367572_3dece8f92e.jpg

I just love that horse design...

9143367402_067a1ee3e4.jpg

And the star of the show... a massive cake! :drool:

9143367898_152c4d07c8.jpg

Threw in a smaller cake in case there wasn't enough. And because I've been wanting to use the ruff like that and finally found a way!

9143366070_4e29313c5b.jpg

C&C welcome! This is I think my biggest (other than my Botanical Gardens which will reign supreme I believe), and probably one of my best! I hope you enjoyed it, I only wish I had actually joined GoH a year ago today... but this way I might just have to do two parties! :grin:

Happy anniversary! Lots to like here, I especially think the canopy and the fruit bowl are brilliant details. And the cake is.... :moar: :moar: :moar:

Happy anniversary from me too :wink: Great work with all :wink:

Coool :laugh: Another party :laugh:

Thx for including me :sweet:

So many great things in here, like the statue, the cake, the detailing! & the mini cake is brilliant!

It is wonderful to see how good a builder you are becoming! This build is excellent with a lot of nice details to like :classic:

The small cake is an example of really clever parts usage!

Thanks guys!

Coool :laugh: Another party :laugh:

Thx for including me :sweet: ...

Yeah, seems to be party time! (Though I'm working on a build that is the reverse of party now...) You were easy... I just had to go grab you off my brother's build... :grin:

It is wonderful to see how good a builder you are becoming! This build is excellent with a lot of nice details to like :classic:

The small cake is an example of really clever parts usage!

Thanks Gideon, I hope I keep improving!

Congrats on the almost anniversary! Very cool statue and that is one of the best cakes I have scene in Lego!

I bet the tourists had no idea they were coming to a party today!!!

Awesome statue there and also great moc, love the cakes.

Btw congrats to the soon to be 1 year anniversary :sweet:

Ha, ha! This is awesome! :laugh:! Congrats on an awesome year! That cake looks delicious... :drool:

Excellent celebratory scene! The pavilion area is great, nice fruit-bowl :thumbup: and the statue fits well :thumbup: Great cakes too, the frosting dripping of the larger one looks very realistic :classic:

Cool!! Glad I was there but I don't think my present arrived yet..

Great cake, but it was a bit dry :tongue:

Dr Rod

hey kai, great cake and many other cool things! And thanks for putting Steen in, although he usually wears a different set of chainmail :wink:

Thanks to everybody! Appreciate all the comments!

Cool!! Glad I was there but I don't think my present arrived yet..

Great cake, but it was a bit dry :tongue:

Dr Rod

Thanks! I hope the well-salted fish made up for it? :grin:

hey kai, great cake and many other cool things! And thanks for putting Steen in, although he usually wears a different set of chainmail :wink:

Thanks Kabel! Oh yeah... knew I had gone wrong somewhere there... :look:

This is an awesome MOC and totally a surprise! Love how you designed the cakes! Masa is looking a little ragged there, I think its time for him to go buy some new clothes. :laugh: (I have several new clothes for him as he returns to using his Mikel Kalores alias and his elemental form. I just need to find time to post them)

Great cake(s)! The canopy is great also and the statue too (even though it has been a while since I've seen a three-legged horse :laugh::tongue: ).

...You were easy... I just had to go grab you off my brother's build... :grin:

Ha! :laugh::wink:

The giant cake is absolutely brilliant, especially the use of the diamond as fire. Also very nice details like the statue and the bowl filled with fruit! :thumbup:

About the new torso's, they still don't do it for me. Somehow they look a bit duplo like to me.

This is an awesome MOC and totally a surprise! Love how you designed the cakes! Masa is looking a little ragged there, I think its time for him to go buy some new clothes. :laugh: (I have several new clothes for him as he returns to using his Mikel Kalores alias and his elemental form. I just need to find time to post them)

Thanks Masa! I debated whether to post a WIP or not... but I wanted to keep it secret! :grin: Oh yes... that cape has seen better days... :tongue:

Great cake(s)! The canopy is great also and the statue too (even though it has been a while since I've seen a three-legged horse :laugh::tongue: )...

That's why you should visit Kaliphlin more often! All kinds of three-legged horses! :tongue::laugh:

The horse statue is great. the cake is cute too. Excellent work!

Thanks a ton Z!

The giant cake is absolutely brilliant, especially the use of the diamond as fire. Also very nice details like the statue and the bowl filled with fruit! :thumbup:

About the new torso's, they still don't do it for me. Somehow they look a bit duplo like to me.

Thanks Ecc! I know what you mean about the torsos, I've had the same feeling about some others sometimes...

Very cool Kai! A lot of really neat details in here. I can't believe it's only been a year...