Sign in to follow this  
solarno

10240 Red Five X-Wing Build Time Lapse Video

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hello everyone! A week ago I put together a time lapse video of my build of the new Red Five W-Wing set. It's a fantastic kit that I had a blast assembling.

It's also an absolute beast when compared to my original 1999 7140 X-Wing kit, which now looks downright cute next to the new Red Five kit.

post-55765-0-36434100-1369556034_thumb.jpg

Cheers!

Jim

Nicely done, thanks for sharing!

These X-Wings sure have come a long way, though I still have a massive soft spot for 7140.

Nicely done, thanks for sharing!

These X-Wings sure have come a long way, though I still have a massive soft spot for 7140.

Thank you Z06! I love my 7140. It was my first Star Wars kit, and I was rather distraught when I thought it had disappeared after a move a few years back.

Thanks for saving me from having to buy & build this set. I like watching stop-motion of building sets, particularly ones I'm not wanting to pay for. Time lapse is just as good.

I notice that you build multiple identical things at once rather than one after the other, that's what I do too. I get so bored at building the same rocket engine again and again... much better to do them all at once.

Thanks for saving me from having to buy & build this set. I like watching stop-motion of building sets, particularly ones I'm not wanting to pay for. Time lapse is just as good.

I notice that you build multiple identical things at once rather than one after the other, that's what I do too. I get so bored at building the same rocket engine again and again... much better to do them all at once.

Thanks for the comments Artanis. I didn't mean to necessarily build the wings or engines at one time versus one at a time, it's just seemed to make sense to do it that way. Though I'm sure other would disagree. :wink:

At to living vicariously through assembly videos posted by others... I totally get it as I've done the same many times. I was apprehensive about dropping $200 on a single LEGO kit that would then just turn into a museum piece as much of the fun of LEGO is the putting it together part. BUt then I thought, I love LEGO, and I love Star Wars, and gosh darn it, I'm worth this momentary splurge. It is an extravagance, but a pleasant one as the X-Wing kicks butt. I certainly won't be buying the Super Star Destroyer or Death Star any time soon.