The recent Flash MOCs (http://www.flickr.com/groups/urtica/) gave me the inspiration for the stone technique, and of course I added a full interior.

This trading post located in the mountains of Mitgardia allows hunters and trappers to trade their furs for supplies, and provides a safe place to stay if neccesary. Joktan, who runs the trading post then sells those furs throughout Historica.

8421054069_a4c554993b_z.jpg

angled.JPG

interior.JPG

More pics here: http://brickbuilt.org/Trading-Post.php

Any C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Nice job! Love the wall and smoke techniques! The way you put snow in the trees is also quite cool (no pun intended)!

Nice job! Love the wall and smoke techniques! The way you put snow in the trees is also quite cool (no pun intended)!

Thanks, the snow in the trees is not my idea, I've seen quite a few others do it :classic:

Nice! I love it. You are truly talented. The guilds are getting pretty active.

Thanks, as the guilds activity, it goes in spurts, near challenges it gets a ton more active than this :wink:

Looks great SK! The wall technique sure looks intresting! May have to try that on a wall of my own! The smoke effect tricked me! I thought it was cotton at first! :laugh:

But that has to be the most boring job in Historica! :laugh: Just sitting around in the cold, throwing some logs in the fire and now and then buy some fur! :wink:

Really great build you made here SK!!!

The outside & the interior are perfectly detailed :classic:

But to be honest, I miss studs in the outside :look: for me, Lego MOC's still need to have a lego feeling (read: studs visible) :classic: It's not something really addressed to you because there are a lot of (excellent) MOC'ers who try to hide every stud :classic:

Flash MOC? What is that?

I do love the little cottage. Looks solid like a cottage in the harsh winter should be. Very cute.

Looks great SK! The wall technique sure looks intresting! May have to try that on a wall of my own! The smoke effect tricked me! I thought it was cotton at first! :laugh:

But that has to be the most boring job in Historica! :laugh: Just sitting around in the cold, throwing some logs in the fire and now and then buy some fur! :wink:

Thanks dG, I was pretty happy with the smoke effect. It's not that bad, he hunts himself and every so often takes the furs throughout Historica, he's kind of a hermit :wink:

Really great build you made here SK!!!

The outside & the interior are perfectly detailed :classic:

But to be honest, I miss studs in the outside :look: for me, Lego MOC's still need to have a lego feeling (read: studs visible) :classic: It's not something really addressed to you because there are a lot of (excellent) MOC'ers who try to hide every stud :classic:

Thanks, as to studs I generally leave studs showing on any parts that aren't man-made, but in this build I wanted to capture the effect of newly fallen snow. The rive is all studs up and in front of the bridge where the snow has been walked in is studs up :classic:

Flash MOC? What is that?

I do love the little cottage. Looks solid like a cottage in the harsh winter should be. Very cute.

Thanks, forgot to say your Urtican build was probably the biggest inspiration for this, hope I didn't copy to much :classic:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particularly the canal :wink:

As always, a very solid build SK. I like the stream and the snow and the interior. I also do like the stone wall of the building and I'm impressed that you also tiled the interior - Great job! I would love to see the same width for the tiles on the corners, but I don't know if this is doable.

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particularly the canal :wink:

As always, a very solid build SK. I like the stream and the snow and the interior. I also do like the stone wall of the building and I'm impressed that you also tiled the interior - Great job! I would love to see the same width for the tiles on the corners, but I don't know if this is doable.

Thanks, it is possible to do and would probably look better. Didn't have the necessary pieces though :classic:

Nice build, SK!

The snow on the roof looks good, but I especially like the snow on the trees :thumbup: .

The smoke looks great too.

Nice build, SK!

The snow on the roof looks good, but I especially like the snow on the trees :thumbup: .

The smoke looks great too.

Thanks, I've seen several other people use that technique for snow in the trees and liked it so I decided to do it myself. I think I'll be using this smoke design quite a bit in the future :classic:

A great little build, the stone walls look good as does the neat interior. I was waiting for some mocs to show up inspired by the flash moc on flickr, it was pretty awesome.

Nice build :thumbup:

That stone technique is pretty neat, and the fact that you were able to slant some of the snow boggles my mind... Nice interior as well and good work in general. Just as a small note, the transition from the larger stones to the smaller, more normal kinds at the edges feels almost like you just didn't have enough big ones or couldn't space them right to get them to turn the corners. If you could keep all the stones 2 studs wide it might look a bit less forced?

Nice smoke and chimney too though!

Indeed a familiar stone technic :tongue: The idea is well executed and the stone work works really great. But I think it would be even better if you used teh same technic for the corners!

A great little build, the stone walls look good as does the neat interior. I was waiting for some mocs to show up inspired by the flash moc on flickr, it was pretty awesome.

Nice build :thumbup:

Thanks DC :sweet:

That stone technique is pretty neat, and the fact that you were able to slant some of the snow boggles my mind... Nice interior as well and good work in general. Just as a small note, the transition from the larger stones to the smaller, more normal kinds at the edges feels almost like you just didn't have enough big ones or couldn't space them right to get them to turn the corners. If you could keep all the stones 2 studs wide it might look a bit less forced?

Nice smoke and chimney too though!

Thanks, the snow is extremely simple, in fact I did it the same way I always do snow on roofs :laugh:

You're probably right about the corners :thumbup:

Indeed a familiar stone technic :tongue: The idea is well executed and the stone work works really great. But I think it would be even better if you used teh same technic for the corners!

Yup you're right about the corners, something to keep in mind for the next time :classic:

Nice MOC! Really like the walls, snow on the roof and the smoke and of course the awesome interior! :thumbup:

Nice little hut SK, I really like it. Great looking new technique with those great tiles. Good job on the roof too!

Nice MOC! Really like the walls, snow on the roof and the smoke and of course the awesome interior! :thumbup:

Thanks, I was pretty happy with the effect of the stone technique on the interior :classic:

Nice little hut SK, I really like it. Great looking new technique with those great tiles. Good job on the roof too!

Thanks kabel :classic: