Nom Carver

MOC: TIE Avenger

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

At the beginning of the year, I was not very excited by the release of the sith fury class interseptor, but lately I was caught by the consumist frenzy and got my hands on one of them, when I finished building it, I realized how much it resemble to one of my all time favorite fighters, the TIE avenger, so I decided to disassemble it partially and turn it into a more OT related MOC.

Reference: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/ad_starfighter

8338773876_8173ffaab9.jpg

P1010624 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

8337713445_a44c151f48.jpg

P1010626 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

8337713071_b833e7570b.jpg

P1010627 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

8338772738_d148722ce4.jpg

P1010630 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

8337712219_c0cbd4858d.jpg

P1010633 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

8337711875_066fe0ba99.jpg

P1010636 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Now for comparison with previous TIE releases (I hope I had the new one):

8338771562_9d6e833ff7.jpg

P1010639 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

8338771222_b501bfb73a.jpg

P1010640 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

8337710839_13751bc16b.jpg

P1010646 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

And one last pic:

8338770474_a68372c9c0.jpg

P1010651 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

So what do you think? I hope you like it

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: , very close to the real model :wink:

Thanks to both, and no, is a combination of the sith interceptor and the original tie interceptor with a few spare bricks

Love it! Nice that you do black/grey in stead of black/blue like Lego always did in the past.

Very well done! :thumbup:

Wouldn't this model be a TIE Interceptor, not Avenger? Either way, it's very sleek and I like it, especially considering it's rebuilt mostly from two sets.

Wouldn't this model be a TIE Interceptor, not Avenger? Either way, it's very sleek and I like it, especially considering it's rebuilt mostly from two sets.

The difference more visible is in the rear part, in the Avenger (this model) the rear part is longer because houses the hyperdrive; the Interceptor hasn't an hyperdrive. For more details chekc Wookiepedia page http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/ad_starfighter

This is beautiful (am I allowed to used that word in the Star Wars forum?). It would definitely be in my collection if it were an official set.

Edited by Kristel

Ah, you're speaking of the pod section. The solar array is what had me sold on it being an Interceptor as, with the exception of the "profile picture" on Wookiepedia, all the shots of the Avenger on that page feature wings comparable in size to Vader's x1, but with cutouts on the vertical sections to give the panels almost an H shape. Interceptor: Rear, \_/ Front, /|_|\ Avenger: Rear&Front /|_|\

Clicky

That's the Avenger I've known since the 90's, as they were seen in TIE95 (a game I spent many, many hours playing with my dad's beat-up old joystick way back when). I'm still inclined to believe that the shape of the wings belongs to the Interceptors and that the featured picture on the Avenger page is incorrect or perhaps just taken from an angle such that you can't properly see the /|_|\ shape to the rear of the solar array, making it appear as though it is simply \_/, as your model is.

I may be entirely wrong and I certainly don't mean to detract from your model, or derail the thread. As I mentioned before, regardless of source/reference, it is a great build (and, hey, by contesting this point, I'm keeping it up near the top of the page, getting you views! :grin: )

Well 'Nom' I say you nailed the design as prefect as you can in Lego.....interesting craft....I guess it would give an X-wing a run for it's money eh ? :wink:

Brick On 'Nom Carver' ! :classic:

Thanks to you all, I needed to have a fighter to stand against my new x wing, and about the panel shape, it may not be accurate but I can easy modify it to fit your reference, thats what we are here for, I will give it a shot and show you the result so you can tell me how do you like it beter

Oh, I didn't mean for you to do that, and I certainly wouldn't ask you to! Interceptor, Avenger, no matter the name, I like it just fine as it is! That said, you did a great job with this version, so if you do decide to reshape the panels, I'd love to see that, too.