Erynlasgalen

Challenge VI: Friend or Foe...

Nestled in the ancient mystic sites the citizens of Historica readied for battle against the evil wizard Victor Revolword. Weapons were sharpened, armies amassed, battle plans scrawled out on parchment and ancient spells were practiced across the lands. Everyone was on the edge of their seat and nervous energy hung thick in the air. No one knew if they could really defeat Revolword, he was already very powerful and had overtaken their lands with ease with the aid of his elementals.

As the weeks wore on, the unease in the camps never lifted but the citizens battle cries grew louder and louder. The time had come to march upon Revolword and take back the lands and freedoms that he had stolen from them.

But that time never came. Late one cool summer night, the scouts came back with a very strange report. No elementals were seen roaming the dunes of the desert; none were seen flying though the skies, in fact there seemed to be none anywhere. It was like they just disappeared back into the earth from where they came.

Reports trickled in that Revolword had left Cerdica to amass even more powerful trophies and trinkets from the different lands. He had already pillaged the cities of Avalonia and Mitgardia and the scouts reported he was headed to the capitol of Siccus Badlands, Petraea.

The remaining soldiers of Petraea decided the best course of action was to send a small group into the capital city and see what information they could find. Was this just a trick of Victor to draw the armies out their safe areas and then destroy them?

Sneaking back into the city was an easy task, no living soul was around. No guards, no elementals, just barren streets and the occasional screech of a black bird.

8697486812_1a2747682f_z.jpg

The finally found him, the all powerful Victor Revolword, face down in darkening pool of his own blood. It covered the tiles of the royal palace and filled the air with a sickening smell of decay and evil. The only clue left behind to what happened to Victor were a few seemingly innocent feathers… perhaps they fell from Revolword’s hat in the ensuing scuffle.

8697486746_f842a290cf_z.jpg

One thing was for sure, Victor was dead and not coming back. The body he left in this world was unceremoniously dumped in an unmarked grave and quickly forgotten about.

8697486582_643e91461c_z.jpg

Citizens rejoiced in all the lands, threw celebrations, congratulated the brave and quickly started to rebuild their lives. In the coming weeks the cities and towns slowly began to show signs of life again as everyone slowly made their way out of the remote sites they fled too.

8696365593_01b662e04d_z.jpg

Questions were whispered in the streets and taverns that sprang up in the newly rebuilt towns. What happened to the elemental helm? Who killed Victor? Are they a friend or more powerful foe? No one knew the answers of course, but they all knew that one day the truth would be told.

Meanwhile…. somewhere in Historica a gravely cackle echoed where no one could hear.

8696363615_70cbb42bfd_z.jpg

“My pretty bird, have you recovered from what that nasty little man did to you? I can’t bear to see my precious little birds being hurt. What a stupid old man, thinking he could take over the world all by himself and leave nothing for anyone else. We showed him…didn’t we…”

8696363571_c8d0b619e1_z.jpg

The end... for now...

Thanks for reading everyone, this was quite a fun challenge!

I really like the use of dinosaur flippers for foliage, that's a wonderful idea, it works so well for cactus. As always, beautiful builds and presentation. Another feathery end! Too funny!

:classic:

Great to see another Kaliphlin entry, and with such fantastic builds! The interior scene and the photos of that are probably my favourites, but its hard to decide...so many nice details on the other builds as well!

Can't wait to read more about the bird lady (if we ever do...). Fantastic builds, that throne room is gorgeous.

You have really mastered capturing the feel of Kaliphlin in your builds :thumbup: The dark blue and white work beautifully together and the tan and dark bley scene is lovely :wub:

The swampy plant life is also top-notch, and the story is very interesting :classic:

Another excellent Kaliphlin entry!!! :classic:

That first build is absolutely amazing!!!

And I can believe you had fun making this entry as this is a very funny story :classic:

Some really nice designs here. I liked the "fin leaves" and the mushroom on horn/tail thingy combos. Historica needs more crazy birdmen for sure.

I didn't even know you were entering, but I am sure glad you did! These builds are amazing!

Excellent job, especially on the interior, those arches are awesome! Interesting story and good use of the Chima ravens! :thumbup:

Oh boy, its really difficult to comment on all entries, especially with so many cool Mitgardia free builds :wink: that still need commenting. Anyway, many great things here and its quite cool to see the Kaliphlin standard uniform again. Haven't seen it in a while! The shrooms however, really are the icing on the cake, love 'em!

really cool, I love those mushrooms!

Nice! All three scenes are great. I love your color schemes. The arches are awesome. You put the Chima parts to good use. I personally don't like those but you used them really well. The mushroom scene is my favorite. Awesome job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Don't mess with the birdies! :devil: Great story with an surprising ending. And the builds are all wonderfull, as said on flickr the dark blue works so well with white. I also really like your vegetation, the mushrooms and the use of the sand green parts. :thumbup:

Great work! I love the first build! The last is also amazing! The mushrooms are great! I love the cliffhanger! :classic:

Great entry! I really like the white/dk blue combo in the first build, and the use of the windows, axle bricks and tiles really makes the scene. My favorite scene is the last one, from the plants to the purple vials/mushrooms. I love the use of the dinosaur flippers and the alternate mushroom usage. I also love the use of Chima figs, and I will be using them shortly. Excellent job!