Solscud007

New Keychain LED light minifig: Boba Fett

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

So we have seen Keychain lights of Starwars Minifigs that are 1.75x bigger. (I measured and calculated the difference)

Darth Vader and Stromtrooper. (I dont have Yoda or Darth Maul cause I dont care for those figures)

Well now there is a new Boba Fett!! He is based off the Boba Fett in the 9496 Desert Skiff set. The Keychain light was $11.99 at a local outdoor sporting goods store.

From the picture below, the packaging has the new aggressive Yoda green images.

2013-010.jpg

2013-011.jpg

To my surprise, Boba Fett comes with his jet pack. But no helmet antennae or cape. The head is glued into the helmet. My Storm Trooper helmet can come off thhe minifig's head.

From peering thru the narrow gap between Boba's helmet and head, it looks like the head is blank. No printing that I can see.

2013-012.jpg

The Leg Printing is fantastic.

img_2010.jpg

I bought some scrapbooking paper from a local arts and crafts store and made a cape for LED Boba Fett. I used the normal minifig cape and measured the length to determine the scaled up cape length.

I drew a line across the paper to denote the length of the cape from the edge of the paper. I then put the cape on top of a transparent box and shined a light down to cast a shadow onto the paper. I traced the shadow and cut out the cape.

I think it came out pretty well.

p1030318.jpg

I will eventually try to make a scaled antennaea and blaster using 3D printing.

Here is a line up of the Stormtrooper, Boba Fett and Darth Vader. (Large Darth's saber is from a Hallmark Xmas ornament.)

p1030319.jpg

Hmmm? I wonder if these guys would be about the right size to pilot UCS scale fighters?

Ohhh! Im so adding Boba to my LSW torch collection! I wonder if the others are now out too? I forget which ones they were though...

I apologise for bumping an old thread, but I've just bought the Boba Fett LED Lite and was wondering how you managed to get the head off to put the Jetpack on? Any ideas?

Cheers,

MMCB

EDIT:

Nevermind. Brute force prevailed.

Edited by mmcb