Sebeus I

Barqonian Intruder

(Free build)

After the effective Barqonian Interceptor a new sea-going craft makes its appearance...

dsc09668.jpg

The Barqonian Intruder, a submersible designed to travel (short) distances unnoticed.

I am currently in a 'submarine' mood and since Damaximus and Synbiote suggested that such craft would actually fit in the world of Historica (or more specific Kaliphlin, which is after all most advanced in Sea-based technology :grin: ) I decided to give it a try.

I grabbed my box of old brown and within minutes I had a design, perhaps not completely new as this craft shows some similarities to one of my earlier MOCs (Submersible Intercept Craft: AquaShark).

1.jpg

2.jpg

Because this creation advanced so fast I forgot about a quite important aspect, air supply. There's no use in having a submarine if you can't use it longer than you can hold your breath :laugh: . I have to find something for that.

dsc09670.jpg

dsc09672.jpg

dsc09660.jpg

I hope you like it, the Intruder is scheduled for its maiden voyage in November at Mpya Stedor (Brickmania Antwerpen)

More pictures will be available at Brickshelf (once public)

Edited by Sebeus I

Okay, there are those pictures and a cool explanation.

I really like the design of this, it does have a pretty cool old-timey submarine look, and it is not too advanced which is awesome. Keep up the good work!

That does explain it more. Nice pictures, a fearsome little vessel... I suppose it would be used mostly for reconnaissance?

Nice submarine ante-litteram :thumbup: :thumbup:

I gues I woulnd't be putting this into my medieval ship index :laugh:

As far as air supply, you could have a hollow tube extending from the top. The sub just couldn't dive too deep.

Thanks for the feedback.

That does explain it more. Nice pictures, a fearsome little vessel... I suppose it would be used mostly for reconnaissance?

Yes but also for transporting goods.

I gues I woulnd't be putting this into my medieval ship index :laugh:

Hehe, indeed :grin: .

As far as air supply, you could have a hollow tube extending from the top. The sub just couldn't dive too deep.

That's a good Idea, I might just do that :wink: .

Definitely looks like it uses state-of-the-art Kaliphlin naval technology! But it still looks like it's at least as dangerous to use as to be attacked by it :wink:

Speaking of which, what kind of weapon can it use? Or is it purely an observational vessel?

Definitely looks like it uses state-of-the-art Kaliphlin naval technology! But it still looks like it's at least as dangerous to use as to be attacked by it :wink:

Speaking of which, what kind of weapon can it use? Or is it purely an observational vessel?

So far it doesn't have any attached weapons but being invisible is kind of a weapon on its own I think.

During the safety procedure (when the submersible is to be abondoned) the external ballast detaches to reduce weight so (hopefully) it comes floating on the surface :laugh:

And ofcourse there's the escape hatch to allow the operator to swim to safety :grin: .

Wow, never expected such a nice result so fast!!! :laugh:

The shape looks really cool! :classic:

I am really looking forward to its maiden voyage!! :classic: