zane_houston

FAPC: rEvolution

In the not too distant future, with deforestation rates at an all time high, a tribe of well-equipped chimps take matters into their own hands.

8421180079_6900c7be01_z.jpg

rEvolution by zane_houston, on Flickr

8422293828_3e3694202d_z.jpg

rEvolution by zane_houston, on Flickr

And the star of the show: the Ape Armor

8421179627_7b583e92c3_z.jpg

Ape Armor by zane_houston, on Flickr

This was a really fun build, the trees and the whole... diorama thing are a bit foreign to me so I'm glad I took a whack at it. Special thanks to Simon and Eurobricks for hosting the contest and LEGO for donating some awesome prizes!

haha the toes!

Brilliant mech, the Gorilla features you've been able to capture build is incredible!

Really well built and fun entry!

Wonderful mech! The use of modified tiles to create the gorilla's face is beautiful and highly evocative of the real thing. I also like the judicious use of technic hoes and the undersides of slope bricks.

So much win here, it's heaps better than the prototype Gorilla Mech we didn't see at Brickvention.... just don't tell Mark Stafford.

The head is spot on and it's proportions are great, this'll be the one to beat...and I thought I had a chance. :cry_sad: .... :grin:

Awesome mech !!

To me, it looks like the Stone Giant from LotR at first glance ... but features from gorilla distinguish it clearly ....

Amazing !! :thumbup:

This is stunning! - I'm reminded of the mechanical King Kong from those old Godzilla movies. In fact, in different colours and without the cock-pit this would make a nice brick-built Kong. Your truck is also well done. Superb :thumbup:

Wow- I'm amazed at how accurately it captures gorilla facial features and body. Terrific mech AND diorama!

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like the rocky style of the mecha :wink: