Prelude to Chapter III, Battle of Mpya Stedor

Prelude:

(link to previous part of the story)

As Lloth told Lord Damaximus, the selfcalled Queen Valsharess was on her way to Mpya Stedor. Razing every little building on her way. It didn't take so long before sir Tomvaximus (who is in control of Mpya Stedor in absence of Lord Damaximus) realised that the strength of his city would be tested very soon.

Luckily for him, Sultan Steh V of Amenor recently arrived with some fearsome soldiers as a gift for the city. But the other promised reinforcements from King Mattiximus (Ximus) and King Donkon II (Atlarka) were still somewhere sailing towards here. Every day, Sir Tomvaximus still hoped that the watchers would yell they are arriving. But the chance that they would be on time shrinked with the hours passing by.

Sir Tomvaximus looked at the map in front of him and placed the flag of Victor again some closer to his city. Within a week, the battle will start...

Evacuation in Mpya Stedor:

The golden clock, high in the gatehouse tower, banged slowly. Over and over again...

Everyone expected this, so everyone had already packed their stuff. But still, the tears of crying babies could be heard at Peregrinus.

The fathers helped their wifes with carrying their goods to the docks.

Here they kissed each other goodbye, hoping to see their partner alive again...

Harbor slaves loaded the sloops with crates, barrels and women with their childs.

The captains row the sloops to the ships in the bay. If Mpya Stedor would lose the battle, they can quickly sail out, to other safer continents.

boms0ae1.jpg

(click on this picture (only this one) to see it in better quality)

boms0ae2.jpg

boms0ae3.jpg

boms0ae4.jpg

boms0ae6.jpg

boms0ae7.jpg

boms0ae8.jpg

C&C ofcourse welcome!!

Some notes:

*I used this MOC to test my designs for the docks in the city

*First time I have no studs on the flour :laugh:

*The water is kinda boring, but that's because all my round tiles are incorperated in another MOC atm (see the teaser for the battle)

Looks good! We'll have to whoop Victor so we can repopulate that great city soon

Thanks already! :classic:

@Chemistry Master:

Atm I got 2 statues: the Liberty one and a slave. For this scene, I thought the Liberty Lady would be the best choice, as the men will defend Mpya Stedor to keep their freedom :classic:

@Gedren

There are 16 rohan soldiers underway (they are for my brother, but I may use them).

But the order with the 150 6x12 dark tan plates is more important for me as I need them for the Battle Moc :classic:

Great job, I like the use of the statue there, it definitely reminds me of enlightenment era docks in one of the great cities of Europe. I really like the design of the dock itself, although, when you make the full size (if you are planning on doing so) I would extend the dock itself about eight studs to accommodate larger loads.

One thing I was thinking after viewing this is that your building and picture-taking abilities have come a long way since starting GoH. Great work.

Nice job! You should do tiled floors more often, they really look great here especially! (Though they are a bit brick consuming... ). Nice touch with the tunnel and crab, I hope Lord Damaximus can arrive in time!

@Ska, I have to admit that I was inspired by 2 fellow BELUG-members. One of them has made a beautifull copy of the Titanic and together with the other one, they build a whole scene around it where they load him. I helped them with setting it up at Brickmania Antwerp (you see indeed in the in the middle of the left edge my palace :laugh: )

8215805423_77b318647d.jpg

Also thanks :sweet: I still have a long way to go :laugh:

@Kai: it is indeed very brick consuming. But yeah, my whole city is ... . That's the reason I postphoned my deadline with a few years :laugh:

Edited by DaMaximus

Nice, I like the so much activity going on here. And the statue column is good too.

I have to ask how do you mix the flesh minifigs with the yellow do they represent something more?

Not really, I always thought that the fleshies were just the same as the yellow minifigs here in Kaliphlin :laugh:

I don't really have a story for them. Mpya Stedor is also a fairly new city, so all its residents are coming from places allover Historica and the world, so that's maybe the best explaination that I can give for the diversity :laugh:

Nice little build here. I really like how you're creating prelude MOCs for your story (perhaps it will also be your Challenge VI entry..?). Nice sense of urgency and panic in this MOC.

Nice little build here. I really like how you're creating prelude MOCs for your story (perhaps it will also be your Challenge VI entry..?). Nice sense of urgency and panic in this MOC.

Thanks!

Normally it is just meant as prelude for the Chapter III of the Quest of the Alleenridders (Chapter III will be the battle of Mpya Stedor) And I will see Chapter III as a prelude for the Challenge VI entry (because it is way to big to count as a valid MOC-entry).

But probably I will use the MOC of Chapter III to start my challenge VI entry as well (but with a different minifigure set-up as it would take place after the battle is over) :classic: