Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafia Mafia - Confirmation and Discussion

[banner Pending]

The Story

Once upon a time in the land of Mafia, a new Host was putting together a game! He had all the characters and everything, and was oh-so-excited. Things were looking up for him. But then, as one might suspect, he was murdered. It was a plot device.

The murder was done by a bad group of nasty Mafia characters who decided that murdering each other over and over again wasn't really their thing anymore. This nasty group of 6 individuals decided they would break the cycle by breaking out a Mafia Land. But, of course, the loyal townies got in their way. Someone called up a new Host (Zepher) and asked if he couldn't lead a bit of a game to try to catch these scummy murderers in Mafia Land.

Zepher arrived on the scene, ready to set up the game. Unfortunately, he found the office of the previous Host ransacked, and a copy of all of his notes missing. Zepher was distraught. Clearly, the scum had stolen the notes on the game and would know all the rules. Now, Zepher didn't want to design a whole new game (he was sort of lazy) and had been planning on simply copying the rules and roles that the old host had made up. Zepher decided that instead of making a new game, he'd just release the rules to everyone, to make it fair.

THE DESIGN

23 Players

16 Town - 6 Scum - 1 SK

The Day

24 Hour Safe Period - 48 Hour Voting Period - 24 Hour Night Period (With a full exciting 20 hour period to submit night actions!)

Some time before the 24 Hour Mark, the Pill Cart will be rolled out. The time will be randomized each day, to be fair to timezones. The time will be chosen by Random.org. The Pills will effect that night or the following day.

The Pills

"God Pill" (Effect the following day, will not be removed from play) - 2 Uppers (Night action may be used twice) - 2 Lifesavers (Will be safe from a kill that night) - 16 Placebos (No Effect) - 2 Downers (Night action may not be performed)

-If a person holding a pill is lynched or killed, the pill is removed from play-

The Night Actions

Town and Scum have NEARLY IDENTICAL ROLES with only a few tweaks to change for their sides.

JOAT

Town: Investigator/Protector Scum: Framer (2 Shot)/Protector/Janitor (1 Shot)

Role Cop

Killer

Blocker

Inventor

Can invent a net (blocker), shield (protector), magnifying glass (investigation), or pistol (kill action). Bulletproof. Inscrutable (all investigation attempts including role cop will come up as "unsuccessful"). The inventor may either gift his invention, or create a new one, he may not do both on the same night.

Universal Back-Up

-When a scum with an action dies, the scum team may choose to drop an action and retain the one they would have lost.-

Serial Killer

Bulletproof. Hard to Read (If an investigator investigates him, the result will be "unsuccessful", but a role cop will receive the result of "killer".). Killer

Role PM's

Town: Character - Town - Night Action(s)

Scum: Character - Scum - Night Action(s) - List of Fellow Scum's Names

SK: Character - SK - Night Actions

Win Conditions

Town: Kill the Scum + SK

Scum: Outnumber the Town + SK

SK: Two other players alive, with no other win conditions met.

THE CAST (In the Order I thought them up)

(Please remember, with the system being totally random, the characters have nothing to do with affiliation/NA)

63cc31e2-0ef8-4ba6-8f51-7662f042b6fe_zps8dc8824c.jpgThe Night Action Blacked-Out Dude (Bob) - A fiend in the evening. :wink:

a84646b1-1c9e-45ed-bf73-a6a1780f116c_zps08e10e2d.jpgThe Role Cop (KielDaMan) - Watches you while you don't sleep.

805df0ae-7274-4567-a9aa-c688fa7f0c00_zpse3290846.jpgThe Godfather (Kadabra) - Doesn't he look like a pretty normal dude? Just wearing a track suit or something. Clearly not a mob boss. :look:

3299144f-4bda-4005-8b25-d568561206bb_zps6c2b178a.jpgThe Cult Leader (Rufus) - Rather mysterious.

4cd57cbc-9b31-44a6-8186-d0711aca19ea_zps33eb08cc.jpgThe Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam) - Rather less mysterious.

edc063c3-db3b-4f34-8f40-f86989cea90d_zps91f729a9.jpgThe Serious Roleplayer (Tamamono) - By day he may be a construction worker, but in his heart, he's a pirate.

f5194e51-cc3e-4c2d-b1db-ddcbb3c5af0c_zps697e148f.jpgThe NPC (Esurient) - Not a player. Seriously, look, he's clearly not supposed to be voted for. Not a player. Maybe we should vote for him.

e4138188-46b3-4ef0-a754-4dc222577dc5_zps51cff2b0.jpgThe Doctor (Piratedave84) - Damn it, Jim, I'm not a Doctor!

b0aa63d9-bc18-4013-97c6-f34c21d5ab99_zps13ad11d0.jpgThe Jester (CallMePie) - My role never serves any purpose!

cc76d9f2-fdf5-4917-9825-22fb71f4f1b8_zps796c0844.jpgThe Cop (def) - Doesn't mess around.

035a4f93-11bb-45d9-a68f-c41da429f376_zps58c1d1c6.jpgThe Goon (fhommess) - Grrrrr.

5d3f840e-b9bb-427e-8aa2-ec81145175df_zpsd1fef372.jpgThe Male Lover (LegoDad) - Works at a Pizza Shop! Loves his wife. Might die without her.

473f15c1-0a58-4e1c-ab7c-11b562f6e5c9_zpsd5f4f6ac.jpgThe Female Lover (Hinckley) - Works as a telemarketer. Loves her husband. Might die without him.

60f55259-c6a4-409e-b233-353b5c83186d_zpsf55eccdd.jpgThe Vanilla Townie (Kristel) - His favorite flavor of ice cream is ironically chocolate.

aaeccb27-673f-461e-82da-9602362c699f_zps3ef8a8a6.jpgThe Serial Killer (Walter Kovacs) - I'm murdering them all because they're different than me.

eaf8e7bb-cd45-4f9b-8c16-802cf1da96b8_zps61e4660c.jpgThe PGO (Purpearljellyblob) - Serving some time for accidentally shooting all of his neighbors.

182c1c60-5c7c-4c2e-b4cd-3e64a3360217_zps5b7d399b.jpgThe Witch (Waterbrick Down) - Pretty sure that everyone else is also witches.

6a424e85-3461-426c-9692-90b7f2aca1d2_zps19f144a6.jpgThe Usurper (TrumpetKing) - Only dresses like you because he admires you, not because he wants to be you!

225c5887-427d-4d61-8fb4-cdf3420f3476_zps0d77c411.jpgThe Treestump (Adam) - Has very little to say. Don't stand too closely. He may explode.

3d50e2f5-e58f-400e-92f7-20086d18260e_zps16196aeb.jpgThe Snake Charmer (Darth Potato) - Every town has a snake charmer. Didn't you know that?

cbabfd6f-3447-4031-a60b-a6848ba0a046_zps3ee6c1cd.jpgThe Talking Animal (mostlytechnic) - A staple of every normal society. Range from camels to Fabuland critters to this thing.

76ea28ed-d214-499d-a032-57fa0b2349e9_zpsead738f3.jpgThe Virgin (Clanure) - Don't f*ck with him.

8ff48219-528d-47a7-b065-d0acc7a60271_zpscb28816c.jpgFirst Day Lynch (Jamesn) - I'm neW @round h3r3!!!!!!! i hope w3 @LL get along :grin::laugh::sweet::blush: !!!!!!!

Edited by Zepher

The Jester here! Somebody kill me, please!! :wub:

The Serial Killer is in the house.

The Jester here! Somebody kill me, please!! :wub:

I certainly will. After all, you are different from me. :devil:

I certainly will. After all, you are different from me. :devil:

I was thinking in more of a lynching kind of way.

Don't you wanna lynch me? Doesn't my heedless grin make you want to just scream out in fury? Would you feel more fulfilled if you were to simply fry my brains out with a toaster in a bathtub, or have the entire town burn me at the stake as me and my silly hat shrivel up like a burnt french fry? I think you all know the answer. :sweet:

I am the Female lover. I love my husband. Who the hell is my husband?

I'm married to LEGODad, yayz! I have a bro-crush on him anyway. I mean, I'm a lady. I don't know why I'd refer to myself as a bro. :look: Cool. I wonder if his kids are my kids...probably not.

You didn't say non-players couldn't post here, so I'm going to post, but I'll move it if it's in the way. :blush: I just wanted to say:

The Snake Charmer - Every town has a snake charmer. Didn't you know that?

:wub:

The Talking Animal - A staple of every normal society. Range from camels to Fabuland critters to this thing.

The Virgin - Don't f*ck with him.

:wub_drool:

Hi, don't mind me, I'just the chocolate-loving vanilla townie.

What happened to my hair? Any chance it will grow back over the course of the game?

O hey guise! I can't wait until the day starts so I can send PMs to arbitrarily chosen people before anyone gets good reads!

You didn't say non-players couldn't post here, so I'm going to post, but I'll move it if it's in the way. :blush: I just wanted to say:

You can put as many :wub: 's in this thread as you want. :grin: Standard discussion thread rules apply - anyone can post, just don't do anything that affects the game!

3299144f-4bda-4005-8b25-d568561206bb_zps6c2b178a.jpgThe Cult Leader (Rufus) - Rather mysterious.

:look:

63cc31e2-0ef8-4ba6-8f51-7662f042b6fe_zps8dc8824c.jpgThe Night Action Blacked-Out Dude (Bob) - A fiend in the evening. :wink:

What do I look like? Who knows?!

I sure don't.

I'm a doctor!!!

I'm ready to play, this setup looks like this will be on hell of an interesting game!

Yarrrr, who be the scallywag 'at thinks 'e can be sendin' a man overboar' withou' walkin' the plank!? We'll be a-comin' fr' ya, sonny boy, say yr prayr's!

Yarrrr, who be the scallywag 'at thinks 'e can be sendin' a man overboar' withou' walkin' the plank!? We'll be a-comin' fr' ya, sonny boy, say yr prayr's!

Please tell me you're going to be talking like this the entire game.

Alright, let's get this party ended. The cop is here.

Looks awesome, Zepher. I love the characters. :wub:

Please tell me you're going to be talking like this the entire game.

What be ya' babblin' on aboot, priv't Shad'wy Figr'!? This har's no game; on th' op'n ocean, it be life 'r death!

Hello. I am a man in a track suit. Please, don't mind me. In fact, you should probably just ignore me. I'm not a mob boss. Pinky promise.

What be ya' babblin' on aboot, priv't Shad'wy Figr'!? This har's no game; on th' op'n ocean, it be life 'r death!

Greeeeat! The roleplayer just had to be a pirate ... This will be a long game!

Quick question for the host/experienced players:

When the pill cart rolls out, do we pick the pills? Is it first come first serve? Can you miss it altogether!?

Quick question for the host/experienced players:

When the pill cart rolls out, do we pick the pills? Is it first come first serve? Can you miss it altogether!?

I went and read a day of Prison Riot; will this be similar where each pill will be randomly assigned to a name and then a preset order will determine who picks what?

So when do we start throwing people in the lake and seeing if they float?

Oh! Oh! Pick me! Me first!