Sign in to follow this  
mpoh98

The Golden Hall of Theoden

My entry into Round 3 of the Middle Earth Lego Olympics.

Grant Davis vs. Matthew Oh

Category: The King of the Golden Hall

The kingdom of Rohan is deteriorating. With Saruman's pillaging, Wormtongue's poisonous words, and virtually a zombie on the throne, hope is all but gone. Use your bricks to show us the rustic beauty of Edoras and the events therein.

I had to quickly buy a bricklink order for the roof, but luckily it arrived in time. I had to order 345 tan slopes, and it wasn't enough!!!! Isn't that nuts! I have no clue what I am going to do with them after this round, whether I win or lose. I also heard that my opponent had to order too...this will be an interesting round.

Thanks For viewing!

Soli Deo Gloria!

1360204293m_SPLASH.jpg

1360204510m_SPLASH.jpg

A rather artistic shot. :D

1360204410m_SPLASH.jpg

The roof can come off for playability!

1360204550m_SPLASH.jpg

The Interior

1360204722m_SPLASH.jpg

One of the walls also opens up for even more playability!

Thanks for viewing!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Very nice model, but I almost wonder if it looks a little too "stony"- IIRC the one in the film was made more of wood.

Regardless though, it's great!

Amazing MOC; only thing I could think of that could be done differently is make it a bit longer lengthwise.

Awesome! Is Gandalf's hair custom? If not, where did you get it?

Thanks Carson! It is custom.

Very nice re-creation of the scene in the LOTR. I like the way it can be taken apart nicely and put back in place. Great work. :thumbup:

Very nice re-creation of the scene in the LOTR. I like the way it can be taken apart nicely and put back in place. Great work. :thumbup:

Thanks you! That was one of my favorite parts too. :D

You need to do something with the front gable (wall under the roof, in case I'm not using the right term, I'm too lazy to check). It's suffering from BGWS (big grey wall syndrome). Maybe a window? Or some wooden crossbeams?

Steve

You need to do something with the front gable (wall under the roof, in case I'm not using the right term, I'm too lazy to check). It's suffering from BGWS (big grey wall syndrome). Maybe a window? Or some wooden crossbeams?

Steve

Great advice Steve! Thanks!

Wow! It's really cool! I made one too, but mine, in comparisson with yours it's kiddy style!

Hahaha, thank you!

Very nice, but I agree a little less gray and a little more brown to give the impression of a wooden structure, as well as a little more elongation would make this near perfect MOC perfecto! I really like kevbee's version.

Very nice, but I agree a little less gray and a little more brown to give the impression of a wooden structure, as well as a little more elongation would make this near perfect MOC perfecto! I really like kevbee's version.

Wow! That is really good! I like his too! :D Yeah, I ran out of brown wood pieces. :/