Sign in to follow this  
TheBrickAvenger

MOC: Teach me the Greenhouse Effect !

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Good morning to all of you

I present you my first entry for this MocAthalon on 2013, "Teach me the Greenhouse Effect ", I thus chose to represent the plan of this phenomenon for the 25th category:

" Just teach it!

Pick has subject matter, and break(break dance) it down in Lego form. Exhigh tide mitosis, trigonometry, yet(now) the the theory of relativity, for example. You can uses(wears out) to humor yet(now) shot straight, just make sure you got the facts right! "

Small explanations and for more precision I advise you to click the link and to follow the small numbers ;)

The greenhouse effect is thermal phenomenon known well on our planet where the atmosphere allows to pass a part of the radiation of the Sun

[1] which comes to strike the ground. Warmed, this one emits an infrared radiation among which 95 % is trapped [2] by the atmosphere made "raincoat" by the presence of gas of which mainly the steam on Earth, and the CO2 (the latter, as well as the other greenhouse gases, are results of our activities in particular the one who fossil fuels use.) 5 % of these gases escape towards the space [3].

There is then a greater insulation of the planet and a general reheating of this one [4]. To note that the greenhouse effect also exists on Venus or Mars although much lower.

8558321310_53d2b5e0a8_z.jpg

Teach me the Greenhouse Effect ! par TheBrickAvenger, sur Flickr

I was clearly inspired by the magnificent creation of Xenomurphy Spider-Mosaic

Hope you will like it !

Bye for now ! ;)

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Looks good, except...

Water goes under green land mass.

The core of the earth is not water.

Even island don't float.

Islands are mountains that touch the sea floor.

There should be a sea floor for water to sit on.

Note: Ice floats. :) good job.

Just trying to help.

Note: Plankton likes CO2.

Edited by Rexworth

Since this deals with the greenhouse effect (atmospheric) rather than climate change or the larger carbon cycle that involves the sea, landmasses and biomasses, I forgive not having a cross-section of the earth in the mosaic.

Nice job representing the atmosphere (and that little factory!). Good luck in MocAthlon!

I like it, and get why there is no cut away of the Earth... it's not relevant. One thing I had to take a second look at before posting was whether or not there are cows! I see there are :laugh::classic: